Brownlow Medal 2010 (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Brownlow Medal 2010

Didn't notice power much. I thought McLean, Drummond, Brennan and Rischitelli were better. Even Black could've snuck in, was on the bottom of enough packs.

Changed mine to: Brown, Murphy, Brennan

Brennan was pretty good all night and made a lot of tackles, but that mark in the last quarter might help him stand out a bit more to the umps just before they do their votes.

for stats buffs if barlow nabs 3 votes when was the last time a debutant got 3 votes?? would have to be a fair while....

for stats buffs if barlow nabs 3 votes when was the last time a debutant got 3 votes?? would have to be a fair while....
Mark McGough got 2 votes on his debut in round 4, 2002 (and 3 the following week on ANZAC Day). That's about the closest that's happened in recent times.

i have been outlaying a fair bit of $ on the brownlow over the last couple of years but have noticed that centrebet aren't accepting multi's on team votes this year? is this correct?

i have been outlaying a fair bit of $ on the brownlow over the last couple of years but have noticed that centrebet aren't accepting multi's on team votes this year? is this correct?

Hope not, that's where I made mint last season. Will be crushed if no agencies offer team multi's.

Hey guys, just wanting a bit of feedback on my Champion Data to Brownlow votes converter.

As some people may recall, I was interested in getting the Champion Data votes from previous years and made a thread about it late last year. I ended up collecting the votes game by game over the holidays and covered 3 years of results. The formula that I've come up with that will be tested this year is using the players CD votes and Brownlow votes to find the average amount of Brownlow votes given when a player is given a certain amount of CD votes.

For example - Marc Murphy has received 26 votes over the past 3 years at the Brownlow, also during this time he has received 21 CD votes. To figure out the average amount of Brownlow votes when a number of CD votes are given I divide the 26 Brownlow votes by the 21 CD votes. This gives an average of 1.24 Brownlow votes per CD vote. Obviously this is only one example and the system is a bit flawed, Ryan Griffen received 2 CD votes yesterday and has a Brownlow to CD ratio of 14:1, so he is currently on 28 votes by my system:eek:. Obviously this overexaggerated result will be ignored but the results of the system will be interesting at the end of round 22.

I'm thinking of implementing a different system where weighting is given to more recent results. For example 50% of the ratio will depend on 2009 Brownlow to CD Votes, 35% of the ratio will depend on 2008 Brownlow to CD votes and 15% will depend on the 2007 Brownlow to CD votes.

The system has given out these results so far...

Ryan Griffen - 28
Jordan Lewis - 6.33
Nick Riewoldt - 5.47
Jonathan Brown - 5.11
Michael Barlow - 5
Eddie Betts - 4.5
Adam Cooney - 4.15
Brent Stanton - 3.6
Dane Swan - 3.57
Shannon Byrnes - 3.33
Sam Mitchell - 2.88
Ryan O'Keefe - 2.67
Paul Hasleby - 2.63
Nick Malceski - 2.57
Marc Murphy - 2.48
Luke Hodge - 2.42
Kane Cornes - 2.4
Travis Boak - 2.33
Daniel Cross - 2.32
Jack Grimes - 2
Jason Davenport - 2
Mark Seaby - 2
Luke Power - 1.83
Brad Green 1.8
Leigh Montagna - 1.77
Joel Selwood - 1.68
Andrew Carrazzo - 1.6
Heath Shaw - 1.1
Nick Dal Santo - 1.09
Paul Bower - 1
Dom Cassisi - 1
Liam Anthony - 1
Luke McPharlin - 1
Heath Scotland - 1
Adam Selwood - 1
Ben McGlynn - 1
Courtenay Dempsey - 1
Michael Rishitelli - 0.86
Brendan Goddard - 0.83
Leon Davis - 0.73
Paul Duffield - 0.27

I'm not sure how to but I'll need to make the votes relative to the amount of votes given over the season. Majority of the players with a chance at the brownlow/team winner have medium to large sample sizes so that helps as opposed to player like Davenport, Grime and others with either a small sample size or none at all.

