T20 World Cup Game 48 Super Eight Australia v Afghanistan June 23 1000hrs @ Arnos Vale Stadium St Vincent

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

People lack opportunity all over the world, even Australia allow dodgy shit to happen, I’m on an Australian cruise line at the moment who pay there staff $700 a month lol, is that right? No.
Did you miss the part of my post where they don't even fulfill the requirements of having full ICC memberships while having said membership?

Yes, some people lack opportunity, especially when they're flat out denied opportunities because of what sex they were born.

Apart from all that you're right. Bad things happen all the time so we shouldn't call out any bad thing ever.

Not that I disagree with what is being discussed, but would this topic of conversation be happening if Australia won the game?

It seems like some people only have a problem, with Afghanistan playing international cricket when their team loses to them.

Not that I disagree with what is being discussed, but would this topic of conversation be happening if Australia won the game?
Wouldn't have needed to as much as some wouldn't have tried to claim that the Afghanistan team wouldn't be so happy with beating the team with the current stance on playing them. As if they're the ones who are so hard done by the Afghanistan Government refusing to allow the basic of human rights.

Last edited:

Wrong. The conversation may have started because we lost but the problem is there regardless.
I suspect the reality is that if Afghanistan was banned it would have little effect on the Taliban whereas the sporting boycott of the Springboks really hurt South Africa.

Australia has has preferred chasing in white ball cricket for a few years now, this isn’t suddenly a new tactic and it generally works very well for us.
Cmon mate. You don't bowl first on THAT pitch. Such a dumb decision that ultimately cost us the game.

Cmon mate. You don't bowl first on THAT pitch. Such a dumb decision that ultimately cost us the game.
Bad fielding cost the game. Agar let two through on the boundary rope that cost 6 runs in total, Wade missed stumping, Wade letting 4 byes past him. Field well and we are chasing 120-130.

It seems like some people only have a problem, with Afghanistan playing international cricket when their team loses to them.
I'm sure I've seen this subject discussed here previously. And we haven't lost to Afghanistan until now. So there goes your theory.

all I have seen you do is whinge the entire series - it's like you prefer to do that than kick the dog

it's disrespectful imho
No because I have seen it coming and have stated that our big fellas in the middle can struggle on low slow pitches which we saw today and could cost us big time .. and it has

I have seen enough of Mitch to know he is not suited for these wickets fingers crossed he comes good next game against India

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's completely not true.
The majority on here want to support and congratulate a relative minnow doing well on the world stage, but it's pretty tough to be supportive of this country in particular.

That's completely not true.
The majority on here want to support and congratulate a relative minnow doing well on the world stage, but it's pretty tough to be supportive of this country in particular.
Since entering this thread post game, the majority of the posting has centred around the status of women’s rights in Afghanistan, and whether the men’s side should be playing.
Also Afghanistan have not been a minnow side for a couple of years now. They’ve also been competitive; and since almost qualifying for the semis in WC23 they’ve turned themselves into contenders. Their red ball game needs more work, and that can only be done with more games played

Since entering this thread post game, the majority of the posting has centred around the status of women’s rights in Afghanistan, and whether the men’s side should be playing.
Also Afghanistan have not been a minnow side for a couple of years now. They’ve also been competitive; and since almost qualifying for the semis in WC23 they’ve turned themselves into contenders. Their red ball game needs more work, and that can only be done with more games played
Yeah I didn't recall anything about women's rights after Maxwell's innings last time we played them.

Should we withdraw from the tournament because the women's rights loving USA overturned Roe vs. Wade?

Yeah I didn't recall anything about women's rights after Maxwell's innings last time we played them.

Should we withdraw from the tournament because the women's rights loving USA overturned Roe vs. Wade?
Most of the early discussion in the GDT was about whether we should have boycotted. Something like 12 posts on the first page alone.

The USA has a Women's Cricket team and supports it. It plays games. Omen is another associate member that has a Women's team that plays.
Afghanistan is a full member that has stopped its women's team from playing.

And so far they've barely been slapped on the wrist. This is literally the lowest possible bar and this sport and a lot of it's supporters can't even pass that.

I can only imagine if this board had been around in the 1980's and some of the pearl clutching that some would have done over the apartheid ban. "But why punish the team?" "But why do you care? Something else that is bad is happening. Why don't we just ban everyone then!"

Remove this Banner Ad

T20 World Cup Game 48 Super Eight Australia v Afghanistan June 23 1000hrs @ Arnos Vale Stadium St Vincent

Back