Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 1

Assuming there were no obstacles, would you prefer the PB/Pylon guernsey to be our home colours?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i heard their pet members had the most thought-provoking feedback on the matter

Young Collingwood pet member Fido dropped a steaming turd in response, and was praised for making a far more intelligent and valuable contribution than anything that Eddie McGuire has ever said on the matter.

We've done some excellent work here, especially the guys spearheading the #bringbackthebars campaign.

First Kane, and now Koch bringing up our talking points. Kane with "just wear them", Koch demanding to be shown the agreement and denying it exists.

I'm quite happy with Koch's statement. It doesn't allow the AFL to simply wait us out, it puts the question to them, reminds them that they alone make the decision without even mentioning Collingwood.

We've done some excellent work here, especially the guys spearheading the #bringbackthebars campaign.

First Kane, and now Koch bringing up our talking points. Kane with "just wear them", Koch demanding to be shown the agreement and denying it exists.

I'm quite happy with Koch's statement. It doesn't allow the AFL to simply wait us out, it puts the question to them, reminds them that they alone make the decision without even mentioning Collingwood.
The last point is a good one and one that originated here too.

No more begging Collingwood.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Why can’t one of the sports shows get Gil on and ask him the hard questions

drill him with the questions until he gives an answer
They don't want their AFL media accreditation cancelled.

Am I mistaken or did Eddie just admit he signed that agreement knowing full well heritage round would be canned?
He also called the teal training jumper our jumper? Dickhead, that was informed by you being a difficult campaigner.
Glad the agreement was brought up though.

Am I mistaken or did Eddie just admit he signed that agreement knowing full well heritage round would be canned?
He also called the teal training jumper our jumper? Dickhead, that was informed by you being a difficult campaigner.
Koch said games of heritage significance (or something of the sort).

Could it be that it was never intended to be for heritage round but more for significant milestones (like the 150th).

Or did Koch just use that wording as we are trying to merge it from heritage round to Showdowns?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I suppose we should ask ourselves what our reaction would've been if the positions were reversed and we'd been in the national competition before Collingwood, or if Centrals or Woodville had come up from a suburban league where they wore some (different) form of black and white jumper design - would Big Bob have behaved the same way as McGuire is now, or just said "nice soccer shirts" and let them wear it in Johnny-come-lately Derby matches?

I suppose we should ask ourselves what our reaction would've been if the positions were reversed and we'd been in the national competition before Collingwood, or if Centrals or Woodville had come up from a suburban league where they wore some (different) form of black and white jumper design - would Big Bob have behaved the same way as McGuire is now, or just said "nice soccer shirts" and let them wear it in Johnny-come-lately Derby matches?
I'd expect us to protect our brand, and the governing body to ignore us and do what's best for the game.

I'm at indoor cricket.

Can someone give a serious summary of his points?

Will there be a link later?

He shouted over Kane for approx 7 minutes.
We sold out to teal, deal with it.
He knew heritage round was ending that’s why he signed the contract.
Let’s go to court.
Shut up Kane, let me talk.
You change guernseys every week.
You have no respect for Collingwood.

Thought he was going to have a stroke.

Agreement clearly entered into in bad faith, as disclosed by fat Eddie himself.

That’s gold. Eddie wouldn’t want this to go to court with this admission on record.

“but, but, I didn’t really mean it, your Honour.“

I wonder why the heritage round agreement was for only home games. Why would it matter if we wore it in Brisbane?

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

He shouted over Kane for approx 7 minutes.
We sold out to teal, deal with it.
Let’s go to court.
Shut up Kane, let me talk.
You change guernseys every week.
You have no respect for Collingwood.

Thought he was going to have a stroke.
That doesn’t sound like someone 100% convinced he has got his way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back