Brisbane targeting a huge name key forward at end of 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Close, Freeman, McStay?

I actually really like those guys. Of course McStay plays key back and there's room to add the star forward regardless.

I can totally understand Brisbane not wanting to waste what is a pretty good midfield with a lot of players in their prime. But at the same time they should learn from their last big key forward signing.

Tippett would likely be a disaster. Sydney would love to dump him off if they got a haul that brought them some outside midfield or tall defensive talent.

Aish going home is a worry for the Lions. I see potential in Dangerfield flying out of the Crows, the Crows then landing Aish for a first rounder on a big deal to satisfy their own members and the Lions then having the ability to make a big trade.

That said Beams and Christensen had links to QLD. Which top line key forward does? And if Freo could never get one despite having a proven coach, relatively proven team and the currency to make it happen why can Brisbane?

Richmond having a middling 5-8 year and heavy finals loss, Jack Riewoldt and Hardwick breaking down and Jack saying it's me or the coach and the club sending him to Brisbane, well it could happen, but that's based on a lot of fiction and on beliefs about Riewoldt that I don't see as particularly valid (except for when he's having a moment of madness and running for trains).

Got some mail that Brisbane have a list of 3 key forwards they are chasing at the end of next season. Still have over 1 Mil of salary cap space to play with as well. I didn't get told who they are, only told all three are "Big names". I'm just guessing as to who they would be but possibly Jack Riewoldt or Travis Cloke would be in there. Probably worth that money too.
Contracted....

so Brisbane likely to throw a huge sum of money at him

Taylor Walker
Jake Carlisle
Tom Lynch

Nathan Vardy

The top 3 should be the ones they are offering the huge contracts to, Vardy risky (injuries) and should be offered just enough to pry him away as plan D

Jake Carlisle will be one of them.

Good luck trading for him, hehehehe.
His papers are already marked, he's off to Footscray.

I heard he was in the rooms with Bobby this year before a game, and before we ran out, he wandered over to Jason McCartney and said "Just get me here."

;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of the 3 from the GC could very well be on that list I would have thought

Tom Lynch (Suns version) pls Swny kthnxbye!

Lynchy ain't going anywhere. Next captain and is heart and soul of the club. Out of the other 2, I'd say Day is most gettable if he doesn't fire next season or if the new coach only plays 2 talls.
Can also see the Lions having a crack at Dixon as he is a QLDer and out of contract.

After Getting Beams and Christian how would they have Room in there Salary Cap?
Because we didn't pay Beams the ridiculous sums of money that your posters wanted to believe. We front loaded contracts this year to reach the 95% minimum. If you think about it paying Beams shouldn't blow the bank at all and if we pay a huge chunk of his wage next year, we are back in business :)

Because we didn't pay Beams the ridiculous sums of money that your posters wanted to believe. We front loaded contracts this year to reach the 95% minimum. If you think about it paying Beams shouldn't blow the bank at all and if we pay a huge chunk of his wage next year, we are back in business :)

So next year on Beams is on a Million Dollar Contract Next Season?

Remove this Banner Ad

Brisbane targeting a huge name key forward at end of 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Back