Game Day Brisbane Lions v Collingwood, Round 5 2019, April 18, 7.35pm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be a lot more excited if I thought we were the slightest chance of winning.

If we do win though the lid will be off.

I got ya back jackess - I appreciate balance in all things, as you may know.

I shall carry the hope for both of us.

CUZ THAT'S WHAT LIONS DO :D

Only if we lose Elixuh!!

Otherwise it will be a seething mass of happy, sweaty LIONS in transports of delight :p

You just described my nightmare.

I'd be a lot more excited if I thought we were the slightest chance of winning.

If we do win though the lid will be off.
I do think we are a chance, but I think it's important to be realistic with that.

We have to bring a best footy, simple as that. We can't be scratchy and we can't have patches of the game where we drift, as the Pies are good enough to win the game in a single off patch. As good as the pies are, they have at least shown they are vulnerable but there is no doubt we start as outsiders.

Is anyone feeling supremely, stupidly confident about tonight?

I know that feeling could lead to absolute heartache if the boys serve up the same crap they did last week but, I have..... a feeling in me waters.

I'm far more confident about this week than last week.

FAR MORE :D

I do think we are a chance, but I think it's important to be realistic with that.

We have to bring a best footy, simple as that. We can't be scratchy and we can't have patches of the game where we drift, as the Pies are good enough to win the game in a single off patch. As good as the pies are, they have at least shown they are vulnerable but there is no doubt we start as outsiders.

Collingwood were bloody rubbish last week.

Need our second string midfielders to step up. Hopefully Zorko can have a big game.

Need our second string midfielders to step up. Hopefully Zorko can have a big game.
Absolutely, can't all be left to Neale (and McCluggage has been very good in patches) - need big games from Lyons, Mathieson etc tonight

Yeah, they were - if Bont had one or two others along with him, the Dogs would have won that game. The Pies are very beatable, if we play well.

I'm much more nervous than excited. We've had a few weeks of being relevant again and I don't want to go back.

A big loss tonight will shape a lot of external opinions about us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Am going to the game, cant wait. Be the third for the year....super nervous of the result as been burnt too many times before with false dawns. Hoping the boys get stuck right into them with unsociable football when necessary as well as much scintillating attack on/with the ball. time for mcstay to remember round 1 and ensure that both moore and howe dont get near marking it

west coast -fluke
north - a peer
port - lids off (not finals but still off)
bombers (another false dawn?....lid back on)
win against pies -lid off finals bound!!!

tumblr_makvnvlnxt1rpga6zo1_500.jpg
Mistake. Not a Collingwood Zebra (has all its teeth).

This is probably the biggest game this club has had in the last decade.

Hype is absolutely real. People who haven't gone since the grand final years are going tonight.

We win and we've won the heart of the city back.

No pressure boys.

I was listening to SEN this morning and Bob Murphy did a build up to the round.. then he left our game for last and said.. "now this, this is a huge game, this is the game of the round etc.. if Brisbane win this then look out".. there is a real hype for this game that is totally foreign to us as Lions fans over the last 10 years.

The whole of Australia are either Pies fans or Lions fans tonight, I hope the players aren't feeling as nervous as I am.

I just hope the Boys make us proud with the whole country watching, win lose or draw, I just hope we don't drop our bundle.

This is.. by far the biggest game we have played in recent times, Sold out, Ladder position, Collingwood, Beams.. it's all too much, I just want Goldcoast at Metricon on a quiet Sunday arvo hahaha

This is probably the biggest game this club has had in the last decade.

Hype is absolutely real. People who haven't gone since the grand final years are going tonight.

We win and we've won the heart of the city back.

No pressure boys.

Or at least just be competitive. A game like last week is going to turn people right off it again. A game like last year against Collingwood and I think we will have still gained respect (considering they were grand finalists last year after all).

Is anyone feeling supremely, stupidly confident about tonight?

I know that feeling could lead to absolute heartache if the boys serve up the same crap they did last week but, I have..... a feeling in me waters.

Every year and every game I have hope and confidence. If it's a home game its the 4 hour round trip to the Gabba if it's an away game it's the big screen theatre I build in my tractor shed. Every time the boys run on the field I feel like we can win. This year I'm even more confident, I feel we will win. Call be one eyed or what ever, but I've never had a lid on the Lions and especially this season, I get the same feeling going to the games as I did in the premiership years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back