Brown wants out!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I get the feeling Brown isn't as definitive as Pickering makes him out to be. Maybe he'll get the contract (and playing time) he's after out of West Coast out of all of this. Wouldn't be surprised if an extension is done given Vozzo's comments.

I get the feeling Brown isn't as definitive as Pickering makes him out to be. Maybe he'll get the contract (and playing time) he's after out of West Coast out of all of this. Wouldn't be surprised if an extension is done given Vozzo's comments.
I hope not. Darren Glass and Eric Mackenzie are considerably better players than Mitch Brown.

he'll get the contract extension IMO. in 2 years time and vozzo will be wishing he took the picks we threw at him!!!

Clearly you don't rate him, but he is more than capable of holding the big gun forwards when given the chance...Has come along way this year imo. Every club wants a solid FB or CHB that wont get rag-dolled, hence Watters' interest.

What picks are we being offered?

Clearly you don't rate him, but he is more than capable of holding the big gun forwards when given the chance...Has come along way this year imo. Every club wants a solid FB or CHB that wont get rag-dolled, hence Watters' interest.

What picks are we being offered?

vozzo is on record saying pick 13 wasnt enough to acquire brown. if he's so good why hasnt he played regular senior football? because there are better performing players ahead of him, keeping him out of the side. if i was in the same position i would have taken pick 13 and ran. you have 2 years to find another KPD.

sadly that boat has passed so all we can do is see how this pans out over the next 2 seasons. my bet is he'll be delisted.

vozzo is on record saying pick 13 wasnt enough to acquire brown. if he's so good why hasnt he played regular senior football? because there are better performing players ahead of him, keeping him out of the side. if i was in the same position i would have taken pick 13 and ran. you have 2 years to find another KPD.

sadly that boat has passed so all we can do is see how this pans out over the next 2 seasons. my bet is he'll be delisted.

You are an idiot. No chance of a delisting.

At least now you're answering your own questions, I suppose.

A couple of years ago I would be agreeing with you. But imo (you clearly disagree) he really developed this year and held his own every time I saw him at AFL and WAFL.
I can see why the Saints are very keen to get him and why the Eagles are keen to keep him.

Was pick 13 offered, or were some journos asking him if that pick would be enough?

A couple of years ago I would be agreeing with you. But imo (you clearly disagree) he really developed this year and held his own every time I saw him at AFL and WAFL.
I can see why the Saints are very keen to get him and why the Eagles are keen to keep him.

Was pick 13 offered, or were some journos asking him if that pick would be enough?

The latter.

Pick 13 was never offered, so kind of a moot point. He wouldn't put a value on a player we want to keep, as it could make it more likely for the player to consider himself tradeable. Makes perfect sense IMO. Only an idiot would go around saying to the media what picks they would trade their contracted players for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 13 was never offered, so kind of a moot point. He wouldn't put a value on a player we want to keep, as it could make it more likely for the player to consider himself tradeable. Makes perfect sense IMO. Only an idiot would go around saying to the media what picks they would trade their contracted players for.
also the fact that the saints do not own pick 13 is a bit of a give away

perhaps they will be given it for compo- but not yet

That is fair enough - you pay a manager to field those questions
You would, but...
I get the feeling Brown isn't as definitive as Pickering makes him out to be.
I get the same feeling. Plus I don't tend to trust Pickering on the basis of his bias as a commentator.

On the St Kilda side of things they have targeted the best KPD that's stuck behind other players and offered him game time. I don't understand how the AFL has no rules to do with tampering in the regard, or conversely why the Eagles aren't publicly in the ear of every single player they want.

On the St Kilda side of things they have targeted the best KPD that's stuck behind other players and offered him game time. I don't understand how the AFL has no rules to do with tampering in the regard, or conversely why the Eagles aren't publicly in the ear of every single player they want.
Quality post mate.

I for one appreciate the stance of the club. Next year we will be pushing for a premiership, if one of eMac or Glass go down, we will need a ready made KPD to fill the void, and Brown is more than capable of filling that void.

Whilst he was brilliant this year, Glassy has had injury problems in the past. With that in mind the difference between a pick this year and a pick next, is marginal.

strong rumour Brown has told Eagles to fruit-off on extensions and wants to be traded - if not he plays WAFL and walks for zip next year (hed only be 24?).

Eagles nows sudden interest in Hooker reported in News.

Watch this space.

strong rumour Brown has told Eagles to fruit-off on extensions and wants to be traded - if not he plays WAFL and walks for zip next year (hed only be 24?).

Watch this space.

'Strong rumour' or just wishful thinking from Saints fans?

Watch this space.

Probably bullshit but if Brown wants to go somewhere else he needs to realize that he should be talking to as many Vic clubs as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back