Brisbane: Not in too bad shape.

Remove this Banner Ad

It always interests me seeing what opposition supporters come up with to explain club events and operations like wins, drafting and trades etc when they don't really know much about the Lions or watch their matches.
you'll enjoy your time on BigFooty then

i agree to an extent buts whats the point of making the finals if your going to waste a spot like essendon have recently

getting destroyed by adelaide and especially carlton isnt worth it and still think it will do more harm than good
um, because the players get to experience first hand the step up and exactly how far they need to improve to be contenders?

It's so obvious I can't understand how you can miss it, honestly. An education on a silver platter about how much better you need to be. How can that be a bad thing? It's laughable to think it possibly could be. North supporters have traditionally made this argument: apparently it's better to NOT make the finals, that makes you closer to a flag. lol.

The year after the Adelaide game was a complete write-off because the club was in turmoil, and it was obviously an abberation as shown by the results last year. How much harm, exactly, do you contend playing in finals last year has done Essendon this year? As opposed to, say, North who once again didn't play finals last year? Hmm?

Please do tell. I'm very interested in your contention about the damage last years finals loss has done to Essendon.

Yeah...I can remember your shitcanning (nice word that) of Golby and Beams when they were rookied...interesting to note that Rockliff himself came within a hair's breadth of being on a rookie list a year earlier.

Maybe that particular piece of your philosophy as set out above needs revisiting.:)
To be fair to me, Beams is still a terrible kick of the ball. Golby's been all good this year.
I did can Beams, and I've not seen much to change my mind on that. Still got time I guess.
I don't remember saying much about Golby, ever?
Pretty sure you're referrig to a thread about Brissie's chances in 2011, where some numpty was trying to make out that every kid you took would do really well. And I'm pretty sure they listed about 10 names, and none of them did anything substantial that year, and half of them are delisted now. So I'm not sure I was all that far off the mark.
Even though Golby's been very impressive this year, gets a tick from me.

EDIT: Just found the thread. A bunch of Lions fans were trying to say all the kids will come in and do relaly well; and the mid-tier duds will stop being duds. I was saying, that even if the kids are good, they will probably take time.... context was Brisbane's 2011 chances. I'm pretty happy with what I posted - you still happy with the Buchanan trade?

um, because the players get to experience first hand the step up and exactly how far they need to improve to be contenders?

It's so obvious I can't understand how you can miss it, honestly. An education on a silver platter about how much better you need to be. How can that be a bad thing? It's laughable to think it possibly could be. North supporters have traditionally made this argument: apparently it's better to NOT make the finals, that makes you closer to a flag. lol.

The year after the Adelaide game was a complete write-off because the club was in turmoil, and it was obviously an abberation as shown by the results last year. How much harm, exactly, do you contend playing in finals last year has done Essendon this year? As opposed to, say, North who once again didn't play finals last year? Hmm?

Please do tell. I'm very interested in your contention about the damage last years finals loss has done to Essendon.

Borrat is right Lance. If you hadn't been thrashed by the Blues in last years finals you would be ahead of them on the ladder.

No wait...

You would be in the top 4.

Err...

You would have beaten a top 4 side.

No, um ...

You wouldn't have lost to Collingwood by a point.

Yeah. Definitely.

Good point, well presented.

Borrat is right Lance. If you hadn't been thrashed by the Blues in last years finals you would be ahead of them on the ladder.

No wait...

You would be in the top 4.

Err...

You would have been beaten a top 4 side.

No, um ...

You wouldn't have lost to Collingwood by a point.

Yeah. Definitely.
did lol :D

What did people make of their performance last night? They did match it with a battle hardened St Kilda and even dictated terms for a while.

Won't be making the eight, but could cause a few headaches.

Upcoming:

GC at Metricon, WC at Subiaco, Richmond at the Gabba, Carlton at Docklands.

Zorko is a gun. Have the makings of a great midfield with Rockliff and Redden and co.

I have the feeling they'll rise up the ladder very quickly, similar to West Coast

Pretty impressive. Experience(/lack of) counted in the end.

Yeah, pretty much sums up how I felt about it. Took it to them for 85 percent of the match, St Kilda just had a few more players who know how to win those sort of games and their experience and composure got it done in the end.

They was always going to be a benchmark game for us, and I'm glad we didn't get wiped off the map.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be top 6 imo, pending injuries and less than expected development
Maybe went a year or two early on that one in hindsight... Still think they will be a force and have one of the best young lists in the comp. Midfield looks to finally be finding some depth to compliment the top liners and McGuire and Patful have held up pretty well as key posts in the games I've seen. Hanley should be close to the AA squad right now. Going forward they just need one or two of Lisle/Retzlaf/Cornelius to stand up post Brown/Merret and they should have a pretty complete side.

Zorko is a gun. Have the makings of a great midfield with Rockliff and Redden and co.

I have the feeling they'll rise up the ladder very quickly, similar to West Coast

Zorko is the one for me that has really turned my opinion around a bit on the Lions. Being able to find a player like him, suddenly gives their midfield some quality depth.

Would certainly love him at Geelong ATM.

Would certainly love him at Geelong ATM.

Played for Broadbeach for four years, so its easy to see what he would have looked like in Geelong colours. :p

100606-QAFL-SH078A.jpg

Somewhat overshadowed by by North, Brisbane had a good win last night taking them to eight for the season. Probably their second best having beaten WC earlier on.They play Port away and host the Bulldogs at the Gabba in round 23 so they could well end up on 10 for the season.

Richmond have 9 right now and play Essendon and Port. Not inconceivable that the Lions could leap the Tigers in 2012.

Yeah it was a great win, and quite unexpected to be honest because we have some tired bodies and simply didn't have as much to play for as the Crows.

Better win than the West Coast game because we relied less on luck. We got the better of the Crows in most of the key areas.

Yeah it was a great win, and quite unexpected to be honest because we have some tired bodies and simply didn't have as much to play for as the Crows.

Better win than the West Coast game because we relied less on luck. We got the better of the Crows in most of the key areas.

apart from luey bb what other injuries have you had during the year?

They're going to be a force @ home once they get better,already beaten Adelaide and West Coast at the Gabba this year.

They're inconsistenty but I see them being the big movers along with Richmond in the near future.

Brisbane aren't a bad side but I last night was more a case of Adelaide playing poorly than Brisbane playing well. Both teams went out of their way to lose that game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Brisbane: Not in too bad shape.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back