Brett Collins: His progress?

Remove this Banner Ad

buffalopride

Team Captain
Mar 6, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Hey boys played with Brett at mentone for years and was wondering if anyone knows his progress and how he is developing as a rookie? cheers

Re: Brett Collins

Hey boys played with Brett at mentone for years and was wondering if anyone knows his progress and how he is developing as a rookie? cheers

He has been playing some good footy, and has been the top performing rookie. But with the ruck stocks thin I think the next senior list will be brought on through injury not by performance.

Unfortunatly he plays a common role in the club and probably is sititng behind McGlynn at the moment for his chance to play.

He has been playing some good footy, and has been the top performing rookie. But with the ruck stocks thin I think the next senior list will be brought on through injury not by performance.

Unfortunatly he plays a common role in the club and probably is sititng behind McGlynn at the moment for his chance to play.

next year prospect? or a game this year?(luck on side)

HE will be retained on the list next season and definatly has a chance to be played this year but it would all depend on injury. If one more ruck goes down, McEntee will be senior listed for depth reasons.

cheers mate, hope he gets a game.

HE will be retained on the list next season and definatly has a chance to be played this year but it would all depend on injury. If one more ruck goes down, McEntee will be senior listed for depth reasons.

??? Roughie? Your talking about Luke McEntee, this poster asking about Brett Collins who is a half forward.

BC injured again, when he is on the park good looking type of footballer.

??? Roughie? Your talking about Luke McEntee, this poster asking about Brett Collins who is a half forward.

BC injured again, when he is on the park good looking type of footballer.

I was more talking like Collo is looking like he will get senior listed but if a ruck goes down McEntee would be infront of him to get senior listed because of our depth at ruck.

Spoke to a mate who played with Collins at St Bedes where he was drafted from and he said he had hear Collins was having further surgery on his foot possibly next week. Can anyone confirm. Would be a major blow for a promising young kid. Where would this leave him in the eyes of the club

Spoke to a mate who played with Collins at St Bedes where he was drafted from and he said he had hear Collins was having further surgery on his foot possibly next week. Can anyone confirm. Would be a major blow for a promising young kid. Where would this leave him in the eyes of the club

My understanding is that this is correct, and he will miss the rest of this season as a result.

I sincerely hope my mail is wrong.

Looking like he'll get senior listed? Collins hasn't even cracked a game for the Box Hill seniors yet.

He started playing five weeks ago after the early operation. Those that have watched him at Box Hill tell you that he played half games to easy in and that his foot was not right after the first game. Interesting though reading earlier posts in his first game he kicked 3 goals and had 17 possessions in a half of footy without any preseason match practice and limited preparation. The stars like Nathan Brown (Rich) and Hamill (Saints)in recent weeks have come in through the VFA twos and played up forward as well, their stats were no where near as impressive. The kid can play its just a pity that he hasn't be fit.

yes i heard to that he will have surgery on his foot again... where would this leave him in regards to next season?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The kid has so much natural talent its not funny, its just how matter of how his body holds up and more importantly if he wants to take the step.

yes i heard to that he will have surgery on his foot again... where would this leave him in regards to next season?

As I understand it Rookies get a 2 year contract so should be fine.

Having said that the AFL is concerned about the amount of Rookies fired after 1 year.

Personally I dont think he has any problem. Very sensible young man to talk to, you can really see why they picked him as our first rookie last year.

As I understand it Rookies get a 2 year contract so should be fine.

Having said that the AFL is concerned about the amount of Rookies fired after 1 year.

Personally I dont think he has any problem. Very sensible young man to talk to, you can really see why they picked him as our first rookie last year.

Well if thats the case he should be right.
I thought rookies only get one year though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Brett Collins: His progress?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back