Brett Lee V Shaun Tait

Remove this Banner Ad

Tait would love to have Lee's career, I think that says it all. Breaking speed records isn't everything.

And I'm sure Lee would love to have McGrath's record. It doesn't matter though, because they've played for Australia and generally that is what everyone strives for.

So once you play for Australia your dreams end there? Your performances for Australia don't matter, as long as you got a game?

Yeah nah.

Where did I say the dream ends there. The steps are about getting there, there is only one Glenn McGrath as there is only one Brett Lee and Shaun Tait. They're completely different bowlers. When Tait is at his best he is quicker than Lee and in my opinion better as well. If you want to compare Lee to Tait in that one would prefer to have the others statistics rather than be their own bowler then you're kidding yourself.

you all have no ideas and are uneductaed, Jason Gillespie was consistently quicker than everyone mentioned over the course of his career, consistently 150+ with better control

you all have no ideas and are uneductaed, Jason Gillespie was consistently quicker than everyone mentioned over the course of his career, consistently 150+ with better control

Most people would have Dizzy in front of Binger, and comfortably in our top 10 quicks of all time, but I thought he generally bowled in the mid 140s?

No it wasn't. It was done by frames per second. You're kidding yourself if you think he was bowling 170kphs from the hand.

i have no doubt Thommo hit over 165 at his peak.

We have one day of bowling for the 160. One day, when he wasn't even at his peak, and they weren't using the same kind of cameras they use now which seem to inflate speeds. And it wasn't at high altitude where 95% of the speed records have been set. He won a bowling comp at over 150km and he hadn't done any training for 2 years!

i have no doubt Thommo hit over 165 at his peak.

We have one day of bowling for the 160. One day, when he wasn't even at his peak, and they weren't using the same kind of cameras they use now which seem to inflate speeds. And it wasn't at high altitude where 95% of the speed records have been set. He won a bowling comp at over 150km and he hadn't done any training for 2 years!

Well they don't use cameras now, they use speed guns at the matches. If they used the high speed cameras that they have at the games for the slow motion crap they do, they still be able to measure a bowler's true speed and be able to point out the real difference.

I have no doubt Thomson core strength and fitness would be greater than Tait's which would mean he would be able to maintain his pace in the high 150's through a spell, but breaking 170kph is like the 100m sprint being broken in 9.5 secs and this is in the 70's/80's. The fastest baseball pitch is 167ks.

if baseballs fastest pitch is only 167, i think seeing 162 in cricket would be almost impossible. you'd lose a little speed with the bowling action

Remove this Banner Ad

Brett Lee V Shaun Tait

Remove this Banner Ad

Back