Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 1

Assuming there were no obstacles, would you prefer the PB/Pylon guernsey to be our home colours?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When it's not footy season and you're not absorbed in things it's easy to step back and see what a pissant, narrow minded, provincial competition the AFL really is, mostly run and participated in by dumb jocks with not much idea about anything.

This 'issue' is a great example.

They won't and don't. Our club doesn't give a consistent reason why our AFL predominantly black merchandise is absent of white.

FFS, go to the Port Store and there's HEAPS of Black and White gear. Especially that classic wool Prison Bar jumper that I received for Christmas!
And as far as that cap goes, between the logo and the name, there's at least as much white as teal, if not more.

FFS, go to the Port Store and there's HEAPS of Black and White gear. Especially that classic wool Prison Bar jumper that I received for Christmas!
And as far as that cap goes, between the logo and the name, there's at least as much white as teal, if not more.

No FFS, take a better look and be bloody balanced. Black and white Magpies gear yes, OR the PA gear which is predominantly black with a little white PA, both of which are not AFL merch. Absolute majority of the AFL merch that is predominantly black is absent of white accept in the logo. Stupid defence with the cap - the only white is in the bloody logo. It is farcical that the club remains kneeled.

Has anyone bought a "members" item other than a scarf since the hat came with our membership?

It's complete garbage. You pay basically the same for the stuff the players wear, which is about 100 times better quality.

That said, the main problem with the scarves is the same problem that the rest of the stuff has, which is too much teal.

Has anyone bought a "members" item other than a scarf since the hat came with our membership?

It's complete garbage. You pay basically the same for the stuff the players wear, which is about 100 times better quality.

That said, the main problem with the scarves is the same problem that the rest of the stuff has, which is too much teal.

Haven't brought it for 4 years , not buying shit unless it's magpies stuff or until hinkley is sacked

Yep too much teal for me.

Zero interest.

If it incorporated #BBTB I'd but it in a second.

I’ve read that Collingwood are reverting to a “predominantly “ white jumper for their home games this year. Not sure if this is the case,

But if so,..I’m assuming it’s their traditional white jumper - now surely this opens the door for Port to point out that the predominantly black prison bar jumper does not actually cause any confusion between Port’s and, Collingwood’s brand - of which is built around their traditional predominantly white jumper (that changed to predominantly black only after Port had joined the AFL too by the way). Anyway….who’s causing the confusion? It ain’t us.

What are the chances of the club giving Kokkinakis a prison bar polo shirt to wear during his matches?

Oh that's right, that would be against our overlord's instructions.
Maybe Tennis Australia has a heritage round?

1642293415577.png

• Hey why is he wearing that Jim.
  • To highlight the nepotism in Australia's largest sport Bob.

Last edited:
What are the chances of the club giving Kokkinakis a prison bar polo shirt to wear during his matches?

View attachment 1311511

Why is he wearing a Collingwood guernsey Jim?

Says absolutely no body.

View attachment 1311511

Travis Head needs a sticker for his bat too...

1642298928182.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why is he wearing a Collingwood guernsey Jim?

Says absolutely no body.
Ironically it is said all the time now as a ‘joke’.
All because of the Collingwood fear.

Trying to watch Hyacinth last night but all I could see in the background was pink prison bars

MV5BMjI1MTE2MTc5M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjQzNTQ2MjE@._V1_.jpg

Yep. They aren't fighting for us, we have no input/control. Infact, they are doing everything possible opposite to push their finger in our eyes.

Close to the fourth year now and the club's doing it's upmost to be all teal in marketing. If ever there was a big fu** you at fans this summer has seen it from our board.
Hopefully the fans send back an equal **** you by electing a board member who prioritises the bars over their obviously preferred candidate who has seemingly declined to reply

Does the club have much say over merch or is it AFL controlled? they'd push teal overload to the hilt.

It is very obvious that our official AFL in-stadium teamwear gets screened and there's been plenty of examples of it along with a few alluding statements from our store managers to CEOs to confirm this over the years. I reckon St Kilda gets their merch screened as well. The closest that both clubs get to have a decent proportion of white on predominantly black merch is in the logos or they have silver/grey substituting for the white. It is especially noticeable when Collingwood, Saints, and Port have had identical garment manufacturers.

Does the club have much say over merch or is it AFL controlled? they'd push teal overload to the hilt.
AFL CONTROLLED.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back