Player Watch Brayden Cook - Contract Extension to End of 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

Defying his lower disposal numbers and that one game where he had subpar disposal efficiency to earn a 2yr deal.

onya Cooky, saying Ciao to the haters
Glad they’ve identified there is a footballer there and needs persisting. Given our season is shit, would be madness not to, might be the smartest thing Nicks has done all year.

2 years is the perfect amount of time for Cookie. Definitely seen enough to persist. Assuming he plays another 25 games across the next 2 years we should be pretty certain by then whether he has what it takes to take that next step at AFL level or not.

Pretty obvious re-signing given that he has been consistently selected since being brought in round 4 this year. He has now played more games this year than in all previous seasons combined.

Whether he continues beyond 2026 will be contingent on him being able to get involved more often going forward. The skills and smarts are already at the required level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Defying his lower disposal numbers and that one game where he had subpar disposal efficiency to earn a 2yr deal.

onya Cooky, saying Ciao to the haters
Don't recall anyone saying he should be delisted?

Disposal efficiency is elite, needs to be involved more and increase those score involvements.

Has been good to see us investing this year, riding out the flat games, letting him find his feet. It's exactly what a club should be doing during a rebuild. Also good to see us backing in a high skill player rather than a pure effort player. There needs to be a balance and hopefully we are realising this.

It's a shame this didn't happen two years ago but better late than never.

I love that the goalposts have shifted from calling him Four Touch to now outlining the one game he has poor disposal efficiency.

But all Hail SMURPH. Wonder if he enjoyed the MAESTRO's presser the other day.
Are you a little confused. I have said consistently for more than two years that Murphy and McHenry are not in our best 22. I have also supported giving games to Cook, the walking highlight reel.

Can you walk and chew gum at the same time? It is possible that Murphy and McHenry are not AFL standard footballers AND Brayden Cookis only 20 games away from being a whipping boy on this Board. Perhaps the next Ben Davis?

I have no problems giving him a Fifth and Sicth year but I am amused by the way some posters wax lyrical over him (or are they waxing lyrical over themselves).

Last edited:
Are you a little confused. I have said consistently for more than two years that Murphy and McHenry are not in our best 22. I have also supported giving games to Cook, the walking highlight reel.

Can you walk and chew gum at the same time? It is possible that Murphy and McHenry are not AFL standard footballers AND Brayden Cookis only 20 games away from being a whipping boy on this Board. Perhaps the next Ben Davis?

I have no problems giving him a Fifth and Sicth year but I am amused by the way some posters wax lyrical over him (or are they waxing lyrical over themselves).
I wouldn't go as far as Ben Davis, maybe a David Mackay.
if he can get as good a smith (prime), seedsman or richard douglas that would be awesome.

Great to see he got a 2 year extension.

Great skills, has the X factor that can win a final. Just want to see him get more of the footy.
I was wondering your thoughts on cook given your posting in the Fog thread.

Happy to see they are consistent, annoyed I can't call you out 🤣

But I agree 100%, exactly the type of guy we should be betting on

Glad we’ve backed him in this year, had some good games and some not so good ones

Reckon he’s more a forward than anything, you’d think he would’ve learned to consistently accumulate by now, but his skills and goal sense are still incredibly valuable

Absolutely deserves the extension

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Brayden Cook - Contract Extension to End of 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

Back