Brownlow Medal 2010 (Part 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although DT_35 obviously based his votes on stats alone I have my own Supercoach/Brownlow predictor which uses the 3-2-1 votes from Supercoach scores to Brownlow votes. It turned very accurate apart from a few, very obvious kinks in the system which were never a chance and will be ironed out next year (Stanton, McDonald, Betts and a few others). Having your own Brownlow count from watching the games is obviously the best way to predict votes but having a stats based system along side is very beneficial.

halfing Goddards total votes would help aswell

Just goes to prove that Judd is the best player in the game right now!!.
Swan may have had a reasonably good year but,as a player,did he drive his team higher individually to greater heights than was reasonably expected?.I say that Swan did not,because Malthouse will not allow this to happen,regardless of the Buckley argument winning the Chaz!!
Judd has changed and evolved his game like no other before him as an outside running receiver into a inside break the pack creator,hence,umpire votes.The greatest modern day player with a hot chick and social concience without the boring and pathetic twitter bollocks of a Harry O'Brien!!
Long live JUDDY AND THE CARLTON FOOTBALL CLUB!!!!!!!!:thumbsu::D:cool:;):thumbsu::)

For the game of AFL Judd>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Swan:)

I like Judd but he was not the best player this year, he just done the hard stuff and stood up in a pretty in inspiring team hence he got 3 votes when if he done the same performance at Geelong or coll he may have missed a vote. So well done to him but Carlton are crap. He helped me collect a 6 figure sum so thank you anyway c Judd. Seeya all next year.

I like Judd but he was not the best player this year, he just done the hard stuff and stood up in a pretty in inspiring team hence he got 3 votes when if he done the same performance at Geelong or coll he may have missed a vote. So well done to him but Carlton are crap. He helped me collect a 6 figure sum so thank you anyway c Judd. Seeya all next year.

You will not make the final 4 next year regardless of bomber Thomsons windfall property deal ouch wow so go **** yrselves ouch

Although DT_35 obviously based his votes on stats alone I have my own Supercoach/Brownlow predictor which uses the 3-2-1 votes from Supercoach scores to Brownlow votes. It turned very accurate apart from a few, very obvious kinks in the system which were never a chance and will be ironed out next year (Stanton, McDonald, Betts and a few others). Having your own Brownlow count from watching the games is obviously the best way to predict votes but having a stats based system along side is very beneficial.

You are correct here. Looking back on stats at the end of the year and stating very confidently a supposed winning position however is not the way to go about it. Watch the match, get a general feel and then sift through the stats.

You will not make the final 4 next year regardless of bomber Thomsons windfall property deal ouch wow so go **** yrselves ouch

Of course Geelong will make the 4, will they win the flag probably not, but we had a good run. There mate that was honesty.
Now your turn Carlton are crap

Haha

My mate is a massive blues fan and cut up his membership cos he said u are the softest team in the comp and he refused to watch them play.

Anyway go to bay 13 if u wanna talk up ya lame blues

Cats gave me 2 flags and the tab filled up my pockets to go drown my sorrows...kitch

Afl mvp>brownlow thanks for playing

I remember saying something similar a few years ago on this forum. Someone informed me that many AFL players don't give much thought to their voting and give votes to whoever the media talks up for that given season.

I'm now of the opinion that coaches award is the best indicator of the best players for the season.

Of course this is all subjective, so however you rank players or awards is correct.

FWIW return of $6800. Used the last of my funds in my account to hit the Judd-Ablett Quinella which proved fruitful.

It ain't over yet. Did anyone else get on Judd with the Pies Flag at $3? This will be my biggest win. Have done a bit of hedging on Saints this week (it is great to have money to hedge large with thanks to Juddy), but win more on pies. I think they will win. I put $900 on a draw just in case.

My tally had Judd 27 votes, give or take a couple (25-29). Posted my round by round tally here a week before the count. I thought it would be more likely around 25, but a chance of higher votes so I hit him hard. Spoke it over with the wife and we invested as if it was stocks. High risk/High return. I love my wife. She trusted my judgement as I closely watched every blues game, most of them twice. Pretty easy to say she digs me now in return.

It is hard to say it, but 'Go Pies!':thumbsu:

It ain't over yet. Did anyone else get on Judd with the Pies Flag at $3? This will be my biggest win.

No but got a few tickets (already won 5 grand on the primary ticket would have been 10 but for Jacks draw) (Judd, Boak, Jack Riewoldt, Boyd, Watson, Swan, Sandi,Goodes) into St George/Souths x $8 (nrl, toyota cup double which i hate nrl but too good an odds to let slip), St George/Bull x $9.06, St George/NZ x $9.06.....So huge payout if St George can win....not going to hedge my bets unless they win this week and get through to the GF in which case they will be favourites.....So i sort of know how you feel....still nervous...good luck:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone worried about the media backlash, with the judd win and umpires giving votes to favourites. Think this will have any impact on the votes next year?

P.S If there are any private forum invitations left, give me a PM so I can continue the brownlow discussion and not this dribble such as swan rules judd sucks etc.

Just logged on for the first time since Monday night, been getting smashed with mates every night as celebration, after netting around 10k for the night!
Cheers for everyones input and THANK YOU Hayes, Boak and Boyd :)

Woo Hoo!

Now lets all pray TAB allows multi's again next year :thumbsu:

p.s. anyone know how much BK slaughtered them for this year?

BK has mentioned a ballpark figure, and it's absolutely his choice whether he chooses to share it. Needless to say, some very healthy profits were seen on Monday Night.

It was a team effort, tants :thumbsu:. Everyone in this thread did a superb job, and we're only truly seeing the results now. A few of the regulars may be gone next year, but there's always room for someone to step into their place with their own count! Hope you're on board for next year, mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back