Analysis Brett Deledio’s trade from Richmond to GWS Giants explained, including Simon Katich influence

Remove this Banner Ad

Lids was getting on and his body was starting to fail him. From previous reports he had an injury that required management all year. Under the circumstances we have done quite well out of this deal.

Saints have done better since they offloaded an aging Goddard and Dal Santo etc.

If we hadn't overpaid to get Prestia the trade period would have been even better.

Lids was getting on and his body was starting to fail him. From previous reports he had an injury that required management all year. Under the circumstances we have done quite well out of this deal.

Saints have done better since they offloaded an aging Goddard and Dal Santo etc.

If we hadn't overpaid to get Prestia the trade period would have been even better.

That's working for you isn't it , how are the aints travelling since they got rid of the two aging players

Well anyone with brains would realise we should've only paid part of his contract for next year as that's his last contracted year with us. However this is Richmond we're talking about. Check it out we're paying for his next 3 years. Baffling how stupid decicions are constantly made at punt rd. Oh well I'm sure deledio will be elite at gws on our money and meatball prestia and cotchin will be above serviceable on millionaires money. We'll prob finish 9th on the back of a soft draw not on softwicks coaching. Then lose dusty for pick 11 compensation. If we were smart we'd tank get pick 1 or 2 have will Brodie get fyfe and if dusty leaves get pick 2 or 3 as compo. Ah well the future of tigers is short term all about covering gale and Peggy bundies azzes.
That is still unverified, so lets not assume this to be true just yet.

I'm no internet nerd who can add links or whatever but AFL wesite Oct 26 Comment: The trade periods hidden agenda is one article. I've read it several places heard it on radio a few times and a book at my footy club played a few years at tigers recently and has all my info sorted
I heard rat face state the cats and then the giants cant afford lids, so we would have to pay some of his wage. I have not heard one other person state this same idea. Then from after the trade period not 1 mention of it as well, in the write ups.

Yep,Just like when Buddy retires next year and the Swans face the prospect of including a retired player in their cap for the duration of his contract.;):D
Good point. Buddy may do the right thing & retire so the swans don't have to pay or, clauses have to be written into contracts giving clubs more OUT opportunities.
In general I like the fact the lids & Yarran have been moved out of the club environment. Much better for all remaining parties. And I hope it leaves us with enough salary cap space to resign Dusty & get Fyfe nexy year.

Good point. Buddy may do the right thing & retire so the swans don't have to pay or, clauses have to be written into contracts giving clubs more OUT opportunities.
In general I like the fact the lids & Yarran have been moved out of the club environment. Much better for all remaining parties. And I hope it leaves us with enough salary cap space to resign Dusty & get Fyfe nexy year.
I thought Fyfe had a photo of Lids on his bedroom wall?:p

An analogy for this trade is when you've had a car for about 10 years and while you haven't ran it into the ground, it's starting to need more servicing, that light you don't know what it means keeps coming on, so you sell it to someone that knows full well what they're buying as it's only going to be their second car for the wife.

Tall forwards Connor Ballenden, Nathan Richards and Jarrod Brander, midfielders Lochie O'Brien, Jack Higgins, Charlie Spargo, Jack Powell and half-back Hunter Clark are among the early standouts for next year's draft.

Victorian half-forward/midfielder Joel Garner has also impressed and won the Cameron Ling Medal for the Academy's best player on its New Zealand tour, while the electric pace and smarts of Jayden Stephenson has taken the eye of scouts.

Afl.com

An analogy for this trade is when you've had a car for about 10 years and while you haven't ran it into the ground, it's starting to need more servicing, that light you don't know what it means keeps coming on, so you sell it to someone that knows full well what they're buying as it's only going to be their second car for the wife.
we did well

lids is stuffed and geelong being shit will land us a top 10 pick

Lids might win 3 flags

However we did well

Two first rounder in maybe a super draft , good one talls

Might find another rance and jack set up the club next ten years

Please don't stuff it up tigers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lids might win 3 flags

However we did well

Two first rounder in maybe a super draft , good one talls

Might find another rance and jack set up the club next ten years

Please don't stuff it up tigers
we're trading em for fyfe

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis Brett Deledio’s trade from Richmond to GWS Giants explained, including Simon Katich influence

Remove this Banner Ad

Back