If anyone has any questions about the system I'm happy to answer them:thumbsu:

10581653.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So aussie gun - how does ur vote system work?

I'm agreeing with basically every one of ur votes
I just give votes to who I think will get them. He stood out basically. I don't really have a system. I also just write down who else played well or stood out in the last quarter. For the Geelong game I just added that Ablett finished off well and Ottens had some game changing moments.

how did u go last year?
Only started doing the count mid year but I ended up winning just over $2000. If Tredrea had one more vote it would have been about $7000. Got Ablett with 30 votes but like many I got Swan way off. Gave too many votes to the good players so I'm trying to spread them this year.

I just give votes to who I think will get them. He stood out basically. I don't really have a system. I also just write down who else played well or stood out in the last quarter. For the Geelong game I just added that Ablett finished off well and Ottens had some game changing moments.

Only started doing the count mid year but I ended up winning just over $2000. If Tredrea had one more vote it would have been about $7000. Got Ablett with 30 votes but like many I got Swan way off. Gave too many votes to the good players so I'm trying to spread them this year.

I think your on the money mate!

Too many people rely on stats and it's just totally stupid...from my knowledge contested possies is the only thing to look at

also players who kick 3-4 goals usually get 1 vote and even 6+ sometimes only get 2 votes and only super human efforts get 3 votes in losing side and they have to be lilked players

I also take note of a player if they spray the umps

they won't get votes even if they have 40 touched ala greg Williams

I'll be following your count closely mate

I use a similar method by noting who played well at the end

AG, i also do my count by watching games and not so much by stats. but its tough to get around to watching a reply of every game, what do u do for games you don't see?

my vote system is a bit different though, because i generally try to give 3 and 2 votes to who i think stand out, then a shared 1 vote between a few players because generally there are a lot that can sneak the one and even two votes in some cases.
so i end up with players at the end of the year having a range of votes eg. 12-16, which i found most players final votes fell between.

just about this weeks games, i thought haselby, adam selwood and chapman would poll but you don't have them. thoughts? cheers

AG, i also do my count by watching games and not so much by stats. but its tough to get around to watching a reply of every game, what do u do for games you don't see?
Normally see about 5 games. I base the games I miss on the reactions from club boards on BF to see who was best. You can get a better feel on this site compared to the match reports from the media.

just about this weeks games, i thought haselby, adam selwood and chapman would poll but you don't have them. thoughts? cheers
Forgot Hasleby, he should get votes so I'll put him in for 1 vote. I barely noticed Chapman for some reason, thought there were 5 or 6 others ahead of him. Selwood was good but not a standout. Could get the 1 vote though. Davenport was the match winner and Nic Nat stood out in the middle.

HI GUYS HAVE RAN MY OWN COUNT FOR 3 YEARS AND HAVE BEEN LUCKY SO FAR HAVE PICKED THE WINNERS EVRYTIME 07,08 AND 09
WE ALL HAVE OUR OWN WAYS OF LOOKING AT IT AND THROUGH PLENTY OF STUDY ON THE BROWNLOW ITS EASIER TO SEE HOW THE UMPIRES SEE IT
OF COURSE ITS NOT 100% BUT IVE MADE SOME GOOD MONEY IN THE PAST COONEY/BLACK QUINELLA PAID 151/1 1N 08

ALL THE POINTS U GUYS MAKE R VERY GOOD ONE OTHER THING TO LOOK AT IS FREE'S FOR AND AGAINST THEY R AROUND THE UMPIRES MORE OFTEN UNLESS THE FREE AGAINST OR REPORT IS TOO AGRESIVE THEY SEEM TO POLL VOTES THE UMPS ALSO FOLLOW TRENDS IF A PLAYER IS UP FOR A MONTH FOR INSTANCE HE'S MORE LIKELY EVEN IF HE PLAYS A LESSER GAME TO SOME OTHERS AND THEY DEFFINATLY HAVE THEIR FAVORITES ANOTHER THING IVE FOUND IS DISREGARD TACKLES I MADE THE MISTAKE WITH BOYD LAST YEAR AND I WAS A LONG WAY OFF HE'S SCORE IVE BEEN TWEAKING THIS EVERY TIME AND HOPEFULLY IT CAN BE MORE ACCURATE THIS TIME COS ITS NOT WHO WINS WHERE U MAKE MONRY ITS CLUB BY CLUB MULTI'S THAT WHERE U CAN REALLY CLEAN UP SO ALL THE MINOR VOTES MAKE A BIG DIFFERENCE

