Brent Staker hangs up the boots

Remove this Banner Ad

Certainly an unfortunate player, although that said he still passed the 150 milestone and played more than someone like Beau Waters.

It feels like forever since he played at the Eagles (where he was an interesting prospect but often maligned), and when his body allowed him I was glad to see him doing well at the Lions and really carving out a niche. He seemed a nice enough guy that you hoped that he would get that.

Still, the Broken Hill boy will no doubt live on most vividly as the unfortunate recipient of Barry Hall's brain snap. But I'll also remember him for his 2005 GF performance which would have kept him up nights and that novelty 2008 win against the Saints where him, Embley and Q were our skyscraper mids.

Was swans 2nd best player in 05 grand final behind Gardiner.
Lol. So many of our players had haunting moments that day. There is also Seaby and Sampi in that marking contest, and Nicoski very nearly getting a deflection off his leg into goal.

Looking back, our 22 that walked out on the day had no right winning, but at the time it felt like a huge missed opportunity given the season and the opponent.

Do we really need a thread for every retired player? What about every delisted player? Every player who gets drafted?

If you don't like it, report it.

But given Staker (and many others on the main board right now) have played over 150 games and been part of some successful sides, they are fair. If you don't like it, report it - or don't read it.

Lol. So many of our players had haunting moments that day. There is also Seaby and Sampi in that marking contest, and Nicoski very nearly getting a deflection off his leg into goal.

Looking back, our 22 that walked out on the day had no right winning, but at the time it felt like a huge missed opportunity given the season and the opponent.

Brent Staker
Kasey Green
Mark Nicoski
Travis Gaspar
Ashley Sampi

I'm sure they're all decent blokes and I was a big fan of Nicosk during his rebirth up forward, but they were all less than a kick away from being premiership players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So we can't object in the thread, we can only report it, really?

You can always choose not to post. If you post, you can expect some who won't agree - and some of them might be quite passionate about it.

That's the nature of these forums.

So we can't object in the thread, we can only report it, really?
Geez, let it go. If a thread doesn't interest you don't read it or post in it. If it doesn't interest anybody it will disappear so fast you'll probably never even know it existed.

Freak Athlete who could sometimes played AFL

Never threw more then 3 consistent games together, He would be thrown back and look like the next star CHB, then look hopeless

Throw him up Forward and would kick 2-3 goals, then hardly make a splash for a couple of weeks.

Weird player, athleticly gifted enough to make it and contribute, but just had long patches where he would look hopeless.

Good career however.

Brent StakerKasey GreenMark NicoskiTravis GasparAshley Sampi
I'm sure they're all decent blokes and I was a big fan of Nicosk during his rebirth up forward, but they were all less than a kick away from being premiership players.
They are not in the quality of Zac Dawson thats for sure.

Still remember his first game, Friday night game at Subi against Hawthorn in 2003. Makes you feel kind of old when a player can have a decent career and you still remember their debut.

You can always choose not to post. If you post, you can expect some who won't agree - and some of them might be quite passionate about it.

That's the nature of these forums.

I've been here a while and know how they work. The options you gave were not to read it or report it, not to post my disagreeance, you see?

Geez, let it go. If a thread doesn't interest you don't read it or post in it. If it doesn't interest anybody it will disappear so fast you'll probably never even know it existed.

Nah I just need to get my point of view across. Don't let it get you upset, you can always choose not to post.

Remove this Banner Ad

Brent Staker hangs up the boots

Remove this Banner Ad

Back