Universal Love Brodie Grundy man love (bumped, see post #909)

Remove this Banner Ad

Very good game from Brodie.

Hitouts were special to Pendles from around the ground. Probably needs to work a little bit on his centre square work (poorly times it sometimes) but with that he will be the best hitout ruckman we have had for a while.

He showed glimpses or Pendles-like awareness in traffic as well - clearly a basketball thing. Still needs to do a lot of work on marking, but he is showing promise.

It's being very picky to say it but in my book he lacked in only one area last night and that is accountability. Not a massive issue for a 4th gamer who is frightening the pants off far more seasoned opponents but I did not enjoy watching Hale getting so far in the clear a few times. That said, in 4 games this kid has played well enough for Bucks to be playing down the likelihood of an early return for Jolly. That says it all for me! Last night was clearly his best game and some of his tap work would have embarrassed even Jolly. If he adds a bit more accountability to his game he will be unstoppable.

Commiserations Pies fans. Not trolling. But there is lots of universal love for Grundy on all boards. Where did come from? Gee he can play. Reminds me of a young Corey Mckernan.

What were his first 3 games like? Did he play this good? I haven't really noticed him earlier so just asking if you guys can give me a fill in.
The kid had eyebrows popping all over the place from his first game and has gotten better with each game. Have to laugh that we got him pick 18 in the draft. Pick 18 ffs!

The kid had eyebrows popping all over the place from his first game and has gotten better with each game. Have to laugh that we got him pick 18 in the draft. Pick 18 ffs!

Will take more notice of him now. Pick 18 is pretty good. Just means that he was in the first picks after each team have a go. Remember that all teams eye out the player they want before draft day so teams before Pies must have had their sights set on others. Pies probably missed out on someone they wanted before pick 18. Sometimes it's just dumb luck. Nevertheless, great future for him.

Ps. Good luck in finals.

Will take more notice of him now. Pick 18 is pretty good. Just means that he was in the first picks after each team have a go. Remember that all teams eye out the player they want before draft day so teams before Pies must have had their sights set on others. Pies probably missed out on someone they wanted before pick 18. Sometimes it's just dumb luck. Nevertheless, great future for him.

Ps. Good luck in finals.
It also means that GWS passed on him 5 times! :oops:

Good luck to you guys too. Looking like you can go all the way this year. Next year... watch out! ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brodie is looking amazing. He will be much better next year for his experience this year. His great ruck work, strength, touch of agro, and second efforts have all been a joy to watch. Next year we can expect more around the ground from him and hopefully a marking presence both going forward and coming out of defence. The sky really is the limit for this young man!

Grundy's basketball background shows on his ruck work.
Basketball is not all about plodding in traffic carelessly, he has Pendle-like reaction to some of his disposals.

I think he just needs to add some mass on his shoulders and arms, keep his torso lean and agile but thick legs and low center of gravity (strong butt). And of course stay away from careless situations to avoid injuries.

I've nursing a hard on all night and it probably won't go away until the end of the season. Im trying not to get to carried away, but jesus. This kid is going to be something special. With limited fitness and only a relatively short time playing AFL he could be anything.

Its not just his tap work, but his work around the ground for a bloke who's played 4 afl games is unbelievable. I think he may of lead the team for clearances last night as well. I was really impressed how he stood up in the last quarter when we had a glimmer of hope of coming back, shows that he has real leadership qualities as well, he lead the charge.

The best part about him however is his mongrel, no more soft ruckman (wood and fraser).

Grundys ruck work numbers compared to the rest.
Hit outs Grundy 28 (29% to advantage)
Hit outs Hale 19 (26% to advantage)
Hit outs Bailey 14 (7% to advantage)
Hit outs Lynch 9 (11% to advantage)

Grundy's basketball background shows on his ruck work.
Basketball is not all about plodding in traffic carelessly, he has Pendle-like reaction to some of his disposals.

I think he just needs to add some mass on his shoulders and arms, keep his torso lean and agile but thick legs and low center of gravity (strong butt). And of course stay away from careless situations to avoid injuries.

Yep, that butt says we are finally going to have a solid ruckmen, who shouldn't break down as often either.

I normally like to keep a bit conservative on young players but ... Boy oh boy wowee! Got ourselves something to work with here.

crying-tears-of-joy-gif-i9.gif

Daisy is having some strong competition from Grundy as my favourite player! Grundy is a monster - and the monster is only 4 games in! 4 GAMES!!! He was undoubtedly in our best players last night, and a Rising Star nomination should definitely follow next week from his performance.

The commentary mentioned that he's a black belt in martial arts too. How fitting is it that our samurai is a black belt in martial arts?!:D:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Brodie Grundy man love (bumped, see post #909)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back