Traded Brodie Grundy [Traded to Melbourne for #27]

Remove this Banner Ad

No offense but I think you jave not read what I have been talking about. Im talking abour possibilities. My delusional friend here is jumping to conclusions.
There is 0% possibility of Grundy taking a pay cut... so who is the delusional one lol. ;)

I think he wont take a pay cut. I think you are mostly aguing for the sake of it and you keep moving those goal posts. Never say never though.
About as likely as Putin winning a Nobel prize this year...

For the record I want to keep Grundy. I would be happy to lose McStay and Cameron to keep him and I still rate him even though he is not at the level he was when he sighed that contract. The only way I see him staying is if he takes that cut but I dont see him taking it although I see it as a slight chance. If he wants to stay I see that as the only way he wont be pushed out. Im a bit sad like that but thats just me.

For the record I want to keep Grundy. I would be happy to lose McStay and Cameron to keep him and I still rate him even though he is not at the level he was when he sighed that contract. The only way I see him staying is if he takes that cut but I dont see him taking it although I see it as a slight chance. If he wants to stay I see that as the only way he wont be pushed out. Im a bit sad like that but thats just me.

But, like Treloar. Why should he take a pay cut?
.that's the contract the pies gave him.

Maybe he will. Idk

But, like Treloar. Why should he take a pay cut?
.that's the contract the pies gave him.

Maybe he will. Idk
For team success. See my posts above. I dont think he will take one. But im a supporter and he is one of ours so I hope he stays and I see this the only way he stays.

Its a team first approach. He doesnt have to take a cut and he probably wont but its the right thing to do to help win premierships. Putting him on a good but not outragous wage gives the pies a much better chance at success because we can recuit those exceptional players. He is making it harder for the team to succeed by being on so much money and he is not worth the contract. You know he is not worth the money, I know it and he knows it. This game is about team success, however some look at it as a wage.
Added this for context to my last post.

For team success. See my posts above. I dont think he will take one. But im a supporter and he is one of ours so I hope he stays and I see this the only way he stays.

Melb. Have a good chance of success with or without grundy.

He knows they will get him so why give cash away

Melb. Have a good chance of success with or without grundy.

He knows they will get him so why give cash away
The only response to that is the that he wants to play with the Pies more then the Dees and he is willing to sacrifice some salary to do so. (Dont think it will happen in case you want to come on and lay the boots in).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only response to that is the that he wants to play with the Pies more then the Dees and he is willing to sacrifice some salary to do so. (Dont think it will happen in case you want to come on and lay the boots in).
Probably an attractive proposition for him to have Melbourne's midfielders roving to his hitouts (Melbourne having a superior midfield to Collingwood) and also the relief of not having to take the entire burden himself (sharing the ruck duties with Gawn with opportunities to rest here and there to stay fresh)... Melbourne are also closer to a flag taking bias aside (being completely banged up at end of season which can't be worse next year), so he's probably very keen to go. Hearing Goodwin talk yesterday it's obvious it's a done deal - well, at least, that both parties want each other

First Treloar now Grundy. What a way to treat your players. Embarrassing
They should’ve traded him out two years ago when he bent the club over and put himself/money ahead of the team.

We had a weak list manager then. Unlucky we didn’t have Graeme Wright back then, we would’ve gotten a lot more for him.

Ps: I know you’re just trolling, but worthwhile still pointing out what I did.

If the Dees are paying Grundy's full $1m pa salary, I would think the Pies are the ones who should be throwing in the 2nd rounder...

But it the Pies are paying $300K pa, then a Dees 2nd rounder is ok.

Still don't know why Dees are so keen, as they are losing Jackson & may be Tomlinson & Wiederman... they are needing key position players not another ruckman on top dollar.
Cant fathom the list management strategy, it just doesn't make any sense...

Grundy - (A-Grader) on $900k a year...
List Management - Lets move Grundy on for 2nd rounder and we'll pay $300k pa of his wage, to go with the other $300k pa were paying for Treloar...
List Management - Left with $600k cap space and a second rounder (Melbourne)...

List Management - Now we have this $600k cap space and a second rounder... What do we do with it? I know lets spend it all and get a C-Grader McStay...

Football World - Why not just stick Grundy at FF and pay him the $900k...

Now they are in the same position to where they started...
But, paying ($600k pa long term) on players not on their list and swapped an A-Grader for a C-Grader...

As a Carlton supporter God I love this, don't change Collingwood list management...

Cant fathom the list management strategy, it just doesn't make any sense...

Grundy - (A-Grader) on $900k a year...
List Management - Lets move Grundy on for 2nd rounder and we'll pay $300k pa of his wage, to go with the other $300k pa were paying for Treloar...
List Management - Left with $600k cap space and a second rounder (Melbourne)...

List Management - Now we have this $600k cap space and a second rounder... What do we do with it? I know lets spend it all and get a C-Grader McStay...

Football World - Why not just stick Grundy at FF and pay him the $900k...

Now they are in the same position to where they started...
But, paying ($600k pa long term) on players not on their list and swapped an A-Grader for a C-Grader...

As a Carlton supporter God I love this, don't change Collingwood list management...
I’ll try and make this as simple for you as possible -

Ruck stocks: Grundy, Cox, Cameron, Begg
KPF stocks: Mihocek

Shifting that $600k from Grundy to McStay equates to -

Ruck stocks: Cox, Cameron, Begg
KPF stocks: Mihocek, McStay

Does that make sense now? Or do you think you could do a better job than our current AFL list manager who is fixing deficiencies in our list?

He won't be negotiating a lower salary.

Take that to the bank!

You are delusional for thinking Grundy will volunteer a payout on his long term salary!

Ps. Players often restructure deals by adding years to an existing contract.
He never said Grundy would take a paycut.. You have been moving the posts to suit your argument. Move on

I’ll try and make this as simple for you as possible -

Ruck stocks: Grundy, Cox, Cameron, Begg
KPF stocks: Mihocek

Shifting that $600k from Grundy to McStay equates to -

Ruck stocks: Cox, Cameron, Begg
KPF stocks: Mihocek, McStay

Does that make sense now? Or do you think you could do a better job than our current AFL list manager who is fixing deficiencies in our list?

Grundy vs McStay + 2nd rounder and some other junk

You're joking right?

McStay was A Grade average being the 3rd KPF at Brisbane, Johnson is already better than him!

Grundy vs McStay + 2nd rounder and some other junk

You're joking right?

McStay was A Grade average being the 3rd KPF at Brisbane, Johnson is already better than him!
Genuinely Lobb and Casboult put Mcstay to shame. 650k a year... just boggles the mind. But to add having to move Grundy out for him... just legendary list management 😂😂

I can almost get the salary drop, (it's the fact it's to one if the best teams in the league that's most concerning) but to use all that money, and some, on someone that hasn't provided anything to suggest they are worth anything close to that...

Well thats just
Big Boi Fashion GIF by Outkast

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Brodie Grundy [Traded to Melbourne for #27]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back