Universal Love Brodie Grundy man love (bumped, see post #909)

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, GWS will be rueing this in 3-4 years when they are winning flags with a team full of guns.

I'd say ignoring Longer and Grundy was a mistake. I'd say deciding not to pick Chad Wingard is a decision that boarders on insanity

I'd say ignoring Longer and Grundy was a mistake. I'd say deciding not to pick Chad Wingard is a decision that boarders on insanity

Well sure looks like that Now.

They still be a Bloody Good Player.

Also would Longer,Grundy and Wingard look that good playing with Kids for GWS?

Grundy & Jolly are the two best options going into the finals.

Grundy is one big pack mark from ripping up the game !!!!

Reckon you might be right. Lets leave Grundy and Lynch for one more game before bringing Jolly back to replace Lynch. I think Witts is toast for season 2013 and Hudson remains a valuable backup.

Well sure looks like that Now.

They still be a Bloody Good Player.

Also would Longer,Grundy and Wingard look that good playing with Kids for GWS?

Irrespective of how they'd look, the two rucks would've been great additions. Look at the GC stocks;Zac Smith, gorringe and Nichols and till last year that hickey lad. Now, not all of them may turn into afl level ruckman, but with ttheir extended list, they can afford to have these guys and try them out and if they aren't overly successful, you can seek to trade them. As we know, young talls in generally hold their value well and a list manager can use that to their advantage.

Wingard is a different animal all together. He screamed talent in his u18 year and looks to be a possible AA selection in just his second year of senior footy! Gun!

Irrespective of how they'd look, the two rucks would've been great additions. Look at the GC stocks;Zac Smith, gorringe and Nichols and till last year that hickey lad. Now, not all of them may turn into afl level ruckman, but with ttheir extended list, they can afford to have these guys and try them out and if they aren't overly successful, you can seek to trade them. As we know, young talls in generally hold their value well and a list manager can use that to their advantage.

Wingard is a different animal all together. He screamed talent in his u18 year and looks to be a possible AA selection in just his second year of senior footy! Gun!

On Wingard I thought it was very Funny Matthew Lloyd who was working with the AIS at the Time said he though Wingrard would never be that Good.

I agree having Longer and Grundy would make for a Awesome Young Ruck Brigade

I still think our best ruck combination will include Lynch.

I just think the side looked better with a more agile 3rd tall than Witts. Lynch had 21 disposals, tackled and contested in the air. Witts will be a good player, but he is still a fair way off.

Therefore, I think its a choice between Jolly, Hudson or Grundy.

I think it's Grundy for another few weeks, but then hand the reigns back to Jolly for one last finals campaign.

Jolly has played in 4 grand finals (5 if you include the draw), and won 2 premierships. He has always lifted in finals as well. You can't ignore that experience.

Jolly obviously sees the writing on the wall, and he knows this may be his last ever finals series. He will get himself up for it and play a cracking finals series.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big young guy playing against seasoned big body's, it will be tough. No pre-season, blah blah blah, you know the story
He's had the best 2 game career of any ruckman Collingwood has picked up since Monkey...except Jolly naturally....so that is a great start.
The rest is in his hands.

He's had the best 2 game career of any ruckman Collingwood has picked up since Monkey...except Jolly naturally....so that is a great start.

Ill call it now and say that Samurai will be a top 3 league ruckman withing 3 years.. Early call, I know,but the kid just has 'it'..

What about Thompson?

What about Thompson?

Good call......Thommo became a regular as an 18 year old. Went on to play 301 games (268 for Pies) won 5 Copelands & a Brownlow. Kicking 275 goals (80% conversion!! only kicked 69 behinds). Club Captain.
The sad thing (besides his early demise) is that he played in 20 finals......won 5 & lost 15 from 1965 to 1978 (including 3 GF losses & 4 PF losses....so close but so effing far).
If The Grunge can get anywhere near that, then we all should be pleased.

No shock here;

collingwoodfc: Coach @ncb_cfc has told the media that Darren Jolly is "touch and go" to play any footy this week due to his knee http://t.co/XDbn3lPxqc

He didn't look right in the VFL last weekend, seems that knee is really worrying him more than ever.

No shock here;

He didn't look right in the VFL last weekend, seems that knee is really worrying him more than ever.

Well if he might Miss the VFL as well if his Knee is still Dodgy

What about Thompson?
since Monkey....Damien Monkhorst. Collingwood 1988-99.
Thommo played 1965-78.

As an aside I had the pleasure of an separate evenings "on the turps" with both Len Thompson, in Canberra and Peter Moore, in Kalgoorlie.
Both great blokes and funny as hell.

since Monkey....Damien Monkhorst. Collingwood 1988-99.
Thommo played 1965-78.

As an aside I had the pleasure of an separate evenings "on the turps" with both Len Thompson, in Canberra and Peter Moore, in Kalgoorlie.
Both great blokes and funny as hell.

I think he only said "since Monkey" because he is too young to comment on anyone earlier.
Where as the 'elders' can go back further.
It's all good.
What was Moore doing in Kalgoolie?

I think it's probably fair to say that some here are over-hyping Grundy just a tad but it's easy to see why. The optimism is well founded when you see a young guy with a limited preparation come in and immediately have an impact. He has agility and mobility to burn not to mention a fair helping of pace, he leaps better than any other ruckman on our list and he has some real mongrel in his attack on the ball. His defensive efforts are way better than we've seen from Jolly in a couple of years and he seems to be a pretty quick thinker when under pressure. It's got to be hard not to be a bit excited given our history with young ruckmen over the journey. That said, when people want to come in here and post negative nonsense about him quoting meaningless stats then you'd have to say THATSGOLD! :confused:

I think he only said "since Monkey" because he is too young to comment on anyone earlier.
Where as the 'elders' can go back further.
It's all good.
What was Moore doing in Kalgoolie?
He owns an aerial geological survey company.

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Brodie Grundy man love (bumped, see post #909)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back