ALSO I HAVE A MATHEMATICAL TIPPING SYSTEM IM TRYING TO FINE TUNE SO FAR ITS PICKED 8 BOTH WEEKS ANOTHER WAY TO $$$
WILL POST THAT FRI

IM NEW TO THIS FORUM AND LOOK FORWARD TO SHARING IDEAS WITH EVERYONE SO HOPEFULLY WE ALL CASH IN AT THE END

NEVER CARED MUCH FOR PUNCTUATION

CHEERS

ROUND 1

CAR V RICH GEE V ESS HAW V MELB
3.A.CARRAZZO 3.J.BARTEL 3.L.HODGE
2.M.KRUEZER 2.B.STANTON 2.S.MITCHEL
1.E.BETTS 1.G.ABLETT 1.C.BROWN

STK V SYD BRIS V WCE PORT V KANG
3.N.REIWOLDT 3.J.BRENNAN 3.K.CORNES
2.R.O'KEFFE 2.J.BROWN 2.B.EBERT
1.L.MONTAGNA 1.L.POWER 1.T.BOAK

COLL V WBULL FREM V ADE
3.D.SWAN 3.M.BARLOW
2.A.DIDAK 2.P.DUFFIELD
1.M.BOYD 1.L.McPHARLIN

ROUND 2

BRIS V CARL MELB V COLL STK V KANG
3.J.BROWN 3.R.PETTERD 3.N.REIWOLDT
2.M.MURPHY 2.D.BEAMS 2.B.GODDARD
1.J.BRENNAN 1.B.GREEN 1.N.DAL SANTO

PORT V WCE SYD V ADE FRE V ESS
3.T.BOAK 3.B.McGLYNN 3.A.SANDILANDS
2.N.NATANUI 2.R.O'KEFFE 2.M.BARLOW
1.J.DAVENPORT 1.P.DANGERFEILD 1.P.HASELBY

WBULL V RICH GEE V HAW LEADERBOARD
3.A.COONEY 3.J.BARTEL J.BARTEL 6
2.M.HAHN 2.S.MITCHEL N.REIWOLDT 6
1.S.HIGGINS 1.G.ABLETT J.BROWN 5
M.BARLOW 5
R.O'KEFFE 4
J.BRENNAN 4
T.BOAK 4

Great post!

I think players in the media seem to get more votes too

im loving this thread it will fetch us some cash

boak is $10 on centrebet

I'm going to write them an email complaining how they took away brownlow multi bets

do any other sites offer most team votes?

Sportsbet usually let u link most club vote multi's but wont have it up until the finals start then in true sportsbet fasion a few days leading up to the count they wont let u multi them so once rd 22 is done and they have that market up best time to get on

cheers

Does anyone rate Ablett's game on Monday? Just read an article on how little impact he had, but watching the game he got the Cats going in the third quarter and was great in the last. He and Bartel clear 3 and 2 for me. I also noticed no-one has given him votes here.

Does anyone rate Ablett's game on Monday? Just read an article on how little impact he had, but watching the game he got the Cats going in the third quarter and was great in the last. He and Bartel clear 3 and 2 for me. I also noticed no-one has given him votes here.
I gave him 2 and bartel 3. It wasnt his best game but his last quarter he seemed to be everywhere.

hey steve
ive got ablett for one vote
yeah he got caught a lot and some of his stuff was ineffective but they will notice the last qtr and the fact that the cats ran home on the back of that
i thought he was a chance for 2 but in those types of games the best loser or the one they love or notice the most usually gets the 2 and they seem to split the winning teams best 2

bartel has to get 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back