Retiring Breaking: Matthew Lloyd says Geelong coach Chris Scott will be "hoping" Tom Hawkins will not be available for selection if the Cats make finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 19, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
'Lloyd knows Scott will be forced to make some difficult calls if Hawkins does get up in time for the end of the regular season.

"If he gets through training over the next month and he becomes available for selection, what (does) Chris Scott do?" Lloyd said on Nine's Footy Classified on Monday night.

"I don't think he (Scott) can play him (Hawkins). His form was off for nearly two months, and then he goes down and his side has performed really, really well, since he's gone out.

"I think Shannon Neale deserves his spot ahead of him. I also think Jeremy Cameron ... is better out of the goal square. '

Last edited:
As insensitive as this sounds, I think it’s a fair assessment tbh. At the end of the day the aim for most clubs & coaches is to win premierships.. this is a business after all and if they’re doing better without him in the team then so be it.

'Lloyd knows Scott will be forced to make some difficult calls if Hawkins does get up in time for the end of the regular season.

"If he gets through training over the next month and he becomes available for selection, what (does) Chris Scott do?" Lloyd said on Nine's Footy Classified on Monday night.

"I don't think he (Scott) can play him (Hawkins). His form was off for nearly two months, and then he goes down and his side has performed really, really well, since he's gone out.

"I think Shannon Neale deserves his spot ahead of him. I also think Jeremy Cameron ... is better out of the goal square. '

I think Hawkins knows he will not get back, and he will do the team thing unless Neale has a bad last 2 games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But why are Geelong just happy to finish in the top 8 every year and not win Grand Finals?
The Most Successful Club of the 21st Century with 4 premierships.
Currently sitting on 17 premierships in total.

4 & 17 vs Richmondy's 3 & 13

Minnows.
Richmond.

Greatness.
Geelong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Retiring Breaking: Matthew Lloyd says Geelong coach Chris Scott will be "hoping" Tom Hawkins will not be available for selection if the Cats make finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back