Status
Not open for further replies.
Votes: Coll vs Adel.

3. Daisy Thomas.
2. Stiffy Johncock/Thompson
1. Scott Pendelbury.

I had Thomas a clear 3.

I thought Stiffy played a good game, cant see Collingwood
getting 3 and 2 and such a tough affair.

Yep Selwood and Pendles absoloutly flying home.
If they snag some votes in earlier games that they arent expected to they will be in very god shape.
Selwood is the kind of player that gets votes in iffy games where there is no standouts because the umps love him (Black and Goodes style).
Really looking forward to this years count but Swan still the man to beat but only just.
Round 22 could be vital.

Swan is the obvious favourite. Hodge will be thereabouts.

At the game last night; thought Pendles locked up the three.

3. Pendlebury
2. Johncock
1. Thomas/Swan

I love Swanny as much as any other Collingwood supporter but he wont get close to getting a vote. He was poor but can't bag him he had 12 great games before last nights shocker.

Will be a tough game for the umps to vote on. It was one ugly game.

It appears that Pendlebury will get the 3 votes and Swan 0. Really makes things interesting now. Pendlebury will be into $10 on Monday I reckon. Hodge will be out the gate.

Didn't see the game but very happy with most of you giving Pendles the 3

I backed him at the start of the season- 40 on @51 and Pendles/Pies double 10 on @ 560

Pendles is my only Brownlow bet, so its all or nothing.

Swan was shocking last night. Had some decent numbers but had a lot more cheapies than usual and made a couple of bad mistakes late (Free kick against and kicked out on the full in the back 50)

Jonhncock was good but I'd be surprised if Thompson didn't poll instead of him - It is a midfielders medal, after all.

I have the same, as well as Hayes into Coll Gee Sk. Definitely looking good!

I forgot to mention I also have Hayes into those 3.
Was going to put more on hayes during the week but after I saw he wasnt playing I held off. Im not confident he can win it. Maybe a top 3 chance however.

I reckon that Gary Davies lives in fairy land a little when it comes to the Brownlow medal. Right now he would think that Swan is over the line and that Ablett is the only danger.

I'll write a summary of how Brownlow night will play out for Gary Davies :

Gary will decide not to go to a Brownlow function as it's been such a long year and Grand Final week is such a tiring one. Instead Gary will stay at home with his wife to watch the count on TV together. They will have a quiet dinner prepared by Mrs Davies of chicken fillet and vegies and they will share a nice bottle of Riesling together. Gary's mobile will ring a couple of times over dinner with his staff advising him of some of the last minute larger Brownlow bets. " Mug " Gary mumbles as he hangs up the phone after taking a call to advise him that someone has had $10,000 on Scott Pendlebury at $9.
Gary and his wife have a cup of tea and then they retire to the lounge room to watch the count.

Gary is in his usual armchair and has a blanket over his lap and their family cat curls up in her usual position on his lap. During the first half of the count everything is going exactly to plan for Gary and as he nibbles on the chicken sandwiches with no crust that his wife has prepared at the half way mark Gary is already starting to think of the Grand Final where Collingwood are playing Geelong and the exciting week ahead.

As the votes are read thru rounds 12 to 16 Gary still sees no cause for concern and is really enjoying the night on the couch. As Demetrio rolls thru rounds 17 to 20 Gary starts to note that he is hearing Pendlebury and Selwoods names a lot more. He asks his wife to pass his glasses so that he can get a better look at the leaderboard that he always thinks is too small. He is dismayed to see that Pendlebury is equal leader with Judd and Selwood 1 behind. He can't see Swan in the top 5.

Gary then pushes the cat away, throws his rug to the ground and briskly moves to the kitchen to grab his mobile from where it was left on his dinner table. He calls his manager of the AFL betting team to enquire about their exposure on the 3 leaders. He vaguely remembers large doubles involving all 3 of them into both Collingwood and Geelong. He starts to feel alarmed when his manager exclaims " Gaz, we are in trouble here as all 3 of them have been backed to win $500k + ". Gary assures him that it will be OK and not to worry and that they will chat again after the count.

It is like Chinese torture when Gary has to watch the votes read out for the last 2 rounds and he is feeling pretty ordinary when he has to watch the roar from the Collingwood table as Scott Pendlebury is announced as the winner of the 2010 Brownlow medal. He starts thinking that his early retirement plans could be in jeopardy. He then sees a call from his AFL betting manager who screams thru the phone " Gaz we are screwed ". " I know " says Gary. " The most votes per team multi's have ruined us " Gaz hears thru the phone as he falls to his knees in absolute disbelief !!!

" Oh my God ", " Oh my God " is all that the neighbours recall hearing from Gary's house until the early hours of Tuesday morning.

BK you also forgot to add when Gary answers the phone he says " The most team votes per team multis have ruined us, This is the last time we will be allowing brownlow votes to be multied".

If we take them to the cleaners I feel this is what will happen:thumbsdown:

Lol, funny post bk.
Bk, just curious to see who u gave votes to for the Geelong Carlton game on Friday?
Gee it was really hard to pick and I will be working out my votes for all games over the next 48 hours.
I was on the beers at the game so I'll need to have another look at it. I thought Selwood was v good but everyone I was with thought Chappy best on clearly. Ablett with his bald nut really stood out in the last qtr but was v v quiet in 1st half.

