News Brendan Gale to Tasmania

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe they did that. Most organisations have contingencies in place if the head honcho goes. He’s also not leaving for quite a while.
If they have then they should of announced him the moment that Gale announced he was leaving. This was really poor planning by the club

If they have then they should have announced him the moment that Gale announced he was leaving. This was really poor planning by the club
He’s one of the best CEO’s going around and isn’t required at his new club until early next year. Why on earth would you get rid of him straight away when he’s one of, if not the, best? And his integrity is without question! He even said on SEN that he’s going to excuse himself from contracting players etc, and from discussions involving Tassie draft concessions.
Will also keep on top of all things that are happening at present and ensures a smooth handover.
Sorry, but I just don’t get the angst and bagging of the club on this.

He’s one of the best CEO’s going around and isn’t required at his new club until early next year. Why on earth would you get rid of him straight away when he’s one of, if not the, best? And his integrity is without question! He even said on SEN that he’s going to excuse himself from contracting players etc, and from discussions involving Tassie draft concessions.
Will also keep on top of all things that are happening at present and ensures a smooth handover.
Sorry, but I just don’t get the angst and bagging of the club on this.
Read my posts here and then reread them again. Do it a third time and maybe my point will sink in. Because there is an infinitesimally small chance it will be picked up I will say it explicitly, **** I will bold it for people:

The Richmond Football Club should already have a new CEO working with Gale during this year for effective transition.

Gale has said that he was having a discussion with O'Rourke last year about leaving. If he is telling the truth, Gale was having discussions around standing down BEFORE Hardwick had issues with cooking sausages. That should of alerted the higher ups that they should start making a short list and sounding out some potentials. Sure it will leak to the media but we need experienced people in the club anyway. AS SOON AS GALE LISTED HIS HOUSE we should of ramped up and spent the last 3 months getting the right person from our shortlist. Then, as soon as soon as O'Rourke said "It is said to see Gale leave the club" he should of followed that up with "But it is with great pleasure we announce [INSERT NAME] will be taking over Gale's position. For the rest of the year Gale and [INSERT NAME] will work closely together to ensure a smooth and easy transition so that [INSERT NAME] can hit the ground running 1 Jan 2025"

Read my posts here and then reread them again. Do it a third time and maybe my point will sink in. Because there is an infinitesimally small chance it will be picked up I will say it explicitly, heck I will bold it for people:

The Richmond Football Club should already have a new CEO working with Gale during this year for effective transition.

Gale has said that he was having a discussion with O'Rourke last year about leaving. If he is telling the truth, Gale was having discussions around standing down BEFORE Hardwick had issues with cooking sausages. That should have alerted the higher ups that they should start making a short list and sounding out some potentials. Sure it will leak to the media but we need experienced people in the club anyway. AS SOON AS GALE LISTED HIS HOUSE we should have ramped up and spent the last 3 months getting the right person from our shortlist. Then, as soon as soon as O'Rourke said "It is said to see Gale leave the club" he should of followed that up with "But it is with great pleasure we announce [INSERT NAME] will be taking over Gale's position. For the rest of the year Gale and [INSERT NAME] will work closely together to ensure a smooth and easy transition so that [INSERT NAME] can hit the ground running 1 Jan 2025"
Fair enough👍

It sounds like you're over Gale's private life...

So the Gale's sell in January, 11 months before they have the new job starts. What's the market that slow? What price did they get for the house? How long had they been in the current house?
Are they renting now?
where will the kids go to school.
Where are they buying next? Do the Gales have to buy their own place in Hobart . Or does the AFL .
Maybe the missus is a real estate nuffy.

A 16 year CEO of a rabble of a club, he's transformed into $35 million/year power house. 80k members. I know there's a stable board, newish President. No Focus on Footy Coups required. Kudos to everyone for that smooth transition of Presidency.

New CEO will be found, soon I have no doubt, the organisational side of the club is humming.

I hoped for a smoother transition to post flag life. I'm a keyboard warrior list manager, didn't love every list call, selection call.

Barrett praised GFC, & Swans for their smooth transition Prez & CEO yet piles on RFC while we already have a new Prez, and 2 weeks into a search for a CEO.

If that;s complacency let me wallow in it
It must be hard to breath with the litres of male gametes you are sucking out of yourself. Maybe you should do us a favour and try to add some asphyxiation to your routine, Paula Yates claims Michael Hutchence found it really took his breath away.

Everything in my post is out in the public knowledge. Gale and O'Rouke have both said that they were in discussion about Gale and his plans and how he was signalling how he wanted to leave. If we have sat on our hands then that is poor management.

On to his house, there were articles around when he listed the property back in late January early Feb regarding the listing that were shared on this forum. Hell here is an article that talks about how he got $6.6m from it and even list the address of the property

https://www.realestate.com.au/news/...-gales-brighton-home-sells-above-price-hopes/

The basic thing that members should be asking for from a "Powerhouse" organisation is a little foresight and planning when the main man is starting to have conversations about leaving. It would of been the best thing for the club to come out and say that we are disappointed Gale is leaving but here is the new guy that will be working closely with Gale over the next 7 months for an in-depth handover.

So in the corporate world it's not uncommon for a ceo to stay and help the new CEO and or help in the selection process of a new CEO.

I can't believe so many people on here are lining up with media flogs like Barrett and Cornes to say he has to leave now.

Remember two things Brendan Gale is one of the all time greatest tigers. He loves the club and (I would suggest hates the AFL for a, overlooking him and b, doing their best to dismantle the tigers)

He will do his time in Tasmania and I hope one day he will become ceo of the AFL in time.

Meanwhile he will stay until the end and make sure we are on the right track to resuming our rightful place at the top of the ladder.

So in the corporate world it's not uncommon for a ceo to stay and help the new CEO and or help in the selection process of a new CEO.

I can't believe so many people on here are lining up with media flogs like Barrett and Cornes to say he has to leave now.

Remember two things Brendan Gale is one of the all time greatest tigers. He loves the club and (I would suggest hates the AFL for a, overlooking him and b, doing their best to dismantle the tigers)

He will do his time in Tasmania and I hope one day he will become ceo of the AFL in time.

Meanwhile he will stay until the end and make sure we are on the right track to resuming our rightful place at the top of the ladder.
Yup just because he will be joining Tassie doesn’t mean he loves the tigers any less
Benny is also the ultimate professional (it’s one of the reason why he is so highly regarded)

When he was head of the aflpa he pushed for things that actually made his job when he joined us again more difficult and I have no doubt he always had an eye on the CEO job here

If Tassie had a start date of 2026, then yeah time to march him out the door as soon as it was announced he would take over. However, they are not starting until 2028 or even later. Sure he can line people up and ask about their services in 2027 or so but 3 years is a long time in AFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back