Review Round 16, 2024 - Brisbane Lions vs. Melbourne

Who were your five best players against Melbourne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

My Kayo subscription through Alinta expired so I was watching on FTA today. I think the only thing I've watched on FTA in the last half decade or so has been State of Origin.

The youngest: "Why are you watching all these ads, Dad?"

It's hard to be upset. 5th feels good. But jeez our goal kicking needs to improve.

Also felt 2nd to the ball all night. Centre clearances will keep me up tonight.

Nah we'll put it together, get it back to even more or less, and then either fall across the line or have a heartbreaking loss. It's our specialty. :D
I'm going to thank ZoBlitz for reminding me of my call when we were four goals down - sometimes you just nail it!

Melbourne probably played their best game of the year tonight as a team and were really set for this game, and we managed to get the win. I think this is a massive tick for us.

Still got room for improvement but we are definitely in the hunt for a top 4 spot now I think.
Essendon or Collingwood losing puts us a game out of the 4. Goes without saying, we just have to keep winning.

Dunkley, McCluggage, Neale, Lester, Starcevich.

Lester and Starcevich might not get the accolades of the midfielders who lifted in the last half, but they were awesome, particularly Lester in the last quarter. Very honourable mentions to Lohmann, Reville, Zorko, Berry and McInerney.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Far out, no idea what to take out of that game. Never been disappointed with a win but we seriously stole that but that is only my opinion.
Nah, we were better for more of the game. Melbourne owned the second quarter. We just kicked badly and botched a couple of shoulda been goals. We were the better side for more of the game.

Nah, we were better for more of the game. Melbourne owned the second quarter. We just kicked badly and botched a couple of shoulda been goals. We were the better side for more of the game.
If we kicked just the easy goals it could easily have been six goal win or more with very little stress involved.

we kicked badly, but Harrison Petty kicking 0.4 was good to watch - missed every crucial goal.

Almost like you shouldn’t just swing middling defenders forward and hope that they fix the forward line issues you’ve had as a club for 5 years

Almost like you shouldn’t just swing middling defenders forward and hope that they fix the forward line issues you’ve had as a club for 5 years
goes searching for people recommending Harris Andrews plays as a KPF

Misses as badly as his hairline, how does he look 40 already the poor bloke.
Look, I want to like this because it's funny, but on the other hand I'm over 40 now and I don't look as old as Petty.

Jeez that was a tough watch. The overall skill level of the game was poor, and in particular we were pretty bad. But these things happen in high pressure matches, and to grind out a win like that is a huge credit to the boys. Easy to be upset despite the win, but just think, you put us in that half time situation 10 weeks ago, and we fold like a deck of cards. Put us in that final quarter after missing some of those easy shots, the heads drop, and we concede a couple of quick ones and the game is dusted. But not tonight. Not every win is going to be an 80 point demolition where our goalkicking is on point. Winning ugly is the mark of a quality side, and make no mistake, we are a quality side. Top 4 here we come.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go find my cat, because he's still hiding after how loud i yelled when Hugh kicked that goal :grin:

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 16, 2024 - Brisbane Lions vs. Melbourne

Back