I'd say that I'll give Selwood 2 and Gazza 0. Who gets the 3 doesn't really matter. Chapman ( who did argue a bit ) and Podsiadly may get votes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Put a bit on Boak and Cassisi to win ports at $11 and $7.25 respectively.
They are both having devastating games at the moment.

Value was just to good:eek:

BK you also forgot to add when Gary answers the phone he says " The most team votes per team multis have ruined us, This is the last time we will be allowing brownlow votes to be multied".

If we take them to the cleaners I feel this is what will happen:thumbsdown:
Yeah we should treat every year they offer them from now on as a bonus.

In saying that it is gambling and there can aways be upsets. It would not totally shock for the following guys to win their team votes and we would probably all lose :

Adel - Goodwin
Bris - Black
Coll - O'Brien
Ess - Fletcher
Freo - Mundy
Geel - Bartel
Haw - Rioli
Melb - Moloney
North - Swallow
Port - K. Cornes
Rich - Deledio
StK - Montagna
Syd - J Bolton
WC - Lecras
Dogs - Cross

If all this happenned I won't collect a cent on the team votes. One year the voting could easily change ( backmen start getting votes etc. ) and we could all be caught out.

At the game last night; thought Pendles locked up the three.
3. Pendlebury
2. Johncock
1. Thomas/Swan

Swan was shocking last night. Had some decent numbers but had a lot more cheapies than usual and made a couple of bad mistakes late (Free kick against and kicked out on the full in the back 50)

Jonhncock was good but I'd be surprised if Thompson didn't poll instead of him - It is a midfielders medal, after all.

I love Swanny as much as any other Collingwood supporter but he wont get close to getting a vote. He was poor but can't bag him he had 12 great games before last nights shocker.

Will be a tough game for the umps to vote on. It was one ugly game.

Fair calls by both of you.

Just giving my opinion, based on my vantage point.

I thought Johncock gave the Crows a lot of run out of defence, and given that Collingwood struggled to get it deep into their forward 50 for prolonged periods, I thought Johncock might stand out.

And I thought Swan's second half was much better than his first, so that might stand out in the ump's eyes.

Yeah we should treat every year they offer them from now on as a bonus.

In saying that it is gambling and there can aways be upsets. It would not totally shock for the following guys to win their team votes and we would probably all lose :

Adel - Goodwin
Bris - Black
Coll - O'Brien
Ess - Fletcher
Freo - Mundy
Geel - Bartel
Haw - Rioli
Melb - Moloney
North - Swallow
Port - K. Cornes
Rich - Deledio
StK - Montagna
Syd - J Bolton
WC - Lecras
Dogs - Cross

If all this happenned I won't collect a cent on the team votes. One year the voting could easily change ( backmen start getting votes etc. ) and we could all be caught out.

Would be very scary for that to happen. I think most of them are actually slight chances except for O'Brien, Rioli, Fletcher and Mundy.

Cassisi - 27 d 4 tackles / Boak - 22 d 3 goals

Could be very crucial how the umpires see this one. You would think at least 1 would get votes.

i watched it all, i'd say Boak will definitely get 2 / 3 votes. Cassisi 1 / 2 and R Gray, C Bruce and possibly J Schulz chance for 1

Gee it was really hard to pick and I will be working out my votes for all games over the next 48 hours.
I was on the beers at the game so I'll need to have another look at it. I thought Selwood was v good but everyone I was with thought Chappy best on clearly. Ablett with his bald nut really stood out in the last qtr but was v v quiet in 1st half.

I'd say that I'll give Selwood 2 and Gazza 0. Who gets the 3 doesn't really matter. Chapman ( who did argue a bit ) and Podsiadly may get votes.

Yeah real hard to pick this match. For some reason I dont think Selwood will get the 3 and I think Ablett will poll. Who knows in what order they go. Its pretty important game in the scheme of things hence why Im still thinking about it. Maybe Selwood 2 Ablett 1 or vice versa. Interesting to see how this game pans out on brownlow night.

i watched it all, i'd say Boak will definitely get 2 / 3 votes. Cassisi 1 / 2 and R Gray, C Bruce and possibly J Schulz chance for 1

Yeah, there may be value for Ports most votes but it is going to be hard to find a clear winner.

Just on Most Team Votes, Brown looks to have wrapped it up at Brissy with a BOG performance. Expect him to be odds on come Monday though..

3. J Brown
2.M Rischitelli
1. M Leuenberger

Power/Rich could sneak the 1, but im sure the 3 and 2 will go to Brown and Rischi in that order. Rischi still posses a slight threat to knock off Brown at BL although i think JB would have to be at least a 70% chance to win it. (FWIW i have him 4 ahead of Black and Rischi)

JB has 3 clear BOGS, and a 50/50 at a 4th BOG (round 2, Round 19 and Round 21 the clear BOGS Round 1 personally gave him the 3 but Brennan a chance for the 3)
And another game where he should Poll 1-2.

3. J Brown
2.M Rischitelli
1. M Leuenberger

Power/Rich could sneak the 1, but im sure the 3 and 2 will go to Brown and Rischi in that order. Rischi still posses a slight threat to knock off Brown at BL although i think JB would have to be at least a 70% chance to win it. (FWIW i have him 4 ahead of Black and Rischi)
Nothing for S Black ? I watched the other game so will watch a replay but 32 Poss normally gives Black votes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back