Brownlow Medal 2010 (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing for S Black ? I watched the other game so will watch a replay but 32 Poss normally gives Black votes.

According to my Statician was 31, but yeah i watched the full game didnt notice him much also had a few clangers and missed some tackles. JB was clear BOG amazing game, Rischi kicked 2 goals had 28 possies and set up some goal assists and stood out. Luey dominated the ruck and was influential but Power/Rich could sneak the 1, really cant see Black polling TBH was at least 4 better players than him.

Sure will.

Swallow is a jet and definitely fits the mould of a Brownlow vote getter. I'd be very surprised if he doesn't win one by the time his career is done.

He just kicked his 3rd as I'm typing this.

How much was he paying at Centrebet to win North's votes?

$3.75 will prob close to $3.20 or so after this week would say his about a 40% chance to beat Harvey so well overs.

I'm not disputing he's having a good year but Rischitelli has polled 4 votes in his career and 0 in the last 2 seasons.

Brown has everyone covered at Brisbane comfortably, for mine.

Agree if i was a Bookie id have them as:
65% to win = JB
20% to win = Black
12% to win = Rischitelli
3% to win = Brennan

Assuming Brisbane dont win next week and get 0 votes ill prob use JB in around 20-25% of my multis.

If Swallow gets 3 today and boomer 0, boomer is no longer a safe anchor at North which is a shame.
As someone posted earlier, it's probably saved us all some good cash by not letting us on the team vote multis earlier. I would have locked in Harvey and Goodes as anchors for sure 5 weeks ago.

If Swallow gets 3 today and boomer 0, boomer is no longer a safe anchor at North which is a shame.
As someone posted earlier, it's probably saved us all some good cash by not letting us on the team vote multis earlier. I would have locked in Harvey and Goodes as anchors for sure 5 weeks ago.

What about Goodes now? do you think his a safe anchor? Im personally not worried about Bolton however Jack is concerning me potential 4 BOGS with no polling history. I do think Goodes is home though personally.

In saying that BK who is the threat to Goodes?

Jack is having an incredible end to the season, also hannabery, but I cant see Goodes beaten for Sydney most votes

What about Goodes now? do you think his a safe anchor? Im personally not worried about Bolton however Jack is concerning me potential 4 BOGS with no polling history. I do think Goodes is home though personally.
Yeah fair call, I see a couple of you query why not Goodes. I just feel that at some stage the umps might stop lobbong votes to guys like Goodes. He will probably win Syd votes but J Bolton and Jack very rough chances to knock him over. Jack is the type who could poll well.

Very tough to see Goodes getting beaten, but there is a couple of scares there.

I think Watson and Thompson (Not worried about Douglas) are the 2 best anchors at this stage.

I'll obviously use people like Judd as well but I think this year I won't rely on a certain bunch of anchors as much, if I can avoid it. I think I'll just work with heaps and heaps more combinations, just in case.
Yeah I agree with the not using too many anchors approach. We need to have stacks of bets and spread wide and we are bound to hit something.

Hey guys. I promised I'd post up my votes for the two games I went to, so here they are:

Saint Kilda v Richmond
3. L Montagna (He was EVERYWHERE)
2. J Riewoldt (Impressive, to say the least)
1. B Goddard (What a mark)

Collingwood v Adelaide (Terrible game, hard to vote on)
3. S Pendlebury
2. S Thompson
1. D Thomas/G Johncock.

Will be looking at the odds of Judd/Pendlebury and Selwood closely this week.

On betting strategy, last year (at least with ACTTAB) you were able to multi head to heads with most team votes- these can offer fantastic, high paying anchors. For instance, in 09 I used Gary Ablett to beat Swan in practically all my multi's which paid around 1.80. If one of the favorites gets matched up against, say, a Sandilands ... that would be golden & something I'd be pretty happy to risk.

I'd be much happier with that as an anchor in ~75% of my multis than something like Goodes at Sydney.

Updated Leaderboard:
23 - Judd
21 - Swan
20 - Ablett , Selwood
18 - Harvey
17 - Pendlebury , Hodge , Montagna
16 - Swallow, Hayes

Also really liking Brown and JVolt for there teams now. Thompson and Watson are locks in my book too. Goodes bit scary with Jack now (14 to 11 in mine - Does anyone have Goodes getting 1 this week, I gave it to TDL).

