Toast Brad Sheppard

Remove this Banner Ad

The reason we took him instead of Jetta might have something to do with Monkey Brennan been his uncle! I though the posters on here where better informed than this.

Jetta was extremely confident of being picked up by us and was initially disappointed when overlooked. When they asked Woodhouse why they decided not to go with Lewis, they were told he wasn't the sort of player they were looking for.

We can forget about Lewis coming home now too. A few opportunities have opened up for him outside football this year and he's decided Sydney is the best place for him

Gaff is too slight to ever be big enough to be good in a centre square. How many skinny boys do you see in the centre square? Hes not fast either. His biggest assets are his kicking and endurace. Both of which are bloody useless in the middle. Makes NO sense whatsoever.

Gaff is too slight to ever be big enough to be good in a centre square. How many skinny boys do you see in the centre square? Hes not fast either. His biggest assets are his kicking and endurace. Both of which are bloody useless in the middle. Makes NO sense whatsoever.

If you want to put a ceiling on his development, yes. Long term we need players that are able to do more than just run on a wing. Hopefully he will be able to add another string to his bow.

"When they asked Woodhouse why they decided not to go with Lewis, they were told he wasn't the sort of player they were looking for."

:eek:

How on earth did he manage to keep his spot this week?

He's played much better games then that and STILL been dropped the following week. This vexes me.

*takes out bag of thinking grenades*
I'm all for giving him more games. He needs some continuity and seeing as we're not going to make finals, we may as well aid his development

I don't think he is contracted for next year. Maybe they want to see more of him before they decide what to do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

good to see him use his body well for an early grab.
looked good taking the game on with multiple efforts.
hopefully he takes some confidence away from this game.

Masten wasn't particularly slow, he just had a couple of very interrupted years. The comparison with Masten on this basis is a myth.

I've always been a pretty big Masto fan but his form in 2010/11 on a HFF was very average, interrupted or not. Sure he was new to that position, but given the way that Sheppard is being thrown around the ground I think he deserves the same caveat.

Don't understand why people have already decided Shepard's value.

We have these players:

Dazzle
McGinnity
Priddis
A Selwood
Rosa

They aren't going to get any better. They are all know quantities and not players we should be thinking long term. Rosa is okay, but I think there are better options on the wing (Schoey and Shepard).

Shepard is still pretty new and we haven't seen enough to know where his ceiling is. I'm 50/50 about him making it but we should be playing him to find out. We already know about the others.

In hindsight he was the wrong pick at 7, but that is history. We need to pump games into him to see if he can cut it. Sooner rather than later.

The games when Sheppard has played well he has really given us something. Unfortunately he hasn't been able to do that periodically this year. Personally I think he is worth persevering with, but as with Masten a few years back he needs to be given a few games in a row in the same role.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Brad Sheppard

Remove this Banner Ad

Back