Injury Murray ACL (last year... cleared of major damage this year)

Remove this Banner Ad

We made an offer and yes it would have helped him get a bigger contract at Essendon

That’s how free agency works
We likely made a token offer knowing he wasn't going anywhere. If he was really leaving it would have been sorted 12 months ago in the preseason.

We likely made a token offer knowing he wasn't going anywhere. If he was really leaving it would have been sorted 12 months ago in the preseason.
Not necessarily re 12 months ago

Offer was just in line with our list management strategy , would have been more a chance to get him if Essendon struggled this year and we went a bit better

If he came to us it wouldn’t have been for a huge pay rise vs Essendon offer

From someone who would know

Redman admitted as much yesterday on radio too including numerous chats to Dawson who he grew up with
Sounds like he or his partner really didn't want to leave melb. The sticking point and the reason he was supposedly considering us was the dons offering a much shorter deal. Once they got close to our 6 years he was happy to sign. They probably only offered him 3-4 years initially and he wanted at least 5 years. I think the crows hoped Essendon wouldn't budge but deep down they would have known it was a speculative play and he probably wouldn't leave. Some players can't tolerate the hate they get as well so that could have been a factor. Sounds like he really loves his club and is invested as well.

Butts and Dawson are out, but Crouch, Hamill, Worrell and Muzz (and Gallagher) are all considered tests.

Good news about Crouch, I thought his year was supposed to be done!
Would prefer not to risk Muzz.

Either send Berg to defence or bring in Borlase.

We only need 2 tall defenders this week.

Every game is a risk. I'll trust Burgess to make the right call.
I would be very risk adverse coming off a knee injury.

Having Muzz right to go from next season is far more important than this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury Murray ACL (last year... cleared of major damage this year)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back