Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

554bf4cbfeb1606c1855ad18fc0ba55f.jpg

Now that I can get behind, the debate won't be had all season about bloody time.

Seems to release it at 7 in the morning on a Saturday though.

Yea an odd time to release - it’s not something o thought they would want to hide. Potentially the agreement signed for this as year yesterday at CEOs meeting.

The story said this year agreed still talking long term but there is good will from Collingwood. Port it’s not already signed long term as now Eddie will get back involved.

Great news!

Annoying that discussions about it beginning a permanent fixture are still 'ongoing' but promising that the new Collingwood regime are a bit more open minded than the last.

I think this will be the first time we wear them that isn't part of a heritage round/special occasion/AFL having an abysmal clash guernsey policy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I write to advise that we have worked productively with the Port Adelaide Football Club to enable them to wear the “Prison Bar” jumper in their upcoming Round Three home Showdown against the Adelaide Crows.

Since the formation of the Collingwood Football Club in 1892, we have worn black-and-white stripes. The Collingwood jumper is part of the fabric of our Club and is one of the most iconic in Australian Football.

When Port Adelaide entered the AFL in 1997, a binding agreement was signed between the Club and Collingwood, with Port giving up the black and white colours and the Magpie emblem as part of their entrance into the national competition.

While we own the stripes in the AFL competition, we acknowledge the history and origins of the Port Adelaide Football Club and their contribution to South Australian football over a long period of time.

As President of the Club Board and following ongoing discussions with Port Adelaide President David Koch, it is our view that we acknowledge the history of Port Adelaide prior to their entry into the AFL and support them to wear their ‘Prison Bar’ guernsey in their upcoming home Showdown against the Crows in Round Three.

We face Port Adelaide in Round Two at the MCG and we are urging all supporters to attend, along with encouraging all SA-based Collingwood Members and supporters to travel to Victoria for the match.

Our Club, together with Port Adelaide, will be putting on buses from Adelaide to Melbourne with details around travel options to be communicated in the coming days.

Regards,
Jeff Browne
President

So kind of them…..

Good news and common sense prevails. All Collingwood members just got this email.

Looking forward to a great game in rd 2 and good luck for the showdown. Hope this becomes ongoing soon on the same principle stated in the email.

Dear xxxx

I write to advise that we have worked productively with the Port Adelaide Football Club to enable them to wear the “Prison Bar” jumper in their upcoming Round Three home Showdown against the Adelaide Crows.

Since the formation of the Collingwood Football Club in 1892, we have worn black-and-white stripes. The Collingwood jumper is part of the fabric of our Club and is one of the most iconic in Australian Football.

When Port Adelaide entered the AFL in 1997, a binding agreement was signed between the Club and Collingwood, with Port giving up the black and white colours and the Magpie emblem as part of their entrance into the national competition.

While we own the stripes in the AFL competition, we acknowledge the history and origins of the Port Adelaide Football Club and their contribution to South Australian football over a long period of time.

As President of the Club Board and following ongoing discussions with Port Adelaide President David Koch, it is our view that we acknowledge the history of Port Adelaide prior to their entry into the AFL and support them to wear their ‘Prison Bar’ guernsey in their upcoming home Showdown against the Crows in Round Three.

We face Port Adelaide in Round Two at the MCG and we are urging all supporters to attend, along with encouraging all SA-based Collingwood Members and supporters to travel to Victoria for the match.

Our Club, together with Port Adelaide, will be putting on buses from Adelaide to Melbourne with details around travel options to be communicated in the coming days.

Regards,

Jeff Browne

President

Yea an odd time to release - it’s not something o thought they would want to hide. Potentially the agreement signed for this as year yesterday at CEOs meeting.

The story said this year agreed still talking long term but there is good will from Collingwood. Port it’s not already signed long term as now Eddie will get back involved.
I think the timing has to do with The Advertiser having an exclusive on this. Front page news, two page article and an (favourable) editorial.

It is great news and yet I can't help feeling flatter than I should knowing.

1. Collingwood are still 100% in control of our use of it and will take advantage of that.

2. We finally get to wear it in a Showdown but when we are playing terrible football.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back