Brock mclean deal done!!

Remove this Banner Ad

this is a win to the Dee's

Melb now have pick 1, 2, 11 and 18 and are well placed to continue their stock piling of young talent

I hope the club shows patience with Bailey (as I believe he can coach) and I am sure they will see the rewards in 2-3 years down the track

great work Dee's :thumbsu:

agree, IMO Brock and Luke Ball are 2 players I would not gamble on as I believe they will struggle even more once they hit the age of 27

suspect bodies

If they were after McLean then I thought they may have tried instead for Ball and Maguire + whichever pick from St Kilda and get Fev to the Saints. Retire Steven King move Kosi to the ruck, have Riewoldt high HF and Fev out of the square

Very very fair deal.

Melbourne lose a leader and a top 5 pick who is hitting his peak and has been given no hope of succeeding by been played out of position in a weak team.

Melbourne however gain a 3rd top first round pick and a 4th pick in the top 20.

Mclean is no longer worth a top 10, but 11 is fair.

This is not great news for Melbourne because this guy was touted a leader and was high profile when he came to the club. The fact he has walked out puts more pressure on Scully and Trengove, and puts them back another 2 years in their development.

Carlton on the other hand complete their midfield. Judd no longer has to do the in and under work. They get a ready made, in and under midfielder which they lack. Frees up Murphy as well.

But they have made a sacrifice by losing their first pick.

Very fair, wins and losses both ways.

Ultimately Mclean has walked out of the club, and melbourne have secured the best possible deal they could have.

This draft is shallow, but they can rest assured knowing in the last uncompromised draft that they have had a monopoly on it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

he will be a very very handy player for Carlton. Our under resourced club prevented him getting fully fit and it showed through in his performances. With a full pre-season under his belt he will have a great year and be a great player for Carlton.

I am disappointed that he's gone. But i was disappointed when T.Johnstone left and we got Grimes for him. Hopefully a similar result can be gained here.

And neither should the dees bag us considering the gambling board has the AFL in its sights considering how much tanking the dees implemented this year

Pot.Kettle.Black

I dont think carlton shoud bag other teams for tanking :eek:

Good win for the Dees IMHO

He was replying to a dees supporter who had the audacity to call Carlton tankers ...the ironical thing is they would still have Mclean if they hadn't of played him out of position in their obvious tanking ploys.

I like this deal ..a proven player with 100 games under his belt as opposed to a lucky dip, in a shallow draft, nice work Blues :thumbsu: :)

If they were after McLean then I thought they may have tried instead for Ball and Maguire + whichever pick from St Kilda and get Fev to the Saints. Retire Steven King move Kosi to the ruck, have Riewoldt high HF and Fev out of the square

IMO Carlton backed themselves in a corner by foolishly agreeing in principal to the Brock McLean deal a week or so ago

By agreeing in princpal the blues have showed intent to move forward with the deal which can be binding

I just dont know why Carlton would agree to such a trade so far out from trade week without fully knowing who else could be on the table

I'm glad that these guys are not running my club :D

Very good deal for Melbourne and horrible deal for Carlton.

What makes you think that Carlton got a horrible deal?

I am only assuming that you think Brock is not going to play more than 50+ games for the blues?

I fail to see how trading away pick 11 for a quality inside midfielder is getting ripped off, especially considering that he is only 23 years old. There is potentially 7 years of AFL ahead for Brock and he has shown his potential at AFL level.

Think about what the Pies paid for a ruckman just a couple of years ago, in a "stronger" draft.

What makes you think that Carlton got a horrible deal?

I am only assuming that you think Brock is not going to play more than 50+ games for the blues?

I fail to see how trading away pick 11 for a quality inside midfielder is getting ripped off, especially considering that he is only 23 years old. There is potentially 7 years of AFL ahead for Brock and he has shown his potential at AFL level.

Think about what the Pies paid for a ruckman just a couple of years ago, in a "stronger" draft.

Brocks only 23? Wow he looks 30 :x

Remove this Banner Ad

Brock mclean deal done!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back