Preview Brisbane Lions v Melbourne Demons - Friday, 28 June 2024, 7:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unless any of you posters/ or posers are inside, club Will decide, excuse the pun, on side makeup!
Been so many over exaggeration’s and personal opinions on dropping players and the coach, let’s respect what inside knows, rather than posting social assumptions!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'll have some of whatever this guy is on

Unless any of you posters/ or posers are inside, club Will decide, excuse the pun, on side makeup!
Been so many over exaggeration’s and personal opinions on dropping players and the coach, let’s respect what inside knows, rather than posting social assumptions!

I assume he either will or wont play, no inside knowledge, just my personal opinion.

You're disregarding the Lions boards status as a repository of footballing wisdom. Somewhere amongst the social assumptions is the answer to this vexed question. It's what keeps bringing us back.

The numbers do lie if they're wrong. McKenna had 2 tackles against Western Bulldogs 3 weeks ago and 1 against the Hawks. That's 3 in 4 games, I haven't checked any further. For context, Starcevich didn't play against Hawks and has 2 tackles in 3 games.
While nobody would argue that McKenna has been in flying form this year, we need to look forward to what our best team would look like in the final few weeks of the season (hopefully finals) and how we achieve that.
For me, McKenna has been improving week on week. He has not shown a lack of effort, that would trigger a 'message' spell in the 2s. And I don't think he will get as much ball on the half back flank in the 2s to replicate what he's trying to do in the first team. So I don't see any upside to dropping him.

Bringing in Will, will almost certainly mean that Clug (and probably Berry) plays more wing minutes. Maybe Bailey less time on the ball too, but that's less of a tweak. I think we'll see Bruce as the sub.
Sorry I missed the 2 against the Bulldogs so a total of 3 tackles in 4 games from a defender. Still not good enough and still behind Reville and Lohmann. Not to mention the 13 Clangers from 43 disposals bolstered by a 20 in the Port romp.I believe Reville is now a best 22 lock in front of Mckenna.

On SM-A525F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sorry I missed the 2 against the Bulldogs so a total of 3 tackles in 4 games from a defender. Still not good enough and still behind Reville and Lohmann. Not to mention the 13 Clangers from 43 disposals bolstered by a 20 in the Port romp.I believe Reville is now a best 22 lock in front of Mckenna.

On SM-A525F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Defenders don't tackle much. Tend to average 1 or 2.

Not a measure of performance

1719373444841.png

Defenders don't tackle much. Tend to average 1 or 2.

Not a measure of performance
It feels like they should but its very true that it doesnt seem to be a major factor for them. Inside mids and then small forwards seem the ones that need to be racking up the tackle numbers the most

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tom Delonge Wtf GIF

We kindly invite wonderful danster168 to the lions board this week and this is what we get instead for an opposition poster. I am disappointed and my day is ruined.

We kindly invite wonderful danster168 to the lions board this week and this is what we get instead for an opposition poster. I am disappointed and my day is ruined.

I was hoping that danster168 would provide some insight in this thread on some of the topics I have raised in my preview. He promised me that he would. Danny, the preview thread disappears on gameday and is replaced with the 'gameday' thread so the clock is ticking.

I suspect the club will decide, on that you are correct.

monty python GIF

So you’re saying he’s playing inside mid whilst wearing makeup?

I had as struggle last week at AO, so it was great to enjoy that win, but for some reason I feel nervous for this one. Teams often come out hard when there's media pressure, and our Gabba fortress has been showing some weaknesses this year. I'm hoping that our current form and confidence continues and our high scoring continues to form part of our game plan. Morris to kick another 3 I reckon.

I was hoping that danster168 would provide some insight in this thread on some of the topics I have raised in my preview. He promised me that he would. Danny, the preview thread disappears on gameday and is replaced with the 'gameday' thread so the clock is ticking.

Ill cover for him:

Rayner is shit.

The end.

But, but…you mean the club doesn’t use the content of a football discussion site to prepare for matches.😳

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back