Brownlow Medal 2009 (Part 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Brownlow Medal part 3

U guys are starting to worry me about Haselby and Power in group 4 and 6
grrr
Do u think Gibbs and Vince are home SBlack? Could the only upsets be Pendles + akermanis

Goodes, guaranteed votes in Rd 22. Easily top 3 on ground. Top 2 probably. I would go 3. Black 2. Goodes

Just had a look my stats again, think you may have a point.

Id probably go 3. Black 2. Goodes 1. J Brown

J Brown wayward kicking may cost him the better votes over Goodes.

In that case, I will say Goodes will get 11 to 14 votes. He played every match but there were alot of games earlier in the season where he had some quite games.

Still cant believe he is 4th favourite for this . I think the only reason why he is so short because of past reputation having won it in 2003 and 2006. And noticing a bit of a pattern maybe 2009 is the year again.

Just did a little research, and since 2000 any player in the top 18 for Free kicks during the season hasn't won the brownlow, I didn't include 2003 as there were multiple winners.

Going by that logic -Some of the favourites such as Selwood, Judd, Murphy, Cross, Corey, Riewoldt, J.Brown can't win it. ;)

I'd be surprised if the winner/quinella didnt come from Hayes, Judd, Montagna, Ablett and Swan. My votes didn't quite end up that way, but for me they all add up to being standouts.

In that case, I will say Goodes will get 11 to 14 votes. He played every match but there were alot of games earlier in the season where he had some quite games.

Still cant believe he is 4th favourite for this . I think the only reason why he is so short because of past reputation having won it in 2003 and 2006. And noticing a bit of a pattern maybe 2009 is the year again.

i'd put my bank account on goodes finishing on more than 14 votes, pity you're not a bookie!

I have watched quite a few feo games this year and think Duffield is a genuine chance. Carrys the ball, racks up possessions and has blond hair , so umpies no he's there. Couple of 3 point votes from memory - one in the derby. Also Embley will poll some votes too he possibly had two 3 point games and had a pretty good finish to season.

I'm on Selwood, think the umpires will feeed him 3's, when he maybe only deserves a 1 or a 2. They love his toughness,

It's Sportsbet that is offering most club votes.

Will they let me put this multi in;

stkilda most team votes
BRISBANE - S.Black
Ablett leader round 11
RUCK GROUP - Sandilands

With those machines at the TAB it doesn't actually tell you if you can or can't until you actually submit it, which means you can't actually plan your bets until you go to the TAB.

Thanks

It's Sportsbet that is offering most club votes.

Will they let me put this multi in;

stkilda most team votes
BRISBANE - S.Black
Ablett leader round 11
RUCK GROUP - Sandilands

With those machines at the TAB it doesn't actually tell you if you can or can't until you actually submit it, which means you can't actually plan your bets until you go to the TAB.

Thanks

I'm pretty sure they wouldn't let you put in a multi like that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My multi...

Vince top ADEL
Judd top Carl
J Brown top Bris
Sandi top Freo
Davey top melb
boomer top Kang
Lecras top WCE
Tredrea top Port

Rekon they will let me at the TAB?

Lenny Hayes is out to $61 on the TAB to lead after round 11. If anything I thought he was going to come in once everyone started looking back over the season.

Dean Cox is $51. Lol.

stkilda most team votes
BRISBANE - S.Black
Ablett leader round 11
RUCK GROUP - Sandilands

they will allow that
they dont allow for example

S black in his group + s black most team votes.

Lenny Hayes is out to $61 on the TAB to lead after round 11. If anything I thought he was going to come in once everyone started looking back over the season.

Dean Cox is $51. Lol.

Not touching round 11 leader
i did put a $10er on Hayes just because of value though.
But selwood/judd/ablett/hayes could all take it.

My multi...

Vince top ADEL
Judd top Carl
J Brown top Bris
Sandi top Freo
Davey top melb
boomer top Kang
Lecras top WCE
Tredrea top Port

they will allow that but imo Black > JB, Mclean = Davey = Syvlia, Tredrea = Pearce.

I don't think Ablett will win, Chappy, Stevie J and Selwood will take too many votes off of him. Wouldn't be suprised if Judd/Goodes or Black win.

Go over abletts season, read about it, read the stats and you will surely change your mind, in 6 of there wins he hasd had 30+ disposals and kicked 2 or more goals, and in 11 of there wins 30+ disposals and atleast a goal, surely his home, i can't see him missing out this year unless swan pips him but he goes in as a deserving favourite for mine

Go over abletts season, read about it, read the stats and you will surely change your mind, in 6 of there wins he hasd had 30+ disposals and kicked 2 or more goals, and in 11 of there wins 30+ disposals and atleast a goal, surely his home, i can't see him missing out this year unless swan pips him but he goes in as a deserving favourite for mine

Im sure I read an identical post last year. Its the Brownlow mate, we all know he *should* win, but its unpredictable.

Not touching round 11 leader
i did put a $10er on Hayes just because of value though.
But selwood/judd/ablett/hayes could all take it.

My multi...

Vince top ADEL
Judd top Carl
J Brown top Bris
Sandi top Freo
Davey top melb
boomer top Kang
Lecras top WCE
Tredrea top Port

they will allow that but imo Black > JB, Mclean = Davey = Syvlia, Tredrea = Pearce.

brown should get 17-18 votes with 4-5 BOGs so i think he has black covered...

Davey was BOG in 2 of melbournes 4 wins and with only 7 games they could poll in he should hold on...

Tredrea has 9 votes for his 3 BOGS and that should hold off the rest ... also at 5.50 he adds value to the bet...

Judd out to $9 on TAB. :eek:

Have people forgotten who he is? Great value IMO with potential to poll mid 20's.

Remove this Banner Ad

Brownlow Medal 2009 (Part 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back