Analysis Brett Deledio’s trade from Richmond to GWS Giants explained, including Simon Katich influence

Remove this Banner Ad

Nailed it.
No he didn't. At the end of the day the only reason we got such a good pick was because we payed some of his salary. I'm taking a first rounder and having to pay maybe 100k next year over a second rounder off the cats.

I hope we face GWS in an elimination final at the G where we win. I don't wish him any bad but I do hope we have big success in front of him.
I hope that the future first rounder kicks a goal from the centre of the ground with seconds remaining to win us the 2018 flag against GWS. Lids is the closest player to the ball and desperately dives to touch the ball but misses by millimetres.

There is still nothing verified that we are indeed paying some of his wage other than what was being supposed in the media. So if we are to believe them, then it makes no sense in saying he has agreed to get less for success, if we making up the shortfall, as he actually wouldn't be doing so. Imo I don't think we are.

Obvioustrollisobvious.jpg

No he is not a troll. His post is reality. I loved lids too but we dont need another hf flanker, that is what lids is now and has been for 2 years due to his body.

To get a 1st and 3rd is fantastic lol. Also i guess you missed the part "reported" about us paying

No he is not a troll. His post is reality. I loved lids too but we dont need another hf flanker, that is what lids is now and has been for 2 years due to his body.

To get a 1st and 3rd is fantastic lol. Also i guess you missed the part "reported" about us paying
It's in the OP link and I think it's accurate. With their cap worries and quality there was no way GWS were going to match RFC's payments.

LOL..ROFL...etc etc... Yeah, Ive always thought that using LOL, etc. was just a lazy way of insulting others.

People post that certain players with injuries shouldn't be on the list while others with injuries should. I respectfully question the PR we've been fed, you accept it. OK...each to their own.

Last edited:
There is still nothing verified that we are indeed paying some of his wage other than what was being supposed in the media. So if we are to believe them, then it makes no sense in saying he has agreed to get less for success, if we making up the shortfall, as he actually wouldn't be doing so. Imo I don't think we are.
True, Flea.
Nothing is confirmed but I'll be more than surprised if either GWS are paying top dollar for Lids, or he took a haircut.

Last edited:
True, Flea.
Nothing is confirmed but I'll be more than surprised if either GWS are paying top dollar for Lids or he took a haircut.
Sure I was just saying that it has been stated he is getting less, which more than likely means we aren't paying him money, as the 2 ideas compete against each other. Anyway, these things tend to get out, so we can find out in future I guess. The funny thing is, when this has happened, it has been at the forefront of the trade news, while this has really been very minor.

Sure I was just saying that it has been stated he is getting less, which more than likely means we aren't paying him money, as the 2 ideas compete against each other. Anyway, these things tend to get out, so we can find out in future I guess. The funny thing is, when this has happened, it has been at the forefront of the trade news, while this has really been very minor.
Not that I should care, but anyone that moves from Melbourne to Sydney for less money needs their head read. Sydney's cost of living is crazy. And if you want to live somewhere decent, just double Melbourne's property prices.

Not that I should care, but anyone that moves from Melbourne to Sydney for less money needs their head read. Sydney's cost of living is crazy. And if you want to live somewhere decent, just double Melbourne's property prices.
That's a good point and not something I thought of. They really musta sold the idea well.

Lids took a haircut to go to GWS but we are paying rumoured $200k next season of Bretts contract.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's in the OP link and I think it's accurate. With their cap worries and quality there was no way GWS were going to match RFC's payments.

LOL..ROFL...etc etc... Yeah, Ive always thought that using LOL, etc. was just a lazy way of insulting others.

People post that certain players with injuries shouldn't be on the list while others with injuries should. I respectfully question the PR we've been fed, you accept it. OK...each to their own.

Its the first time i read that lol was actually insulting, each to there own i guess. To me, doing the troll gif is actually insulting to someone but hey, i bow to your internet kung fu.

Back on topic. Lids has cancelled his contract with us and signed a 500 a year 3 year deal with gws. Thats not huge dollars.

Its funny. You accuse me of accepting the clubs PR spin ( you clearly have no ****ing idea what i think btw) yet the club has not spoken once about lids contract. Pretty hard to buy into the clubs spin on lids contact when they have not offered any.

Pretty simple though to buy into "reported" stories and then bleat about it as fact.

Win/win trade for both clubs.
Wish Lids all the best.
Gave us a lot for someone who grew up as a Carlton supporter.
on the main board there is a thread of people saying funny experiences of meeting footballers.

''Tigers were playing a game against our team in the pre season when I was 16, they were walking across from our school and one of my female friends yelled go Carlton and Brett Deledio told her to **** off''

on the main board there is a thread of people saying funny experiences of meeting footballers.

''Tigers were playing a game against our team in the pre season when I was 16, they were walking across from our school and one of my female friends yelled go Carlton and Brett Deledio told her to **** off''

I have seen rival club players and particularly ex-stars be brutal when discussing the Tigers.
I can tell you from experience as I had a mate involved at North and spent a lot of time mingling with players and later played cricket with a few going back a few years ..... they were scathing of us and would openly say they had no respect for us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis Brett Deledio’s trade from Richmond to GWS Giants explained, including Simon Katich influence

Remove this Banner Ad

Back