Brett Kirk, you star!

Remove this Banner Ad

Was waiting for this thread!!

Love Kirky, love him!!

Absolute GUN. works his ass off, top 3 captains in the comp, easily.

that is a leader kids, take a look.

Yep, he was the difference tonight......again. He is without a doubt one of the best crunch time players the game has ever seen.

Never thought I would see a better leader than Paul Kelly at the club, but he is the ultimate leader and was phenomenal in the second half.
Playing in the wet is when the superstars shine and he proved that he is in the elite of the competition.

Paul Kelly was an absolute champion but I honestly believe Brett Kirk has been better value to our team than any player I have seen.

GUN GUN GUN!

Everywhere I looked tonight, he was there. Circling packs, under them, bursting out of them with clearances. Didn't do wrong today. Best captain in the competition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The other thing which is great about Kirk is that he is the type of player who could go on to 36 or 37. Normal things which force a player to retire loke a loss of pace wont affect Kirk as he never had any pace to lose. As long as he maintains the passion for the game then Kirk could go on another 5 years.

Stay tuned.....08... AA ....Captain!:thumbsu:

(from the bench!?:D)

He was lucky to make the 40 man squad and if he makes the final cut it will be a joke. He is a very determined player and is very courageous, but I think there are other in-and-under players that are better (e.g. Sam Mitchell, Daniel Cross, Bartel). In addition he is a horrible kick, yet never seems to be criticised for it. Watson, on the other hand, is a similar style player (I am not saying he is better than Kirk, just that they are similar style players) and gets routinely bashed for his poor kicking.

He was lucky to make the 40 man squad and if he makes the final cut it will be a joke. He is a very determined player and is very courageous, but I think there are other in-and-under players that are better (e.g. Sam Mitchell, Daniel Cross, Bartel). In addition he is a horrible kick, yet never seems to be criticised for it. Watson, on the other hand, is a similar style player (I am not saying he is better than Kirk, just that they are similar style players) and gets routinely bashed for his poor kicking.

Kirk has a poor kicking 'style' but overall his foot skills are not bad. He is also a tagging in and under player, and regularly gets 20-25 touches whilst keeping an opposition player quiet.

He is not really the same type of players you've given examples for.

He was not lucky. He singlehandedly held the Swans midfield together for the first two thirds of the season, before Jude Bolton found some form and Amon started working harder.

He is going to romp home for the Swans B&F (which will be the 6th time he's finished first or second in the last 6 years). Hard to argue that the best player in a team that will finish, at worst, 6th was lucky to make the squad.

He may not have the flair or class or speed of others but he finds a way to influence games like only the best in the game can.

Remove this Banner Ad

Brett Kirk, you star!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back