Brownlow Medal 2010 (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really like Pendles for the Collingwood team votes now, with JR8 for the tigers and maybe even Selwood for the cats after this weekends games so far.

In a way its probably for the best (for me anyway) we cant put multi-bets on until after round 22

3. Pendles
2. Thomas
1. S Thompson

Johncock was really good with his run and stood out however i think Thompson was better and should take the 1. What do you reckon BK?

Im worried about the Sydney and WBD game, Jack and Bolton were worrying me with Goodes, they will prob share the 3 and 2 with Goodes the 1 however ill have to watch the full game (watched peices + stats) before i can eveluate.

3. Pbury/Thompson
2. Pbury/Thompson
1. Thomas

can't split em

yeah pendles def into about $10

With any luck the ave punters will still come for swan after the media stuff this week, the more I think about it swan won't win he will poll better than last year but he just doesn't look clean or damaging enough to get what's needed.

Buy this logic pendulbury must be getting some of swans votes on top of he"s own I think Lenny needs a bog next week otherwise it's looking like p bury has it from here

Only tightened it up further. My 'live' leaderboard now looks like this:

22 - Judd, J.Selwood
21 - Swan, Pendlebury, Ablett
19 - Hodge
18 - Montagna

5 horse race.

watched the bulldogs/swans match, not easy to pick the votes there, probably all swans i thought jack was the one for me, thought he was best on up to half time and continued to find it in the second half.

i thought hannebery finished strongly and dennis-lane was the best forward on the ground with 4 goals really didnt think bolton or goodes had any major impact. i'd go with jack, hannebery and dennis-lane as the 3 most likely with goodes, bolton, kennelly and mcveigh possible chances.

watched the bulldogs/swans match, not easy to pick the votes there, probably all swans i thought jack was the one for me, thought he was best on up to half time and continued to find it in the second half.

i thought hannebery finished strongly and dennis-lane was the best forward on the ground with 4 goals really didnt think bolton or goodes had any major impact. i'd go with jack, hannebery and dennis-lane as the 3 most likely with goodes, bolton, kennelly and mcveigh possible chances.

Yeah I went to the game and thought it was quite tough to judge. I still have not looked at any stats or anything, so am trying to get a feel to how the umpires may perceive a game. IMO Jack and TDL were the 2 that stood out. Like I said I have not seen any stats, but feel that Kirk may get a vote due to the circumstances.. but dont know if the umpires would take this into account.

Not convinced Pendlebury will poll 3, however he should poll, was again outstanding in heavy traffic and kept us in the game early.

Thompson, Thomas and Johncock are the main dangers, I'd put Pendlebury down for 2. Very happy I loaded up on him, again, on Friday.

Swan won't poll tonight, he had a shocker, so will heopfully ease in the markets.

The Bets I put on Judd Selwood Pendlebury into Coll Geel Sk into Jack Reiwoldt Coleman is looking quite good atm :D

good work carpsi i reckon jack r was a given $2.15 just boosts it up nicely hawks/lenny could be the smoky otherwise u look to have it covered:thumbsu:

The Bets I put on Judd Selwood Pendlebury into Coll Geel Sk into Jack Reiwoldt Coleman is looking quite good atm :D
You might as well wait in the queue as surely you will hit something ! You'll see me standing at the front of the queue.

4 real main chances now I reckon - Hodge ( has stopped polling last 4 weeks though ), Judd, Pendlebury ( finishing year off really well ) and Selwood ( ditto ). Then Hayes the other main one. I'm happy to feel that Swan ( poor polling last year and not so clean ) and Ablett ( last year winner syndrome ) won't win for reasons that many of us have been writing for weeks.

The quinellas will be great value without the 2 favs.

Last night I went :

Pendlebury 3
Thompson 2
Thomas 1

Go pendles & go Thompson!!

Bk - Gary Davis might be sleeping a little uneasy the next month haha

I'm tempted to whack my cc limit on selwood most votes at cattery

Last night I went :

Pendlebury 3
Thompson 2
Thomas 1

The perfect game with Pendles getting the 3, Thompson possibly getting the 2, and Swan not polling.

Think that makes Pendles a solid option for Collingwood's most votes now, and thankfully Thompson should poll 1-2 votes to sure up the Adelaide most votes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Go pendles & go Thompson!!

Bk - Gary Davis might be sleeping a little uneasy the next month haha

I'm tempted to whack my cc limit on selwood most votes at cattery
I reckon that Gary Davies lives in fairy land a little when it comes to the Brownlow medal. Right now he would think that Swan is over the line and that Ablett is the only danger.

I'll write a summary of how Brownlow night will play out for Gary Davies :

Gary will decide not to go to a Brownlow function as it's been such a long year and Grand Final week is such a tiring one. Instead Gary will stay at home with his wife to watch the count on TV together. They will have a quiet dinner prepared by Mrs Davies of chicken fillet and vegies and they will share a nice bottle of Riesling together. Gary's mobile will ring a couple of times over dinner with his staff advising him of some of the last minute larger Brownlow bets. " Mug " Gary mumbles as he hangs up the phone after taking a call to advise him that someone has had $10,000 on Scott Pendlebury at $9.
Gary and his wife have a cup of tea and then they retire to the lounge room to watch the count.

