Confirmed Luke Parker - traded with Jacob Konstanty to North Melbourne for pick 44

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, Parker had a really average finals series outside of a pretty solid lockdown role on Aliir IMO.

His role just wasn't great for him, or those around him really. We played him as a forward, but the problem is he's better suited to playing as a quasi-KPF, and we already have 3 KPFs, so they just kept getting in each others' way.

What do North fans think their forward line looks like next year? If he's playing playing predominantly as a FWD-MID, I think it could work well if the North forward line is Larkey + Comben and the mediums and smalls.

With darling coming across I think Comben is down back all year, with Logue and corr, able to switch forward if we need it.

I’d have Parker playing 60% forward, 40% mid.

Hf Dursma Darling Parker

F Curtis Larkey Zuhaar

Int: Simpkin (also playing mainly forward)

With darling coming across I think Comben is down back all year, with Logue and corr, able to switch forward if we need it.

Hf Dursma Darling Parker

F Curtis Larkey Zuhaar

That forward line is going to have the ball walking out if it ever hits the deck.

Surely you finally bite the bullet and find a decent pressure forward this year?

Hf Dursma Darling Parker

F Curtis Larkey Zuhaar

I agree with Comben playing back. He was the best thing they had going back there last season.
Back-up ruck a concern?
Could they rely on Comben doing it from defence?
Really no other options in that proposed line-up.
Can Logue, Corr and Archer handle most talls for the small stretches that Comben is needed to Ruck? Worth trying at least

I agree with Comben playing back. He was the best thing they had going back there last season.
Back-up ruck a concern?
Can Logue, Corr and Archer handle most talls for the small stretches that Comben is needed to Ruck? Worth trying at least

Good question.

I’d say comben can do it from the backline. In theory the guy he’s playing on is probably the relief ruck, so he just follows him.

Back-up ruck a concern?
It will be an issue.
But x rucks more in each game than any other ruck in the afl.
It won't be massive amounts of time.

Given the time the Roos have had, they should be getting games into the players they expect to play in finals. Parker isnt that.

If Richmond went for Parker it would make far more sense because they are a couple of years behind the Roos. Particularly with how many players want out of Richmond at the moment.

Thats funny because Luke Hodge played 2 seasons at Brisbane in 2018 and 2019.

Teakle will continue to be back up ruck and rotate forward and bench
That’s a lot of tall timber and not a lot of leg speed if he plays as well.
If you have 2 that can genuinely impact forward then that’s fine. I’m not sure Teakle offers enough when forward to justify it. I get it last year when you had so few marking options to support Larkey. But I’d prefer to see them at least try how it works with Comben.
Clarko has gone through periods when he has been seemingly obsessed with playing 2 ruckman every week. So it’s not beyond the realm of possibility that it continues.

That forward line is going to have the ball walking out if it ever hits the deck.

Surely you finally bite the bullet and find a decent pressure forward this year?
Paul Curtis had 5th most tackles for the comp i50 this year. Zurhaar had equal 19th. So did Darling from one less game, compared to our next best who was ranked 126th. As far as averages go Curtis was 12th, Zurhaar 24th and Darling 16th (but the differences are trivial really, 0.1-0.2 tackles per game.) Need more forward pressure for sure but its surprising how much Darling could improve us on that front.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bizzare pick up for North.

they have a good swath of young kids. let them develop, why waste a list spot on parker?

he's replacing liam shiels

a huge upgrade

did laugh at cooney yesterday begging for essendon to have a crack tho

we were right into parker 5-6 years ago but glad we aren't listening to Cooney now.

parker is cooked. Would only take the place of someone who'd we rather develop.

if you aren't going near a flag and need that extra little bit of depth in 2025, which neither of us are. Dunno why you'd bother with parker.

we were right into parker 5-6 years ago but glad we aren't listening to Cooney now.

parker is cooked. Would only take the place of someone who'd we rather develop.

if you aren't going near a flag and need that extra little bit of depth in 2025, which neither of us are. Dunno why you'd bother with parker.
Who are you developing?

I'll take any position.

Who are you developing?

I'll take any position.

huh? is this the lead into some terrible multi attempt at a troll?

HUGE amount of our list are sub 100 games who are still developing, and we have generally young list anyway compared to contending teams.

Sam Durham
Jye Caldwell
Nick Bryan
Nick Martin
Harrison Jones
Nate Caddy

etc etc etc

Last edited:
huh? is this the lead into some terrible multi attempt at a troll?

HUGE amount of our list are sub 100 games who are still developing, and we have generally young list anyway compared to contending teams.

Sam Durham
Jye Caldwell
Nick Bryan
Nick Martin
Harrison Jones
Nate Caddy

etc etc etc

Helps me with my Don supporting friends. I don't pay attention to your list, so appreciate the insight.

One of the kids drafted in 2022 should be replacing Shiels. Bringing in Parker is Clarko admitting that the rebuild is behind schedule.

Which kid are you talking about specifically? Sheezel and Wardlaw who are best 22 players?

George who has spent much of his time injured?

Or a kid taken with the 4th last pick of the draft?

These 2022 kids will have opportunity in 2025 even with Parker at the club. They may even learn a thing or two from him.

Sydney wanting more than a throwaway pick just reminds me how soft the eagles list management has been.

Or just how floggish Sydney are being.

Guy has been a stalwart of the club, probably will struggle for game time next year and has a multi year offer on the table.

Just get a deal done for a late pick and we can all move on with life.

Or just how floggish Sydney are being.

Guy has been a stalwart of the club, probably will struggle for game time next year and has a multi year offer on the table.

Just get a deal done for a late pick and we can all move on with life.
After getting smashed in multiple GF and consistently getting bent over at trade table there would be a revolt if we did it again.

If we get nothing fine, but at least TRY.

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed Luke Parker - traded with Jacob Konstanty to North Melbourne for pick 44

Remove this Banner Ad

Back