Brown or Riewoldt

• Jonathan Brown

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nick Riewoldt

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I voted reiwoldt to even it out because this if ****ing pathetic.
ONE GAME

Reiwoldt was the competitions best player last year and is every bit as courageous as brown. Nothing in it.

Stop with the shit threads.

Have to agree here. Brown is awesome no doubt, but Riewoldt definitely edges him out for me. Two of the best in the game regardless.

Nick Maxwell's the player who should've made way. Don't blame those interstaters.

Maxwell better than Gilbert in 2009 then? You just spent all those keystrokes arguing that Goddard/Gilbert should've been AA last year, then you use AA selection as proof that one player was better than the other.

You're contradicting yourself.
nick maxwell was equally as shit a pick as goodwin and bolton. my point was that what state they play from has nothing to do with their decision.

and the gilbert maxwell situation is a bit different. a) gilbert isnt an established player, and you need at least one good year before you are recognised and b) brown was behind Roo, Buddy and Pav for a spot, not just Riewoldt. Wasn't even in the top 3 in 08 and I reckon MVP, coaches votes etc would back me up.

Obviously going to say Brown because of my passion for the Lions and how he's taken our team by the throat and lifted us over the last 4 years. However I do agree Riewoldt is an amazing player with tremendous stamina and passion for his team. Immense respect for both players, but obviously I'm going to pick Brown.

Browns best is better than Riewoldts best and any other player in the competition for that matter. However if I had to choose who I would rather have in my side I would go with Riewoldt. What he serves up week after week is phenomenal. Such a consistent high class performer.

Stats back this up too. 5 B&F's and 4 AA. However Brown has gone some way over the last three years in improving his consistency.

Both teams should just be happy to have these great players running out for their respective side. If you had Brad Miller as your CHF you would be a lot more appreciative of boths greatness.

havent read all 70 or so posts, but to compare browns finals record against riewoldts is unfair, because the bulk of browns finals games where back in early 2000's when he was only in his young twenties starting out, where as all riewoldts has been the last few years in his prime.

and even if you do want to make the comparison, just look at riewoldt in the grand final in 09, was comprehensively slaughtered by harry taylor, and in many fans opinions cost st kilda the game by trying to play the "hero" role rather than the team one.

but both completely different forwards as hodgepodge stated, steriotypically you would expect to see J brown smashing and cruching over the top of a large pack for a mark, where as riewoldt you will expect to be running like a headless chook from the goal square right down to the oppositions forward 50 arc back and fro presenting hard.

in terms of value and forward prescence, i dont know how anyone could argue J brown isnt above nick riewoldt with the work he does in the forward 50.

Browns best is better than Riewoldts best and any other player in the competition for that matter. However if I had to choose who I would rather have in my side I would go with Riewoldt. What he serves up week after week is phenomenal. Such a consistent high class performer.

Stats back this up too. 5 B&F's and 4 AA. However Brown has gone some way over the last three years in improving his consistency.

Both teams should just be happy to have these great players running out for their respective side. If you had Brad Miller as your CHF you would be a lot more appreciative of boths greatness.

this is an interesting one that people constantly say, but i begg to differ to a certain extent

i agree that riewoldt is more consistent, but its because its alot easier to play consistent with the way he goes about his footy and the style

it is much easier to go out ont onto the field week in and out pushing hard up the flanks and wings taking marks and doing it well each round, compared to smashing and busting through packs and contests every round, the way brown plays his football is harder to go out every week and give a standout performance compared to the way riewoldt plays, what brown does is much more physically demanding and pressurizing, and as so you will have to expect alot of off and good days.

Brown has a sub par finals record compared to Roo.

Not sure if it's changed but I read recently Brown had never kicked more than 3 goals in a final at the MCG.

Hahahaha. Good stuff.

Brown has been a dominant force since the start of 2006 (and wasn't half bad in 2005, either).

In that time, how many finals has he played at the G? 1. Just 1.

And it was against the dogs, where he had to play on Lake who really has his measure. Kicked 3 of our 8 goals, which isn't half bad considering we got pantsed.:thumbsu:

I wonder how many votes for Brown are just because LOL crywoldts a pusy flog suk it ^ printsess rofl counselling@!!111 rather than anything to do with actual onfield performance.

and even if you do want to make the comparison, just look at riewoldt in the grand final in 09, was comprehensively slaughtered by harry taylor, and in many fans opinions cost st kilda the game by trying to play the "hero" role rather than the team one

In "many fans" ??

Not really anyone who knows anything could see his job, try mark it and at worst spill the ball taking the three players manning him out as well, it worked too, however the saints never capitalised. The conditions weren't good either.

Very obvious from a comparison on Before the Bounce that Carey had far better mobility than Brown and was far stronger than Riewoldt, he was the complete package.

What was this comparison?

I never saw it but i don't think many players in the history of the game have better endurance than reiwoldt, considering the sport gets more and more proffesional every year.

Maybe the GAP between him and his opponents was bigger but he wouldn't have been fitter than reiwoldt.

What was this comparison?

I never saw it but i don't think many players in the history of the game have better endurance than reiwoldt, considering the sport gets more and more proffesional every year.

Maybe the GAP between him and his opponents was bigger but he wouldn't have been fitter than reiwoldt.

Mobility is not endurance or fitness, Carey had a low centre of gravity because of short legs and long trunk, he moved like a cat and had far better balance than Riewoldt or Brown.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Riewoldt for me, the main ression people say brown is because off his finals record but in his early days he played in a lot of them and now probs has a lot more confidence.

Riewoldt is more courageous works harder and is a better leader.

Remove this Banner Ad

Brown is better than Riewoldt

Back