Brisbane targeting a huge name key forward at end of 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Cameron, Carlisle or Tippett. Can't see Hawkins going

Is it bad as a Sydney fan that I'm a bit half half on Tippett going...? Would help our salary cap and mean Reid could become a permanent CHF with Franklin moving back to FF.

I guess the talk of getting Walker was a bit premature.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlisle is a Dogs supporter. He'll be coming to the Dogs.

In fact he was in the rooms after one of our rare wins this year with tears of pride in his eye and he muttered to Peter Gordon "Just get me here".

Hawkins will get pay rise from us taking him to the highest level at GFC along with Sel and HT.

Is it enough to keep FA offers at bay, who really knows. I"m sure however that the GFC have seen this coming and have a large, but reasonable offer ready for him and his agent.

Go Catters

Hawkins will get pay rise from us taking him to the highest level at GFC along with Sel and HT.

Is it enough to keep FA offers at bay, who really knows. I"m sure however that the GFC have seen this coming and have a large, but reasonable offer ready for him and his agent.

Go Catters

Yet the Crows aren't in the same position with Danger.......... :rolleyes:

Go Catters
Given you had money for Frawley, I'd imagine there is spare capacity at the Cats.

We'll have capacity next year too, after years of 95% payment we can go to 105% in 2015.

Yet the Crows aren't in the same position with Danger.......... :rolleyes:

No actually but im not even gonna bother. Have a great day…

GO Catters

Given you had money for Frawley, I'd imagine there is spare capacity at the Cats.

We'll have capacity next year too, after years of 95% payment we can go to 105% in 2015.

Yup..and lose Enright, Kelly and perhaps Lonergan, Rivers and Hmac. Also lost Varcoe and Bundy and only replaced them with Clark and Stanley.
Also have Bartel, SJ, getting close.

But of course if you're a Crows supporter, we have no WAY we can possibly keep Hawk and sign Danger too….o_O

Go Catters

Yup..and lose Enright, Kelly and perhaps Lonergan, Rivers and Hmac. Also lost Varcoe and Bundy and only replaced them with Clark and Stanley.
Also have Bartel, SJ, getting close.

But of course if you're a Crows supporter, we have no WAY we can possibly keep Hawk and sign Danger too….o_O

Go Catters

I'm sure you'll offer them more than enough money, but then the money will always be there for Dangerfield (both during and after football). The thing I can see counting against you guys when the bidding for him starts is the age and talent profile of your list heading into 2016. As great as you have been in recent times, Geelong aren't immune to the cyclical nature of success in the AFL - and given the replacements you have coming through aren't on the same level of those outgoing veterans that you've mentioned (in addition to Mackie, Stokes & Taylor), in all likelihood you're going to be heading towards the bottom of that cycle in 2016. Knowing Danger and his motivations, there are several other clubs who will be better positioned than Geelong to provide him with the success that he craves during those peak years of his career and I'm sure every one of them will be willing and able to reward him handsomely for his services.

While money will come into it at some level for both Hawkins and Danger, when you're in high demand and receiving $1m offers left right and centre as those 2 no doubt will be, then it's going to become a secondary criteria to other factors.

Last edited:
I reckon Melbourne are going to have another huge crack at Danger next year.

Geelong have been preparing for Dangerfield day for years, and they'll have the cap profile to make it happen...

Will stay at Adelaide or be a Cat IMO.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Brisbane targeting a huge name key forward at end of 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Back