Player Watch Brayden Maynard

Remove this Banner Ad

Maynard starts to build confidence, this is a good sign. Every single time he marks the ball in defensive 50 I hope he can search for our big men and use his damaging left foot to gain metres. Every time he tried to be smart before he been caught to be stupid. Keep doing this Brayden, it looks promising

Maynard starts to build confidence, this is a good sign. Every single time he marks the ball in defensive 50 I hope he can search for our big men and use his damaging left foot to gain metres. Every time he tried to be smart before he been caught to be stupid. Keep doing this Brayden, it looks promising
Still think he will be a weapon in the midfield or on a wing where he can use his long kicking to hit leading targets.

Thought he was ok without doing a anything great. He doesn't hurt the opposition that's the problem.

Yes he does. Just not always
With his disposal. That will come. He's a brute. And he will be a
Weapon going forward. Just wish he'd take an extra milisecond sometimes to steady or find a better option or even balance himself.

Needs the tank. I think he could push up on the wing once Ramma and Shaz come in one day (hopefully).

Definitely. I think once he builds a tank he'll be able to pull off more of the things he wants to do. Some of his mistakes look fatigue related.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I totally get that, hence why I'd rather see young blokes having a dip over the likes of Cloke/Goldsack/Toovey etc.
I think Toovey is done, Goldy adds some experience and desperation to the backline.
If we can leave Cloke to play the role he played last night he'll be ok.

I think you'll find it's well known he's not very bright.
In the B&W show he quoted himself as the least likely at the club to be a politician.
I get the impression the players and he all agree he's not very bright.
That said, footy intelligence is all I require him to have.

I would have thought that should be applauded.

Comparison between Maynard season to date and what you think is Maxwell's breakout season...

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...&pid1=4059&pid2=1432&fid1=S&fid2=P&fopt2=2007

and 2008 for good measure..

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...&pid1=4059&pid2=1432&fid1=S&fid2=P&fopt2=2008

and 09 just in case...

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...&pid1=4059&pid2=1432&fid1=S&fid2=P&fopt2=2009

Of course they were Maxwell's 4th 5th and 6th senior seasons. He had 47 games under his belt going into 07, 72 going into 08, and 95 going in to 09. And he had a pretty handy side building around him at that time.

I've a been anti Maynard for awhile now ( and justified ) but over the last 2-3 weeks he hadn't been top of mind for me which generally for me means not worst on ground, jury still out but step in the right direction

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fantastic job today in Stevie J. Shut him down and offered some good rebound.
He is coming on in leaps and bounds over the last 6 weeks

Agree. For mine his best game for the club. Might not have had the stats he has had recently but Stevie is close to AA form and he beat him 1 on 1 a number of times. Many have called him slow but he looked pretty quick at times today. The kid can play.

So much better. Good to see that hard work and little bit of experience each week goes a long way. Man posters here will be eating their words. Can't wait.
You mean we shouldn't be making career decisions on 2nd year players ?:thumbsu:

Some just don't understand how players develop at different rates and the 4th year is when you start seeing signs of a finished product.

But, we're likely to see this rounds Rising star nominee as the player we should have selected.

I've a been anti Maynard for awhile now ( and justified ) but over the last 2-3 weeks he hadn't been top of mind for me which generally for me means not worst on ground, jury still out but step in the right direction

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you are starting to think you were wrong

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Brayden Maynard

Remove this Banner Ad

Back