Autopsy Brave Swans fall 9 points short

Remove this Banner Ad

Well.

If you don't laugh, you cry.

I mean, did put reasons why we would drop it in the preview thread.....

As an aside, need to stop drinking our own bath water and actually put the hard work in. Seems like no one wants to guts it out when it isn't an easy game against teams we should win against. That kinda hubris has been bitting us on the arse since about 2017.

We are at least one or two hard nosed all day at it midfielders away from winning it.

I want Hopper and another inside mid.
Sheldrick needs to come through quick smart

No we are not much chop.
The Bombers beat a Saints team that had Ryder, Hill & Higgins running around for them.
We beat the Saints with a softened team & couldn't beat a Port team that lost Boak, Gray & Butters early in the match.
We are as good as an 8th placed side & as bad as a 12 placed side.
At best we win 2 & lose 1, win 2 win 1.
At best.
Beat Tigers, Demons. Lose to Port & Bombers.
Sorry we are way better than Essendon.

With Papley and Reid kicking for our season, call the undertaker. Off to the 2s until he plays a team game and learns to kick set shots.

Each time Reid went in the ruck momentum swung. I am sick of people talking up his supposed skills. He can go to the 2s.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only 1 win against Essendon at the MCG in the last century.
Oooof.

Though in fairness it's felt like most of the times we've played them in Melbourne have been at Marvel?

Only watched the last quarter, was McDonald that terrible for the whole game? Ball watching, failing to impact every contest, lazy...
He's got to be dropped on that. Honestly cannot remember a poorer quarter from a Swan. On the bench looking like he's thinking about something other than footy at the end too.
Keep him in reserves so he can concentrate on gym work the rest off the year. He's got to get a lot stronger. Talented kid, without doubt but I do wonder if it's in him sometimes.

Posting opinions having watched one quarter - drop yourself turnip

The turning point in the last was when we had a 2 goal lead and Stephens had the ball at halfback. Had a reasonably simple kick to a teammate on the lead into space. Messed it up, ball went out for throw in, and Essendon kicked a goal soon after
No mistake causes a team to give up 5 goals in a row.

And then we gave up 4 in a row in the last.

All this against the worst side in the comp. That's a problem with the group.

I am honestly beginning to struggle to care. I mean if the Swans players themselves don't care why should I.

It is ok, we will turn up next week.

Consistently inconsistent in our application and performance.

Legitomately outside of say Warner, and P Mac, I have no idea how each member is going to play week to week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Brave Swans fall 9 points short

Remove this Banner Ad

Back