Universal Love Brodie Grundy man love (bumped, see post #909)

Remove this Banner Ad

I love Grundy. Haven't loved a player like this since leon Davis! Its the brilliant taps to pendles, the second and third efforts, tackles, goals.. and he has only played 3 games! Hope he is playing as our ruck in 2023!

I love Grundy. Haven't loved a player like this since leon Davis! Its the brilliant taps to pendles, the second and third efforts, tackles, goals.. and he has only played 3 games! Hope he is playing as our ruck in 2023!

As a 29 year old? Why wouldn't he be? He could be playing as our first ruck in 2025 and still be younger than Jolly is now.

Excited.

Reckon you might be right. Lets leave Grundy and Lynch for one more game before bringing Jolly back to replace Lynch. I think Witts is toast for season 2013 and Hudson remains a valuable backup.

Why in God's name would you bring Jolly in for Lynch?:rolleyes: Lynch is back to his early injury free form. He is far more mobile and versatile than Jolly and can apply defensive pressure and win possessions. Are you suggesting Jolly could stand in the forward line and apply the defensive pressure that is crucial in today's footy? Jolly lumbers around and gets jumped over at the centre bounces. He is a good ruckman around the ground but nowhere near mobile enough to play the way that is required in today's high tempo footy. Thankfully it appears Bucks agrees.

From the Swan's autopsy thread:

"Must say I was very impressed by Brodie Grundy too. To take on Mumford and Pyke and not just compete manfully but win a lot of contests was incredibly impressive for someone of his age. Pies have a very good ruckman for the future right there."

Good to see his talent recognised by the opposition.

mumford is a man mountain massive frame on him same with pyke for grundy in his 3rd game
to battle against them and come out on top wow thought that would be the one area the swans would dominate well done grundy

There's a reason why he slide to pick 18 that we all need to consider.. there has been a trend in recent times that clubs let other clubs pick ruckmen, develop them, then when they hit their peak they swoop in with a big deal and take them.

We will have a real fight on our hands to keep Grundy assuming he keeps developing the way he does, make no mistake a lot of clubs will offer him the world if he becomes what we think he could..

best keep him happy while he is at the club... (and that starts with drafting with him with 2 of his SA mates ;))

and pray to god he A: becomes a superstar
and B: is a 1 club player
Disagree. I can't remember the last time a superstar ruckman changed clubs. None of the current gun ruckmen whom moved to their current club from another were guns when moved. Grundy will be a gun ruck next season short of injury setbacks that prevent him getting a full pre-season in.

Absolutely love the man and I think he has done everything you can ask and deserves to keep the no.1 ruck spot unless he shows signs of faltering. But under no circumstances would I get rid of both hudson and jolly at the end of the year without having a suitable veteran replacement lined up. This guy shows the makings of a ten year superstar for the pies last thing you want is to make him shoulder too much responsibility to early like Josh Fraser

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The comparison with Josh Fraser is a bit unfair. Fraser was thin and easily pushed aside, even in later years. Grundy can stand his ground and compete with the big men of the competition. He is not going to be worn down by early ruck exposure like Fraser.

Exactly. Its totally unfair to Grundy to compare him to a skinny half forward flanker.

Rising star nom? Go big samurai reg

Josh Thomas has made a stronger case for a nomination.

Zac Williams (GWS rookie) has been given the round 19 RS nomination. Playing as a defender in a team flogged by 100+ points must help.

Josh Thomas has made a stronger case for a nomination.

Zac Williams (GWS rookie) has been given the round 19 RS nomination. Playing as a defender in a team flogged by 100+ points must help.
JT is 2 months too old, so he is ineligible, although he is definitely deserving of one as well after his performance.

Didn't see Zac Williams' game, so I can't comment, but Grundy would have to be a bit stiff to miss out.

Grundy will still be eligible next year so I wouldn't be too fazed if he misses out this year. Would be hard to ignore if he keeps this up though.

How many games is the cut off for eligibility in 2014? If Grundy plays every game, we finish outside the top 4 but manage to make the grand final then Grundy will have played 10 games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Brodie Grundy man love (bumped, see post #909)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back