Brent Moloney..A Quiet Star

Remove this Banner Ad

ablettjnr said:
Kelly has done FAR more than those two 'Guns' at this stage. Pure bias on your behalf. You would not understand the importance of Playfair to our structure, nor should I expect you to. Ottens 'hack', we will see, I'm sure you will be wrong.
Moloney > Kelly. But I did say Kelly was good didn't I?

Playfair is a poor man's Ben Holland. Enough said!

Ottens (turns 26 in Jan) will no doubt deliver on his massive potential one day. We've only been waiting 5 years.

ablettjnr said:
Final word, did you enjoy the Elimination final a few weeks back? I know I did.
Not really, the Semi Final was much more enjoyable.

Remember this guy?

Sylvia Saint said:

Playfair is a poor man's Ben Holland. Enough said!

Ottens (turns 26 in Jan) will no doubt deliver on his massive potential one day. We've only been waiting 5 years.

Not really, the Semi Final was much more enjoyable.

Remember this guy?
Wrong. Kelly has done way, way more than Moloney thus far, and any side would choose Kel over Moloney.

Holland > Playfair? Joke.

Two early finals exits in a row for you guys, you'd better start winning some before you hit the bottom again.

Sylvia Saint said:
OMG! Are you serious?
2005:
Moloney - 21 games/17 dpp/2 goals/56 tackles
Kelly - 24 games/18dpp/13 goals/83 tackles

.: Kelly>Moloney
Btw, remember this guy?

Sylvia Saint said:
Ah no.

Moloney (gun), Miller (gun) and Bizzell (fading gun) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kelly (good), Playfair (hack), Ottens (hack) and Grgic (hahaha).

Lol, you fool. Kelly is a far classier player than Moloney will ever be, and I'm not disparaging Moloney because he's no longer at Geelong, I still love to watch him play. Don't let bias cloud your judgement, it only serves to console. Miller isn't a gun, yet, and to say that Ottens is a hack only shows everyone that you simply follow the whim of the herd, or exposes the fact that you don't know football.

ablettjnr said:
"You hear that boys?...Some people call that silence, I call that...Victory."

Hahaha, nice one JUB's.
I call it pausing out of disbelief because of the infinte stupidity that is poring out of the mouths of the Geelong fans.

ablettjnr said:
Should have stayed silent.
What a fantastic comeback. Maybe you should have taken some of you're own advice and stayed quiet instead of proved my point that Geelong fans say silly things on this thread.

ablettjnr said:
Oh, and for what it's worth, thanks for James Kelly and Henry Playfair. How's Biz going these days, oh, he's down at Sandy...too bad, I guess we won that one hey fellas. Now shut up.
Overall Melbourne - Geelong Trades

Melbourne:

Miller
Bizzell
Moloney

Geelong:

Playfair
Kelly
Grgic
Half of Brad Ottens

I think that Melbourne came out on top then.

dees178 said:
What a fantastic comeback. Maybe you should have taken some of you're own advice and stayed quiet instead of proved my point that Geelong fans say silly things on this thread.
Because this one was soo much better. "I call it pausing out of disbelief because of the infinte stupidity that is poring out of the mouths of the Geelong fans."

As to the overall trade, we will argue the toss forever about who came out on top, and I think this is gonna be one of those agree to disagree things, coz this is goin' nowhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

melbournemartin said:
Overall Melbourne - Geelong Trades

Melbourne:

Miller
Bizzell
Moloney

Geelong:

Playfair
Kelly
Grgic
Half of Brad Ottens

I think that Melbourne came out on top then.

Miller and Moloney are a big part of the team and will be for the next 10 years or so. Bizzell has been good but fell out of favour later in the year, however last year after Rivers won the Rising Star award he mentioned that Biz was the guy who inspired him to get better and he basically based his whole game around him. So the Biz's input has been invaluable for showing leadership to the kids, and that sort of attributes are hard to come by.

Kelly is a very good player, probably a touch in front of Moloney right now, but still very close. Miller is a better player than Playfair, no doubt about it, even the stats show it. Grgic has already been delisted and the most expensive player of the lot, Ottens, had a poor year by the expectations placed on him.

As a Melbourne supporter I'm very happy. A cats fan will be happy with Kelly and hope that Ottens will produce the goods.

Jarka said:
Miller and Moloney are a big part of the team and will be for the next 10 years or so. Bizzell has been good but fell out of favour later in the year, however last year after Rivers won the Rising Star award he mentioned that Biz was the guy who inspired him to get better and he basically based his whole game around him. So the Biz's input has been invaluable for showing leadership to the kids, and that sort of attributes are hard to come by.

Kelly is a very good player, probably a touch in front of Moloney right now, but still very close. Miller is a better player than Playfair, no doubt about it, even the stats show it. Grgic has already been delisted and the most expensive player of the lot, Ottens, had a poor year by the expectations placed on him.

As a Melbourne supporter I'm very happy. A cats fan will be happy with Kelly and hope that Ottens will produce the goods.
Thank you. Finally, an un-bias comment.

ben_cats_fan said:
OMG! Are you serious?
2005:
Moloney - 21 games/17 dpp/2 goals/56 tackles
Kelly - 24 games/18dpp/13 goals/83 tackles

.: Kelly>Moloney
Btw, remember this guy?

Stats are fun, aren't they! :thumbsu:

Here's some more:

Inside 50's
Moloney - 130
Kelly - 86

Clearances
Moloney - 85
Kelly - 73

Rebound 50's
Moloney - 41
Kelly - 21

Long kicks
Moloney - 173
Kelly - <100

All this and he played 3 less games?? :eek:

At the end of the day though, both clubs got what they wanted. Melbourne got an exciting, tough midfelder for 10 years... and Geelong got a potential riddled, torn groin to blast through 1.5 goals a game and solve that last piece of the puzzel dilemma. It's a win/win.

Scotty Thompson was always going to be a gun for Adelaide, he was a ready made pick up for a midfield that already had some good quality blokes in it. Glad to see him do well, just a pity it didn't happen with us. Maybe if he didn't break his foot during 2004 and played out a full season he may not have felt the need to go home, who knows.

Moloney was a handy pick up though, had an excelent first year.

i loved when moloney was at geelong with a young kelly and spriggs, i like kelly but he is a front running player, he will only go good,when geelong does good,a true champion plays well every match and accpet 3 games,moloney did that.i think that u will see moloney more on the ground in the hard and gritty sh*t more than u will see james kelly in there ...

p.s = playfair is a terrible player,he doesnt kick goals at centre half foward , what does he do then?

BMW22 said:
i loved when moloney was at geelong with a young kelly and spriggs, i like kelly but he is a front running player, he will only go good,when geelong does good,a true champion plays well every match and accpet 3 games,moloney did that.i think that u will see moloney more on the ground in the hard and gritty sh*t more than u will see james kelly in there ...

p.s = playfair is a terrible player,he doesnt kick goals at centre half foward , what does he do then?
You're going to get slaughtered for that comment considering how many goals our CHF kicks.

BMW22 said:
i loved when moloney was at geelong with a young kelly and spriggs, i like kelly but he is a front running player, he will only go good,when geelong does good,

Did you like the "front runners" efforts against your "star studded" midfield in the Elimination final ?

I did :D

a true champion plays well every match and accpet 3 games,moloney did that.

Please,Tweek ain't a champion.A good player,but a long,long,long way off being a champion.

JUBJUB said:
Did you like the "front runners" efforts against your "star studded" midfield in the Elimination final ?
I think you have proven his point, i.e. Kelly plays well when Geelong plays well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Brent Moloney..A Quiet Star

Remove this Banner Ad

Back