Remove this Banner Ad

May 20, 2001
Kufa, Iraq
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Banhammer Big House Under 70s
Brett Burton... come on down!!

If Bird doesnt take away this prestigous award I'll hop in KGs skirt with him.

burtonset.jpg

At Last!
A fencestanding everest climbing screamer that put him through the timewarp [left photo] to where he belongs.

I remember the day he took two contenders against Carlton at Optus Oval.
That was the day Blighty circled the group like a ravenous wolf.

CONGRATULATIONS BRETT.:thumbsu:

It was the highlight of the match without a doubt, could tell from the 1st quarter he was 'hunting' a hanger:p I think most of the crowd were rising with him, it was well, just and awesome grab:thumbsu:

If that isnt MOTY then I will prance down bourke street mall in only a crows scarfe:eek::thumbsu:

It was the highlight of the match without a doubt, could tell from the 1st quarter he was 'hunting' a hanger:p I think most of the crowd were rising with him, it was well, just and awesome grab:thumbsu:

If that isnt MOTY then I will prance down bourke street mall in only a crows scarfe:eek::thumbsu:

Quoted and (overly LOL) emphasised for posterity and later bumping if required.:D:D:D:eek::eek::eek:

I was 15m away from it on that HFFlank. Probably the greatest moment of my life :D:D:D

Crowd went nutters, even the Blues fans gave it a big cheer when the replayed it at 3qtr time.

It was a great mark! and i'd had at least 8 beers at that stage so imagine how good it was through my eyes:eek:!

After the mark I proceed to shout out- GIVE HIM THE CAR!

• Banned
There was a lot of discussion around the waterholes today.

Personally, if you look at where Shaun Smith gathered the ball, its at least 2 metres ;) below where Burton took his one grabber all the way down the elevator. Plus with a name like BIRDMAN how could they deny him....again.

No jumbling...a pure chestmark in the clouds:thumbsu:

loooks like tommy logan is gonna have to go buy his car bak after thinking he had MOY sewn up! goooood workkkk birdman

Was just listening to Rowie and Cornsey and they were interviewing Reid and they said something about Mark of the Year prize isn't a car anymore? Is this true? They said something about a vase......

Surely they were joking? Surely!

-Ben

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yup its true, he has been copping alot of trash talk from the boys for it as well.

The Birdman takes the biggest mark of the year and gets a Vase. Not just any vase but one engraved with Jezzas mark on it. I agree with what Cornes said "most over rated mark of all time" (Jezzas that is). It was a good mark not denying that BUT no way was it the best mark ever. There are plenty of better ones going around, heck I could prob find 10 marks this year that are better. Its the commentary that really sets it apart from the others. Why cant they just engrave the MOTY from this year on the vase. I am sure Birdman would rather his mark on the side.

Seriously :eek:! A friggin vase. With the amount of money being splashed around the AFL you think Hungry's would want to come up with something better than a vase.

What will goal of the year get? A set of matching doilies? :rolleyes:

How can they change the mark of the year prize in round 22? Hasn't it been a new car for a year? Well a car leased for a year?
Why the change all of a sudden, what a joke.

-Ben

Jee if I wanted a vase with Jezza's mark engraved, I'd go buy a second hand cheap vase and stick a picture of Jezza on it. For **** sakes AFL, what do you do with the Billions the game brings in?:mad: I can help Birdman use his prize if it is a years supply of Whoppers though.;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Brett Burton - Mark Of The Year 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Back