Gary is in his usual armchair and has a blanket over his lap and their family cat curls up in her usual position on his lap. During the first half of the count everything is going exactly to plan for Gary and as he nibbles on the chicken sandwiches with no crust that his wife has prepared at the half way mark Gary is already starting to think of the Grand Final where Collingwood are playing Geelong and the exciting week ahead.

As the votes are read thru rounds 12 to 16 Gary still sees no cause for concern and is really enjoying the night on the couch. As Demetrio rolls thru rounds 17 to 20 Gary starts to note that he is hearing Pendlebury and Selwoods names a lot more. He asks his wife to pass his glasses so that he can get a better look at the leaderboard that he always thinks is too small. He is dismayed to see that Pendlebury is equal leader with Judd and Selwood 1 behind. He can't see Swan in the top 5.

Gary then pushes the cat away, throws his rug to the ground and briskly moves to the kitchen to grab his mobile from where it was left on his dinner table. He calls his manager of the AFL betting team to enquire about their exposure on the 3 leaders. He vaguely remembers large doubles involving all 3 of them into both Collingwood and Geelong. He starts to feel alarmed when his manager exclaims " Gaz, we are in trouble here as all 3 of them have been backed to win $500k + ". Gary assures him that it will be OK and not to worry and that they will chat again after the count.

It is like Chinese torture when Gary has to watch the votes read out for the last 2 rounds and he is feeling pretty ordinary when he has to watch the roar from the Collingwood table as Scott Pendlebury is announced as the winner of the 2010 Brownlow medal. He starts thinking that his early retirement plans could be in jeopardy. He then sees a call from his AFL betting manager who screams thru the phone " Gaz we are screwed ". " I know " says Gary. " The most votes per team multi's have ruined us " Gaz hears thru the phone as he falls to his knees in absolute disbelief !!!

" Oh my God ", " Oh my God " is all that the neighbours recall hearing from Gary's house until the early hours of Tuesday morning.

Pendles :thumbsu: Went to the game last night and was tempted to go into the TAB at Flinders St. and put some money on him.

If Swan doesn't get the BOG's that people think he might then surely Pendles is next in line. Don't think Didak will get many votes. He had a purple patch late last year and hardly set the world on fire with votes.

Get on Pendles guys :thumbsu: Feels even better when he's my favourite player.

Yep Selwood and Pendles absoloutly flying home.
If they snag some votes in earlier games that they arent expected to they will be in very god shape.
Selwood is the kind of player that gets votes in iffy games where there is no standouts because the umps love him (Black and Goodes style).
Really looking forward to this years count but Swan still the man to beat but only just.
Round 22 could be vital.

I reckon that Gary Davies lives in fairy land a little when it comes to the Brownlow medal. Right now he would think that Swan is over the line and that Ablett is the only danger.

I'll write a summary of how Brownlow night will play out for Gary Davies :

Gary will decide not to go to a Brownlow function as it's been such a long year and Grand Final week is such a tiring one. Instead Gary will stay at home with his wife to watch the count on TV together. They will have a quiet dinner prepared by Mrs Davies of chicken fillet and vegies and they will share a nice bottle of Riesling together. Gary's mobile will ring a couple of times over dinner with his staff advising him of some of the last minute larger Brownlow bets. " Mug " Gary mumbles as he hangs up the phone after taking a call to advise him that someone has had $10,000 on Scott Pendlebury at $9.
Gary and his wife have a cup of tea and then they retire to the lounge room to watch the count.

Gary is in his usual armchair and has a blanket over his lap and their family cat curls up in her usual position on his lap. During the first half of the count everything is going exactly to plan for Gary and as he nibbles on the chicken sandwiches with no crust that his wife has prepared at the half way mark Gary is already starting to think of the Grand Final where Collingwood are playing Geelong and the exciting week ahead.

As the votes are read thru rounds 12 to 16 Gary still sees no cause for concern and is really enjoying the night on the couch. As Demetrio rolls thru rounds 17 to 20 Gary starts to note that he is hearing Pendlebury and Selwoods names a lot more. He asks his wife to pass his glasses so that he can get a better look at the leaderboard that he always thinks is too small. He is dismayed to see that Pendlebury is equal leader with Judd and Selwood 1 behind. He can't see Swan in the top 5.

Gary then pushes the cat away, throws his rug to the ground and briskly moves to the kitchen to grab his mobile from where it was left on his dinner table. He calls his manager of the AFL betting team to enquire about their exposure on the 3 leaders. He vaguely remembers large doubles involving all 3 of them into both Collingwood and Geelong. He starts to feel alarmed when his manager exclaims " Gaz, we are in trouble here as all 3 of them have been backed to win $500k + ". Gary assures him that it will be OK and not to worry and that they will chat again after the count.

It is like Chinese torture when Gary has to watch the votes read out for the last 2 rounds and he is feeling pretty ordinary when he has to watch the roar from the Collingwood table as Scott Pendlebury is announced as the winner of the 2010 Brownlow medal. He starts thinking that his early retirement plans could be in jeopardy. He then sees a call from his AFL betting manager who screams thru the phone " Gaz we are screwed ". " I know " says Gary. " The most votes per team multi's have ruined us " Gaz hears thru the phone as he falls to his knees in absolute disbelief !!!

" Oh my God ", " Oh my God " is all that the neighbours recall hearing from Gary's house until the early hours of Tuesday morning.

Post of the year. Just making him reach for his glasses to read the leaderboard and him getting a call saying "Gaz, we're in a bit of trouble" would be enough for me. I applaud you BK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back