Brisbane targeting a huge name key forward at end of 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Got some mail that Brisbane have a list of 3 key forwards they are chasing at the end of next season. Still have over 1 Mil of salary cap space to play with as well. I didn't get told who they are, only told all three are "Big names". I'm just guessing as to who they would be but possibly Jack Riewoldt or Travis Cloke would be in there. Probably worth that money too.
Mail from who? i can say i got mail that a very good key backman that the Dogs are chasing but holds no currency unless indicated from where as in is it a reliable source.

So so much to lol at here, I don't even know where to begin.

> have no good forwards
> brb getting Cameron

I can't think of the last trade/ free agent that worked out well for Collingwood, so chances are you'd turn Cameron into Kent Kingsley, and that's on the proviso that he'd go to Collingwood despite being from Adelaide. :v

Wouldn't mind visiting this fantasy land you live in to be honest. Must be nice there.

Cameron's from Adelaide? Country NSW boy iirc ...

Walker For James Aish id imagine

Hardly. Dangerfield is the only one who is even a small chance of leaving - Sloane and Tex Walker have been very vocal about staying.

Aish for a first round pick, which will be part of the loot used to acquire a key forward.

Hardly. Dangerfield is the only one who is even a small chance of leaving - Sloane and Tex Walker have been very vocal about staying.

They may be vocal but that is PR largely.
It will come down to what type of financial offers all 3 receive from Adelaide compared to rival bids.
If there is a large gap, you will have your hands full having 3 of your best players being out of contract in one year.

Aish for a first round pick, which will be part of the loot used to acquire a key forward.
Perhaps you are right, but just putting it out there that all players are vocal about staying at their club until a season has ended and the carrot is to big to not munch on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah, country Vic. About halfway between Melbourne and Adelaide.

I'm from Warrnambool which fits that description but I'm sure he's not from around there. I've heard he's a good shot and has spent a fair amount of time with a rifle so he's definitely a country boy but I can't for the life of me remember where from nor can I be arsed looking it up...

Edit* couldn't help myself. You're more or less spot on, he's from Dartmoor, a hundred or so K's from Warrnambool.

Last edited:
They may be vocal but that is PR largely.
It will come down to what type of financial offers all 3 receive from Adelaide compared to rival bids.
If there is a large gap, you will have your hands full having 3 of your best players being out of contract in one year.

PR?

You mean, when Sloane was asked about trade rumors and he said "I'd have to agree to go, right? And I don't want to leave. So that's that."

Or when Walker brought it up in an interview with the Age, when he could have just given it PR spin? If you ever followed Walker on Twitter, you'd see he couldn't care less about PR.

Please, though - expend a lot of energy trying to get them.

PR?

You mean, when Sloane was asked about trade rumors and he said "I'd have to agree to go, right? And I don't want to leave. So that's that."

Or when Walker brought it up in an interview with the Age, when he could have just given it PR spin? If you ever followed Walker on Twitter, you'd see he couldn't care less about PR.

Please, though - expend a lot of energy trying to get them.

It's all spin.
What you hear from players in a public discourse is very different to what is said in a private setting.
You will have your hands full keeping all 3 as they will be subject to massive financial offers.

Tom Hawkins is the main one for me, he is a free agent next year and at 26 he will be coming into the prime of his career. Already in my mind the best and most damaging key forward in the game if Brisbane want to be pushing for a Priemiership big Tommahawk is the man. Also with Geelong seeminglessly going downhill Hawkins may want to look elsewhere for further success. Brisbane's midfield also posses greater support for him. Steve Johnson, Matt Stokes ect are all aging, Christensen has left already. Geelong seem to be left with Caddy, Duncan and Selwood. Brisbane have huge upside in their midfield with Dayne Beams, Rich, Rockliff, Redden, Aish, Clay Beams, Zorko, Hanley, Taylor and Green. The list goes on with the promise of Brisbanes midfield. An even bigger gap in their salary cap. Hawkins could get a Tom Boyd contract say 1.1/2mill over 6 years taking him to 32 and all but finishing his career there. If you were Hawkins you couldn't see any reason he might stay but loyality and lets face it loyality is all but gone in footy.

Tom Hawkins is the main one for me, he is a free agent next year and at 26 he will be coming into the prime of his career. Already in my mind the best and most damaging key forward in the game if Brisbane want to be pushing for a Priemiership big Tommahawk is the man. Also with Geelong seeminglessly going downhill Hawkins may want to look elsewhere for further success. Brisbane's midfield also posses greater support for him. Steve Johnson, Matt Stokes ect are all aging, Christensen has left already. Geelong seem to be left with Caddy, Duncan and Selwood. Brisbane have huge upside in their midfield with Dayne Beams, Rich, Rockliff, Redden, Aish, Clay Beams, Zorko, Hanley, Taylor and Green. The list goes on with the promise of Brisbanes midfield. An even bigger gap in their salary cap. Hawkins could get a Tom Boyd contract say 1.1/2mill over 6 years taking him to 32 and all but finishing his career there. If you were Hawkins you couldn't see any reason he might stay but loyality and lets face it loyality is all but gone in footy.
My thoughts exactly. Money is a huge factor. Not to mention the bright future of the lions midfield.

Remove this Banner Ad

Brisbane targeting a huge name key forward at end of 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Back