Brownlow Medal 2009 (Part 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Brownlow Medal part 3

$40 on Ablett/ Hayes quinella... long shot yes but paying $71.

i got on that too saw it at 61 then power went out for an hour when it cam back it was 37 :( not real happy

i dont see how hayes has stayed at such high odds... eveyone on here seems to have him in their multies, how has he not shortened dramatically:confused::confused::confused:

Haven't put all that much on this year, but cleaned up last year thanks to getting on Cooney in pre-season. No major bets, but have a few multis riding on Vince leading the Crows and Watson winning his group.

Had my own count running throughout the year. Ablett clearly in front after round 22.

Have put a little on Power to win his TAB group. Have him polling 15, with Gibbs on 14.

i got on that too saw it at 61 then power went out for an hour when it cam back it was 37 :( not real happy

i dont see how hayes has stayed at such high odds... eveyone on here seems to have him in their multies, how has he not shortened dramatically:confused::confused::confused:

BF probaly doesnt even account for 0.1% of the bets.

Good luck everyone who bet tonight! :)
My bets in the Brownlow Medal Punting thread haha.

Ablett to win! Montagna/Hayes to threaten with Judd/Swan/Goodes close. Swan could easily come 2nd but I'm hoping for 4th or worse. :p

alot of people just follow the hype when betting. They don't do their research to find where the best value is

well ive gone with the Guru!! this has been browns best year and i think hell have a few 3's in him
Browns 07 was better than his 09.

Winner between 24-26 votes

Winner: Ablett 24-27 votes (round 11 if he gets none, ill go for 24 and 3 ill go for 27 ect)
2nd: Judd (9.50 for the win at TAB and 6.70 for the leader at half time, he is way overs on both, i reckon he will lead coming in at round 11)
3rd: Swan (dont bet on him on anything,unless the 1.01 for most pie votes is an anchor)

Unknown/Black knight: Montagna

Roughies: M.Murphy and L.Hayes

Saints: really difficult to poll, i had Dal Santo on 23 in my first up predictions which was 1-2 behind voth Ablett and Swan, hadnt done Judd yet.

Leigh Montagna will be super interesting to see how he polls, if Dal Santo and Riewoldt dont rally than expect him to take home the charlie with 20 wins. He could stand out heaps or stand out little i think he has polled both 9 votes in each of his last 2 years, i think hes a great bet at $12 and way over, should be top 4 favourite.

Dal Santo was a good poller before last year but his effect on games is very little now, he gets 39 effective posses and yet people cant say he was BOG.

Riewoldt, simply a forward IMO, hes been the best AFL footballer this year and that is why he is the CHF captain of the AA side.

Hayes, well he could have the biggest impact on games besides his captain than any other player in the comp and maybe behind Goodes. He showed this against dogs, he stands out with clearances, tackles ferocity, as many have said he is way overs on anything. Money on him to lead at round 11, top 3, top 5 leader of saint votes and to win are all easy propositions. Hayes polls well and has had an enormous year. Him and Montagna for me to battle for most saint votes. GET MONEY ON HIM I HAVE!! ON ANYTHING, EVERYONE ON HERE KNOWS YET HE IS MORE LIKLEY PUSHING OUT THAN SHORTENING (UMBLIEVABLE). Bookies have mad a massive mistake.

At the star of the season i put
$10 on Ablett - mainly to cover my other bets at $6.50 = $65
$10 on Swan - i hope he wins but unlikely for me and 3rd to 5th looks most likely, before season started pyaing 101-1 = 1010 return
$20 on Selwood at 17-1 = to win $340
$10 on my other roughie with Swan, was Murphy paying over IMO at 81-1 = 810 return

Than i have money on Judd to lead at round 11 along with Hayes, i like my chances especially if Ablett doesnt get the start most think.

Fantasy bets
Anchors: (Most team votes) Goodes, Swan, Judd, Ablett (young guns) Rich
Savers:
Brown, Black
Boyd,Cooney
Watson, Stanton
Vince, S.Thompson
Selwood, Lecras

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NDS flying.

Kosi the unknown :p

Judd with 3. Everyone predicted he would be on 6-7 after 3 rounds. Concerning.

Tredders gets his 3.

Remove this Banner Ad

Brownlow Medal 2009 (Part 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back