Brisbane the Breakout team of 2019?

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond had elite players in Martin, Cotchin, Rance and Riewoldt, and a host of very good B graders as well. Who have the Lions got again?

http://www.lions.com.au/news/2018-10-17/adams-joins

;)

Need to find goals
Good assessment. Hipwood(21yo), McStay(23yo), Rayner(19yo) were our three top goal kicking forwards last year. They kicked a combined total of only 79 goals.
I'd love to see Marcus Adams go forward. We need a big body there. He'd draw a top two opposition defender which would help Hipwood/McStay out. He can play as an intercept marking attacking defender and up forward.
Adams has had some challenging times since his world was rocked at 17 years of age. The fact that he's at where he's at now is great testament to his character. I believe the Bulldogs didn't put much development into him as a footballer. Considering Adams history, which includes a stint playing rugby when he gave Aussie Rules away, I think he is a gem & can go to great heights in his AFL career. He's found his right home at the Lions.

Check him out in the WAFL aged 21 !

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/video/2015-11-24/pick-35-marcus-adams-highlights

Last edited:
http://www.lions.com.au/news/2018-10-17/adams-joins

;)

Good assessment. Hipwood(21yo), McStay(23yo), Rayner(19yo) were our three top goal kicking forwards last year. They kicked a combined total of only 79 goals.
I'd love to see Marcus Adams go forward. We need a big body there. He'd draw a top two opposition defender which would help Hipwood/McStay out. He can play as an intercept marking attacking defender and up forward.
Adams has had some challenging times since his world was rocked at 17 years of age. The fact that he's at where he's at now is great testament to his character. I believe the Bulldogs didn't put much development into him as a footballer. Considering Adams history, which includes a stint playing rugby when he gave Aussie Rules away, I think he is a gem & can go to great heights in his AFL career. He's found his right home at the Lions.

Check him out in the WAFL aged 21 !

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/video/2015-11-24/pick-35-marcus-adams-highlights

Since the Dogs usurped the Swans as my second favourite team, I’ve watched a bit more of Adams. That guy is just an absolute gun. I personally prefer him down back but seeing as Gardiner Walker Andrews is so settled maybe he should go forward. Isn’t Big O a chance to start at full forward though? The former Casey man has a fair bit of untapped potential

Since the Dogs usurped the Swans as my second favourite team, I’ve watched a bit more of Adams. That guy is just an absolute gun. I personally prefer him down back but seeing as Gardiner Walker Andrews is so settled maybe he should go forward. Isn’t Big O a chance to start at full forward though? The former Casey man has a fair bit of untapped potential

The Big O is an exciting prospect. With such a deep list & many versatile players; a fan predicting accurately how the team will actually look is not possible. I imagine the Selectors themselves will have a tough job working it out next year. It's a high class problem.

The Lions have been served up an extremely generous 2019 draw. Hawthorn is the only 2018 finalist we play twice & we spanked them both times this year. The other teams we play twice are the Suns, Bulldogs (we should get inside info from Adams), Power (no Wingard, no Polec & the wheels looking like they're about to fall off) & the Kangas. Having the AFL & Broadcasters on your side is a huge bonus, hopefully the Umpires jump on board too :D

Imo, it's a case of buy your Membership, strap yourself in and enjoy the ride. The Lions will definitely play Finals next season & just might upset the dreams of some other finalists.

Last edited:
Most years the Lions have a good period of performance (small losses etc) and the expectation for the following year has been really positive yet they disappoint.

However, I think they can get to 10 wins this year and possibly battle for a spot in the 8 in 2020.

Hipwood needs to be playing better, more consistent footy (that could take a couple more years of maturity) for them to take the next step. I think Neale will be better for them than Beams.

Still a lot of awful players there which should gradually drop off with new talent coming through.

Most years the Lions have a good period of performance (small losses etc) and the expectation for the following year has been really positive yet they disappoint.

However, I think they can get to 10 wins this year and possibly battle for a spot in the 8 in 2020.

Hipwood needs to be playing better, more consistent footy (that could take a couple more years of maturity) for them to take the next step. I think Neale will be better for them than Beams.

Still a lot of awful players there which should gradually drop off with new talent coming through.
Which players in the best 22 are "awful" do you think? Interested, as l am a Lions fan l think our best 22 looks quite good.
I dont get the hype around Lyons.
He got dropped from the worst team for a reason.
He has no defensive side to his game.
Neither does Dayne Beams.

Which players in the best 22 are "awful" do you think? Interested, as l am a Lions fan l think our best 22 looks quite good.

I suppose you could say some of our depth players are below average. But our best 22 is pretty strong.

And yep Beams great attacking player but a one way running turnover merchant.

Sorry they are all great which is why you have been performing so well over the past 6 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Put me in the camp of thinking they will improve nicely

Their % this year showed a massive step up from the previous year

It’s not as though they succeed on the back of a core of older players - the youngun’s are at the coal face and with similar progression again 11 wins is very possible

BRISBANE and CARLTON are the two teams should be wary about don't laugh about Carlton , not saying they will make the finals but will win games we don't expect , vs us Richmond first game

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Brisbane the Breakout team of 2019?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back