Game Day Brisbane Lions v Collingwood, Round 5 2019, April 18, 7.35pm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I shudder at the thought of being caught in easter traffic and missing a single moment of the game. Should be clear by 6.30ish but just in case we are aiming to get to a pub in the area at 5.30. The sacrifices we make for our team.
I luckily live around Enoggera so I’m only 10 minutes for a drive in to King George Square and then Uber it or find what bus I need to catch from there!

Public transport is my enemy though, makes no sense to me as I’ve never had to catch it frequently, always go with someone that does :D.

I take back what I said. My headache has returned after being at work for an hour.

Please let us win.

As one of your LION DOCTORS, I suggest you go home and rest kez!

LION DOCTORS ARE THE BEST DOCTORS.

I luckily live around Enoggera so I’m only 10 minutes for a drive in to King George Square and then Uber it or find what bus I need to catch from there!

Public transport is my enemy though, makes no sense to me as I’ve never had to catch it frequently, always go with someone that does :D.

Train into Central. Bus to Gabba.

When I last lived in Brisbane, I was in Alderley and that's how I did it - the bus to the Gabba on game day left from right outside Central station - it was cake, just followed anyone in a Lions jumper :)

As one of your LION DOCTORS, I suggest you go home and rest kez!

LION DOCTORS ARE THE BEST DOCTORS.
I have an appointment with the Doc this avo before the game. Can I come and see you Sos?

I have an appointment with the Doc this avo before the game. Can I come and see you Sos?

Yes. My office is always open - except when the game is on :p

Sausages - love your work. You are the Mitch of lions bigfooty.

Well - a little humour is always good I reckon. Can go too far with doom and gloom and all the reasons (often valid though) of why we might lose. I prefer to RAWR, not meow :p

Train into Central. Bus to Gabba.

When I last lived in Brisbane, I was in Alderley and that's how I did it - the bus to the Gabba on game day left from right outside Central station - it was cake, just followed anyone in a Lions jumper :)
Did you catch the train from Enoggera station? I’ve dropped people off there before and caught it once! :p

Did you catch the train from Enoggera station? I’ve dropped people off there before and caught it once! :p

From Alderley, yep - every inbound train from Enoggera/Alderley goes through Central, so just get on the first one going the right direction :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And there'll be heaps of people doing that RU - impossible to get lost. Ask any Qld Rail staff where the bus to the Gabba is leaving from if you need to, but I doubt you will - just follow the LIONS (be wary about following Pies, lest you be led astray :D)

Using a 3pm finish meeting to take off home early, change, pick up the boy, head in to my friend's place at East Brisbane and then march on the Gabba and repel the Black and White wave!

Also been saving this one for this round, showing my respect and affection for our Black and White footy siblings.

tumblr_makvnvlnxt1rpga6zo1_500.jpg

Using a 3pm finish meeting to take off home early, change, pick up the boy, head in to my friend's place at East Brisbane and then march on the Gabba and repel the Black and White wave!

Also been saving this one for this round, showing my respect and affection for our Black and White footy siblings.

tumblr_makvnvlnxt1rpga6zo1_500.jpg

Solid work Dave!

Sing that song loud and proud, you have the voice of an (avenging) angel :D

And there'll be heaps of people doing that RU - impossible to get lost. Ask any Qld Rail staff where the bus to the Gabba is leaving from if you need to, but I doubt you will - just follow the LIONS (be wary about following Pies, lest you be led astray :D)

Also RU_ there are also heaps of regular buses that go via the gabba on the busway - I usually just go to the Cultural Centre bus stop and jump on one with Lions fans on it.

But you should be able to take the train from Enoggera to South Bank Station and then just walk to South Bank busway (about a minutes walk away) and jump on a bus.

Seems to be about 40 seats still available in Section 57, all restricted view seating though.

Other than that, Ticketmaster shows grey everywhere else. I'm presuming grey = sold out.

The bus lines are going to be a nightmare after the game.

Only if we lose Elixuh!!

Otherwise it will be a seething mass of happy, sweaty LIONS in transports of delight :p

IT'S OFFICIALLY SOLD OUT!!!!!! :D

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back