Universal Love Brodie Grundy man love (bumped, see post #909)

Remove this Banner Ad

I've been thinking of how the form of Grundy and even Witts our immediate rucking future and what this means for our trade period goals. If Hudson retires again and we can get one more year out of Jolly then we may not need another experienced ruckman as an interim. Grundy has been promising as the number one ruck and if we can use Jolly to help him out next year with Witts intermittently then we will be more than ok. Should probably look to get another VFL ruck on the rookie list just in case though.

I've been thinking of how the form of Grundy and even Witts our immediate rucking future and what this means for our trade period goals. If Hudson retires again and we can get one more year out of Jolly then we may not need another experienced ruckman as an interim. Grundy has been promising as the number one ruck and if we can use Jolly to help him out next year with Witts intermittently then we will be more than ok. Should probably look to get another VFL ruck on the rookie list just in case though.

Agree we will need a backup but probably a VFL standard ruckman. Cam Wood maybe? That would be funny!! Take him on base wage!

I think this will have to be the case as i see Jolly and Hudson retiring, if either was going to stay, I'd say maybe Hudson at this stage as Jolly can't even move anymore. We can't have just two ruckmen on the list so we'll need at least one backup.

I think this will have to be the case as i see Jolly and Hudson retiring, if either was going to stay, I'd say maybe Hudson at this stage as Jolly can't even move anymore. We can't have just two ruckmen on the list so we'll need at least one backup.

I agree. We should look for someone like a Stephenson to crash and bang in the reserves and fill in when needed in the seniors. Witts and Grundy need to be our main men though.

Held his own against Mumford and Pyke all night and didn't look out of place at all. He's our next premiership ruckman.

:hearts::hearts::hearts:

Vanished in the second half. Looked obviously uncomfortable with his fitness, but I think that's to be expected! He is going to be a superstar.

This guy... no preseason... injured for the start of the year.. what the hell. Awesome!
Astounding. 19 year old kids aren't supposed to be able to do this. The guy is an athletic freak, and even better than that, he has a desire to hurt people. He can kick, dummy, and handball, the dude looks like a #1 pick already. Massive kudos to Port, Brisbane, GWS, Gold Coast, Footscray, and anyone else who needed midfielders. Cheers!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look he was monstered a bit tonignt. But he never gave up and his 2nd efforts were outstanding. He held his own against am experienced ruckman. my god this guy is going to be an absolute gun!
He held his own in my opinion.

He even out bodied Mumford a few times. We have a serious player on our hands.

Grundy played a very good game and won a number of ruck contests himself, as well as constantly competing around clearances at ground level. His around the ground work is outstanding for someone so inexperienced. He is the best bargain I can remember in a draft. He did not look outclassed by Mumford. We do not need to recruit another ruck for next year.

Look he was monstered a bit tonight. But he never gave up and his 2nd efforts were outstanding. He held his own against am experienced ruckman. my god this guy is going to be an absolute gun!

He was definitely not monstered. He was out-positioned a few times by one of the best. He's doing alright. HE'S DOING ALRIGHT.

Needs serious backup though, can't burn him out like Fraser. Grundy gave Mummy and Pike and those other Sydney flogs a good workout tonight as a teenager in his 3rd AFL game. :thumbsu:

He's new name is THE SMART BEAST OR THE BEAST! Thanks to your basketball background you are the greg williams of ruckmen compared to the rest.;-) HE IS THE HULk, long live the HULK army!

He'll serve your club well once Jolly is done, even though there my be a few yrs gap from when Jolly finishes until he reaches his full potential & makes number #1 ruck his own.
That tap to swanny was just sublime :thumbsu:

Looks like a serious prospect.
Has size and is aggressive.
Has clean hands and poise (amazing poise for a rookie) around the ground.
Will learn the ruck craft as he goes on but holds his own in there at the moment. Him and Witts make a great future combo. :thumbsu:

Needs serious backup though, can't burn him out like Fraser. Grundy gave Mummy and Pike and those other Sydney flogs a good workout tonight as a teenager in his 3rd AFL game. :thumbsu:

He won't "burn out" though, his backside tells ya as much.

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Brodie Grundy man love (bumped, see post #909)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back