Traded Brodie Grundy [Traded to Melbourne for #27]

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I do agree but there's no big key forwards on the market. So the best we can hope for is bringing in good players and hope Goodwin opts for a small fwd line and tells Ben Brown to pack his bags.
Go check out the bevy of KPF stock either out of contract or entering FA end of ‘23

Grundy won't be first ruck tho. so what's he going to be, a part time good ruck and a spud forward? Grundy will be good for 2 years. An 18 yo can be good for 12 years. When we won last years granny we have first year player in Bowey who blanketed Weightman, as well as youngsters in Jackson and Rivers.
They wouldn’t be bringing Grundy in unless he was going to be your #1 ruck. I think Gawn, due to his body, will spend far less time in the ruck in 2023.

Its the only logic behind them going after Grundy.

Grundy won't be first ruck tho. so what's he going to be, a part time good ruck and a spud forward? Grundy will be good for 2 years. An 18 yo can be good for 12 years. When we won last years granny we have first year player in Bowey who blanketed Weightman, as well as youngsters in Jackson and Rivers.
So Grundy would agree to come to Melbourne to be the second ruck ?

Rubbish.

So Melbourne will pay $650-$700K for Grundy to be the second ruck ?

Rubbish.

Grundy will come in as the no.1.

Freo’s 2023 first rounder will do it, fair deal IMO if we’re paying 300kpa, or a late second and we pay nada.

Why would Melbourne do that. It’s Collingwood wanting Grundy gone. That’s less than the Treloar deal.
So you don’t want him? Just had lunch with him for shit’s and giggles? Also this is nothing like the Treloar deal, we were in a real pickle and had no choice, had to beg the Dogs to take him, this time it’s a list strategy decision, if Melbourne are willing to pay someone 700kpa I think it’s fairly safe to say they want him badly.

huh? so what's 6 time AA ruck in Gawn doing? playing back pocket?
My guess is 60% main ruck Grundy and 40% Gawn.

It will be split with the split favouring Grundy.

Gawn is very pragmatic and wants Grundy to join the club. Gawn isn't an idiot, he knows Grundy is younger and will want to ascend into the main role, albeit one that's split and still gives Gawn reasonable minutes.

It just makes sense. I understand why you don't get it.

So you don’t want him? Just had lunch with him for s**t’s and giggles? Also this is nothing like the Treloar deal, we were in a real pickle and had no choice, had to beg the Dogs to take him, this time it’s a list strategy decision, if Melbourne are willing to pay someone 700kpa I think it’s fairly safe to say they want him badly.
We only want him as you guys are kicking him out. We otherwise wouldn’t pursue him.

My guess is 60% main ruck Grundy and 40% Gawn.

It will be split with the split favouring Grundy.

Gawn is very pragmatic and wants Grundy to join the club. Gawn isn't an idiot, he knows Grundy is younger and will want to ascend into the main role, albeit one that's split and still gives Gawn reasonable minutes.

You realise that Gawn, despite being a little bit older, is moving much better than Grundy. Not only that he was voted as the best ruckman in the game this year.

No idea why you rate Grundy. he hasn't played decent footy for years. If he was why good, Collingwood would prefer him over spuds like Bobby Hill and Mcstay. They also played so much better with Darcy Cameron.

You realise that Gawn, despite being a little bit older, is moving much better than Grundy. Not only that he was voted as the best ruckman in the game this year.

No idea why you rate Grundy. he hasn't played decent footy for years. If he was why good, Collingwood would prefer him over spuds like Bobby Hill and Mcstay. They also played so much better with Darcy Cameron.
Grundy is 2.5 years younger. That's almost 3 AFL seasons. Significant.

I rate Grundy because I have eyes. I've seen his AA years.

Grundy was OK in 2021. He had some poor games but he had some very good games. An average of 19 disposals, 30+ hitouts and 12 goals isn't too shabby when compared to just about every other ruckman that year.

He's been an elite ruckman over multiple years and is still in his 20s.

Can we leave it there ? We're getting nowhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sound logic.
It is logical. Grundy is contracted for another 5 years at Collingwood, Melbourne (Geelong and Port) wouldn’t be going after him if he wasn’t being made available. No club is going after Darcy Moore because Pies aren’t kicking him out.

It is logical. Grundy is contracted for another 5 years at Collingwood, Melbourne (Geelong and Port) wouldn’t be going after him if he wasn’t being made available. No club is going after Darcy Moore because Pies aren’t kicking him out.
Isn’t every player who seeks a trade available?

So Grundy would agree to come to Melbourne to be the second ruck ?

Rubbish.

So Melbourne will pay $650-$700K for Grundy to be the second ruck ?

Rubbish.

Grundy will come in as the no.1.

And gawn wont be effective as a key fwd/2nd ruck.

Isn’t every player who seeks a trade available?
No. Tom Papley requested a trade to Carlton a couple years ago, he’s still at Sydney.

Grundy was never seeking a trade, why would he? He’s getting paid near a million dollars to play for Collingwood for another 5 years, why on earth would he leave? He is being pushed out the door, Collingwood have told him he is not welcome anymore.

The key factor people are missing is that Max is beaten up and if he shoulders the main ruck grunt work, he'll probably do it very well for the next 2 years, like he did this year, but it's not enough.

In partnership with Grundy he can deliver his very best match winning capacity over the next 4 years because he'll get a break to recover and the team won't lose anything while it's happening because he knows Grundy is next best.

Grundy will be the primary ruck, Max is pushing this idea.

It's definitely a weird trade thread where opposition supporters are making way more sense than MFC supporters, Trav excluded.

We want Grundy, it will get done for a late 1st with Collingwood paying about $300k/yr.
It's a fair deal.

The MFC plan is it delivers more flags over the next 4 years.

I have no doubt that Gawn is on board and up for the challenge. Equally, I have no doubt it is a bad idea.

Grundy is 2.5 years younger. That's almost 3 AFL seasons. Significant.

I rate Grundy because I have eyes. I've seen his AA years.

Grundy was OK in 2021. He had some poor games but he had some very good games. An average of 19 disposals, 30+ hitouts and 12 goals isn't too shabby when compared to just about every other ruckman that year.

He's been an elite ruckman over multiple years and is still in his 20s.

Can we leave it there ? We're getting nowhere.
Yeah let's leave it here. Happy to bump this mid next year when we're struggling to kick goals or Grundy is either battling injuries or poor form.

The key factor people are missing is that Max is beaten up and if he shoulders the main ruck grunt work, he'll probably do it very well for the next 2 years, like he did this year, but it's not enough.

In partnership with Grundy he can deliver his very best match winning capacity over the next 4 years because he'll get a break to recover and the team won't lose anything while it's happening because he knows Grundy is next best.

Grundy will be the primary ruck, Max is pushing this idea.
Where does Max play when not in the ruck? We already know that he isn't a good forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Brodie Grundy [Traded to Melbourne for #27]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back