Brock Mclean leaves Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Brock Mclean

Like it for Carlton. Good side kick to Judd.

How would Carlton fit him under the salary cap. McLean would have been on a fortune recently. But anyway..

Re: McLean leaves Demons

You will find that Nick Stevens may not be playing AFL again. And also Richard Hadley looks like going back to Brisbane.

A nice move by the Blues and another 1st rounder for the Dees.

Win/Win IMO

Very disappointed as I've always loved Brock. Having said that, another first round draft pick will be very nice, and it looks like we'll be drafting a couple of quality mids with picks 1 and 2. Might allow us to get a quality forward with pick 11, which we need.

Would love to know the reason why though.

Re: brock for pick 11

Thought Carlton might look at a KP defender and another KP forward to complement Fevola.

Stevens and Scotland are shit, and after Judd, Murphy, Gibbs and maybe Simpson that midfield isn't so great. Decent pick up by Carlton, although I reckon they could've pushed Demons for a 2nd rounder.

wow - the word rabble springs to mind

Good pick up by Carlton, a hard nut alongside all those soft nuts has the makings of a great midfield.

Jump on Gibbs & Murphy for the Brownlow.

I can't say i'm very happy. Brock is a good player.

But i would never think of giving pick 11 for him. 15 maybe. 11 no chance.

Melbourne better give us their 2nd rounder or i'll be royally pissed.

wtf? Was probably the Demon's next captain. And didn't he donate 10 grand to the club a few months ago? Seems very wierd, I thought he was the loyal type who loved the club.

Maybe they will use pick 11 to get Burgoyne? Also don't think Carlton really need McLean.

Very disappointed as I've always loved Brock. Having said that, another first roun draft pick will be very nice, and it looks like we'll be drafting a couple of quality mids with picks 1 and 2. Might allow us to get a quality forward with pick 11, which we need.

I'd say it means you're taking Butcher at 2.

You'll still get a gun midfielder at 11.

that's just how i read it anyway.

Very good trade by Melbourne.

Very disappointed as I've always loved Brock. Having said that, another first roun draft pick will be very nice, and it looks like we'll be drafting a couple of quality mids with picks 1 and 2. Might allow us to get a quality forward with pick 11, which we need.

Could it be the Demons are positioning themselves to make a club a sweet offer for a star that wants out ??

I can't say i'm very happy. Brock is a good player.

But i would never think of giving pick 11 for him. 15 maybe. 11 no chance.

Melbourne better give us their 2nd rounder or i'll be royally pissed.

Brock was a top 5 pick, you don't have any other inside mids. He'll be very good for you. Maybe your second rounder will be used to lure a key forward.

I think its win-win for both clubs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whether its Melbournes intention or not, I'm pretty sure that securing pick 11 just sent a shiver down Hawthorn and Essendons spine, while a quick grin may have slid across Chocos face.

Melbourne now has picks it can use to negotiate Burgoyne, without giving up 1 or 2.

My favourite player at Melbourne. I'm incredibly disappointed. I had hoped he'd captain the club one day - clearly, it's not to be.

However, I applaud the club's strategy. I can't argue with their logic, but I'm disappointed that Brock didn't want to play for the MFC any more.

Great move by Carlton, too. McLean is one of the finest extractors in the comp and his presence should allow Judd to resume more of a free-running role in the midfield. A midfield line-up of Judd, Murphy, Gibbs and McLean eating up Kreuzer's taps will be a very fine thing indeed.

Whether its Melbournes intention or not, I'm pretty sure that securing pick 11 just sent a shiver down Hawthorn and Essendons spine, while a quick grin may have slid across Chocos face.

Melbourne now has picks it can use to negotiate Burgoyne, without giving up 1 or 2.

You really think Melbourne would trade away a 23 year old, only to on-trade that draft pick for a 27 year old?

Fair deal IMO for both sides

This trade plus other clubs also mentioning they are prepared to trade later first round draft picks is an indication that this draft lacks some serious depth.

'Melbourne has reached an in principle agreement with the Carlton Football Club for their first choice (selection 11 overall) in this year’s National Draft. This agreement is subject to the finalisation of paperwork during Trade Week, commencing Monday 5 October 2009, and the completion of medical screenings.'
From here.

wtf? Was probably the Demon's next captain. And didn't he donate 10 grand to the club a few months ago? Seems very wierd, I thought he was the loyal type who loved the club.

Maybe they will use pick 11 to get Burgoyne? Also don't think Carlton really need McLean.
it was 10k, not 100k to the cause of the debt demolition.

i think with jamison and waite coming back, warnock in the ruck, kreuzer to push forward. i like this trade, depending upon whether brock can get back to the form that he is capable of.

maybe, clubs aside, he just needed a fresh start. for him

Big win for Demons, Carlton still can not understand that they will never win a premiership until they have a decent defense, All the Mids and Fev might kick you 20 goals but the other team will always kick 21.
Congratulations Melbourne!:thumbsu:

Hawthorn and Essendon have picks 8 and 9?

good pick up for carlton i think, he's only young as well (23?).

i dont think the dees would be too happy with this...pick 11 seems pretty fair though

carlton bolster their midfield further.

Remove this Banner Ad

Brock Mclean leaves Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back