Game Day Brisbane Lions v Collingwood, Round 5 2019, April 18, 7.35pm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno, I just feel like the hype is far too much. We're gonna get squished by the hype train.

I hope like mad I'm wrong, but after the last decade it's hard to be optimistic. There's just so much riding on this!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is anyone feeling supremely, stupidly confident about tonight?

I know that feeling could lead to absolute heartache if the boys serve up the same crap they did last week but, I have..... a feeling in me waters.

I do.

I missed last week's game due to a birthday party. Before I could intervene, it was too late.

I'll be watching tonight, we'll win don't worry. Hipwood to kick 5 in the first quarter and we'll crush them.

Last edited:
I dunno, I just feel like the hype is far too much. We're gonna get squished by the hype train.

I hope like mad I'm wrong, but after the last decade it's hard to be optimistic. There's just so much riding on this!!!!!!!!!!!!

*DOCTOR LION IN DA HOUSE*

KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ!!

There's no more riding on this than 4 points - DON'T THINK ABOUT THE OTHER STUFF IF IT MAKES YOU NERVOUS :D

AFTER we win, THEN you can think about all the other stuff.

All week I have been thinking along the lines of just make it tight and don't get blown away. But as we get closer to the game I am getting more confident we can spring a surprise on them.

We were very poor last week and will get blown away if we play like that again but I have a feeling a few players were thinking ahead to this game. If they can't rise to the occasion tonight in front of a sold out crowd against Collingwood then we still have problems.

The point has made previously but if you go over our performances at the Gabba in the last year we have been very competitive and don't get blown away so lets hope for more of the same and knock these bastards off and ruin the Magpies Easter weekend.

Cameron to kick 5 goals.

I definitely don't feel as bad going into this one as I did going into the Essendon game. Still not confident though. Nervous =S

The big difference for me is that last year I would hope we would be competitive and the young blokes would show some promise.

This year I hope we win.

Next year I hope we will thrash sides up at the GABBA.

We are on target for the flag. The only variable is time.

Looks like Collingwood are going to try to turn this into a ‘shoot out,’ coming into the game with a very attacking line up. This suits us, because for the first time in a long time I am expecting Dayne Zorko to get off the leash and have a blinder out of the middle.

Alternatively, if we want to add a bit of grunt and speed to our defence, we might also think about playing Zorko off the half back line, with the aim of increasing our speed and drive out of defence. Having him busting the lines up the middle would be great for us.

Today is fun - excited and keen for the game, sharing the excitement not only with you die hard fans but with other bandwagoneers (our hairdresser is going to watch her first game ever tonight on tv), meeting at a pub for a meal before and then a few days off to enjoy the win and be with the family.

Play well boys - id like this time slot every year.

I hope keeping Robertson in the team is the right decision, thought he was a certainty for the drop.

I am not a huge fan of Robertson as a footballer but Fagan isn't a fan of dropping people after 1 game, especially after not playing for 7 months.

I think he deserves a chance to answer critics after last week. A similar showing and i would suggest he might be in trouble, but even then, Fages might give him a third week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope keeping Robertson in the team is the right decision, thought he was a certainty for the drop.
Last time we played Collingwood Jordan de Goey kicked 4 goals 3 with Robertson on him for most of the game and Robertson also managed to give away 5 free kicks which was a game high and three more than the next Lions player. Collingwood scored two goals directly from these frees. Simply put, Robertson had a stinker and he would need to improve 100% on that effort tonight. I think he was lucky to hold his place after the Essendon game, but he’s been selected so we need to cheer him on. Fingers crossed.

Whilst I posted that the Pies have a structural advantage, which I believe they do on paper, their form hasn't been great.

Lost to the cats.

Beat Richmond who have proven to be on a decline (still a good win)

Lost to an undermanned WC at home.

Fell in against the Dogs who lost to GC the week before.

Don't get me wrong, they are a good team, but their form-line isn't very convincing.

I'm not at all confident about this one. Feel the same way about the Essendon game before it...

I hope I'm wrong.

What're you basing it on? Just a gut feel? I can't really rationally see why we would be off tonight for a whole bunch of reasons.

I think we're almost certainties to bring our best. It mightn't be good enough, but it'll be our best.

Looks like Collingwood are going to try to turn this into a ‘shoot out,’ coming into the game with a very attacking line up. This suits us, because for the first time in a long time I am expecting Dayne Zorko to get off the leash and have a blinder out of the middle.

Alternatively, if we want to add a bit of grunt and speed to our defence, we might also think about playing Zorko off the half back line, with the aim of increasing our speed and drive out of defence. Having him busting the lines up the middle would be great for us.

Zorko as a defender is nice out of the box thinking

Last time we played Collingwood Jordan de Goey kicked 4 goals 3 with Robertson on him for most of the game and Robertson also managed to give away 5 free kicks which was a game high and three more than the next Lions player. Collingwood scored two goals directly from these frees. Simply put, Robertson had a stinker and he would need to improve 100% on that effort tonight. I think he was lucky to hold his place after the Essendon game, but he’s been selected so we need to cheer him on. Fingers crossed.

Reminds me a little of the 2002? 2003? GF, when we chucked Luke Power on Leon Davis - mostly to keep Davis quiet, as opposed to provide backline run, but Power's disposal was always pretty reliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back