Down to 4 in my books (sorry to the Pendlebury fans ;))

Hey guys, question on Joel Selwood

I'm really liking his run home of late, have put a bit of money on him at odds. He polled well last year, is leading the comp in free's and is one of those players the umps seem to love. In my tally I have him 15-17 votes before the round (admittedly I have only seen 10-12 of Geelong's matches, so have gone off reports etc for the rest.), at this stage it doesn't seem enough to win.

Anyone doing their predictions care to share their breakdown of his votes per game. It would be interesting to see if we can claim him as a genuine contender or not, because at 26 bucks, the value is there!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys, question on Joel Selwood

I'm really liking his run home of late, have put a bit of money on him at odds. He polled well last year, is leading the comp in free's and is one of those players the umps seem to love. In my tally I have him 15-17 votes before the round (admittedly I have only seen 10-12 of Geelong's matches, so have gone off reports etc for the rest.), at this stage it doesn't seem enough to win.

Anyone doing their predictions care to share their breakdown of his votes per game. It would be interesting to see if we can claim him as a genuine contender or not, because at 26 bucks, the value is there!

will not be 26 come monday
should still offer some value for those not yet on

r6 2 votes
r8 1 vote
r10 3 votes
r13 2 votes
r15 1 vote
r16 2 votes
r17 3 votes
r18 1 vote
r19 1 vote
r20 2 votes
r21 3 votes

total 21.

Thoughts on the Port v Melb game?

I thought Jurrah and Bruce were the best for Melbourne, and just really unsure with Port. Schulz, Cornes, Cassisi, Boak and Pearce were all pretty good.

Joel Selwood
Round 6 - 3
Round 8 - 2
Round 10 - 3
Round 11 - 1
Round 13 - 1
Round 15 - 2
Round 16 - 1
Round 17 - 3
Round 18 - 1
Round 20 - 2
Round 21 - 3

Have him Polling in 2 losses, a 2 and 1 so he may poll nothing or a vote less than what i gave eg i gave 2 he might get 1.

Total 22.

Want to see some votes for Port and Melbourne guys! havnt seen the game and its integral for multis!

I thought Jurrah and Bruce were the best for Melbourne, and just really unsure with Port. Schulz, Cornes, Cassisi, Boak and Pearce were all pretty good.

How did you see it? if you were forced to do 3-2-1 now, very interested in this game.

i went
Boak
Cassisi
Bruce

Schulz had 4 Frees for and 5 goals. Was close to BOG for mine. I do agree though that Boak, Cassisi and Bruce were the other 3 best.

I've gone:
Boak/Schulz
Boak/Schulz
Cassisi

with Bruce missing out. Was Schulz not good today? (Missed half the match).

r6 2 votes I gave 3 votes
r8 1 vote 2 votes
r10 3 votes same
r13 2 votes I gave 1 vote
r15 1 vote I gave 0
r16 2 votes same
r17 3 votes same
r18 1 vote I gave 2 votes
r19 1 vote I gave 0
r20 2 votes same
r21 3 votes I gave 2 votes

total 21.
total = 20

Very close to your tally for Selwood really. ;)

r6 2 votes
r8 1 vote
r10 3 votes
r13 2 votes
r15 1 vote
r16 2 votes
r17 3 votes
r18 1 vote
r19 1 vote
r20 2 votes
r21 3 votes

total 21.

Whod you give the 3 to in that game? was it Chappyor SJ? on my tally i have a 3 next to tally with a mark meaning he backchatted the umpire so move him down to 2 and selwood up to 3.

For Round 6 i have:
3. Selwood
2. Chapman
1. SJ

Whod you give the 3 to in that game? was it Chappyor SJ? on my tally i have a 3 next to tally with a mark meaning he backchatted the umpire so move him down to 2 and selwood up to 3.

For Round 6 i have:
3. Selwood
2. Chapman
1. SJ
For R6 I'm
3 Selwood
2 Chapman
1 Podsiadly

I'm confident that Selwood gets the 3 in that match.

Leaning towards Boak for 3 votes.

3. Boak
2. Jurrah
1. Bruce/Schulz

Thanks for that, Looks like boak was clear BOG which is awseome!! ill watch the game tomorrow and assess according to the port board/melbourne board and Stats wise it would seem:

3. Boak
2. Bruce
1. Cassisi/Pearce/Mcdonald

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back