BMW22

Senior List
Sep 5, 2005
Panther Place
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Eltham Panthers
Last year Brent Moloney was just another midfielder for geelong,had a few good games but overall nothing special.

This year however its changed.Every1's talkin about how good ottens has been,if it wasnt 4 this bloke,ottens would never had been at geelong.Besides that, this kid has turned into a vital part of the dee's midfield,with his hardness at the ball and his lovely long kicks,its amazing how nobody has metioned nething about 'Beama'.

i love watchin this kid play with his wild hair-do's and red and gold boots and i just wanna c other peoples opinions about him.

He is a gun!! Melboune done really well getting him.
Collingwood and Essendon and maybe richmond enquired about him but wanted one of the more known geelong younsters last year. eg. Kelly, Bartel

My opinion is this is the wrong board to discuss this unless you are talking about his trade. As for his trade I think Melbourne at first payed over the odds for him. At the time I don't think a young midfielder who showed a BIT but couldn't really crack Geelongs senior 22 is worth a first round pick. Obviously in the end he definately was.

Ottens = dud
Maloney= Legend
I wonder who got the better end of the deal.

a class act, and adds some pnetrating feets to melbournes game. is hard at it and tries all day. i think the dees got a bargain, and dont be supised if his style of play (hard running, in and under, penetrating kick) earnt him all australian honours, or even a brownlow, as he is in the thick of the action, right where the umpires can see.

Lets face it, Adelaide really got the best of the deal. They got Thompson.

(Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Melbourne used the pick they got for Thompson and not their #1 pick).

Ants said:
Lets face it, Adelaide really got the best of the deal. They got Thompson.

(Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Melbourne used the pick they got for Thompson and not their #1 pick).
But Thommo could very easily have done a Fergus Watts and nominate for the PSD, leaving us with nothing. We didn't have much choice in trading him because IIRC, Adelaide had a very early PSD pick.

So we've done pretty well to get Beamer. He finished 4th in the B&F this year, I don't even think Thommo ever finished Top 10 with us.

Oh yeah, Ottens = Crap.

Cos thommo couldn't string any games together, and he wouldn't have nominated for the PSD because he wanted to come back to South Australia. SA clubs just don't finish bottom. ;)

Oh yeah, its not like Melbourne had any chance.

It still doesn't change the fact Adelaide won out.

Although, then again given Richmond got two picks, maybe they won out?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

dees178 said:
Sour grapes
In what way? I'm merely pointing out how to spell his name.

I've got no beef with anyone over this. Geelong got what we needed, Melbourne ended up with a good player in the process. It's just so annoying that everytime a Dees supporter signs up to BigFooty the first thing they do is a Moloney > Ottens thread. It is very, very repetative.

Oh, and for what it's worth, thanks for James Kelly and Henry Playfair. How's Biz going these days, oh, he's down at Sandy...too bad, I guess we won that one hey fellas. Now shut up.

ablettjnr said:
In what way? I'm merely pointing out how to spell his name.

I've got no beef with anyone over this. Geelong got what we needed, Melbourne ended up with a good player in the process. It's just so annoying that everytime a Dees supporter signs up to BigFooty the first thing they do is a Moloney > Ottens thread. It is very, very repetative.
Then you're obviosly very uptight. If you are sick of people saying Ottens is crap then say so. Don't snap and tell me how to spell Moloney's name which has nothing to do with the subject

ablettjnr said:
Oh, and for what it's worth, thanks for James Kelly and Henry Playfair. How's Biz going these days, oh, he's down at Sandy...too bad, I guess we won that one hey fellas. Now shut up.

IMO, Bizzell had a very good season and got treated in a bad way...season under-rated...probably done more at Melbourne than he did at Geelong, despite you getting too magnificant footballers in return.

Lonie_from_50 said:
IMO, Bizzell had a very good season and got treated in a bad way...season under-rated...probably done more at Melbourne than he did at Geelong, despite you getting too magnificant footballers in return.
He sure has, but he did jack ******** at Geelong. I too was surprised when he got dropped, but surely Melbourne FC would know more about his season than me.

ablettjnr said:
For what it's worth, thanks for future captain Brad Miller (if Moloney doesn't get in first that is). How is Brent Grgic going these days, oh he was delisted years ago... too bad, I guess we won that one hey fellas. Now shut up.

I win.

Sylvia Saint said:
For what it's worth, thanks for future captain Brad Miller (if Moloney doesn't get in first that is). How is Brent Grgic going these days, oh he was delisted years ago... too bad, I guess we won that one hey fellas. Now shut up.

I win.
Kelly + Playfair + Grgic > Bizzel + Miller

Over and out.

I'd still take Ling, Bartel, Kelly, Corey, Enright,Ablett Jr, SJohnson in our midfield anyday... I'd probably've done the ottens trade again given the chance. As ablettjnr said, every1 got something everybody needed. And Sylvia Saint, yes we got grgic who was delisted, but we also got Kelly & Playfair out of that trade and the are far further away from retirement than bizzell is... So, i guess that means WE won!

Ah no.

Moloney (gun), Miller (gun) and Bizzell (fading gun) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kelly (good), Playfair (hack), Ottens (hack) and Grgic (hahaha).

Kelly has done FAR more than those two 'Guns' at this stage. Pure bias on your behalf. You would not understand the importance of Playfair to our structure, nor should I expect you to. Ottens 'hack', we will see, I'm sure you will be wrong.

Final word, did you enjoy the Elimination final a few weeks back? I know I did.

Remove this Banner Ad

Brent Moloney..A Quiet Star

Remove this Banner Ad

Back