Brownlow Medal 2011 (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to give votes for the Essendon game, but

3. Reimers - 8 goals, says it all.
2. Howlett - was the engine room for the Dons, right in front of the umpires' eyes, and had a lot of kicks rather than handballs as well.
1. Ablett - the only reason it wasn't 200 points.

No way will Ablett get votes in a 139 point hiding.

2.5. Reimers - A few soft and easy goals, but with 8 of them he gets the 3
2. Watson - Few iffy kicks but contested work and handballing was fantastic.
1. Howlett - Great in close and had some eye catching run and carries.
0.5. Bellchambers - Best big man on the ground. Great in the ruck, did well around the ground and went forward with a couple of big grabs and goals.

Collingwood and Bulldogs game.

2.25. Shaw - Toss up between him and Sidebottom, gave it to Shaw thanks to a massive last quarter.
2. Sidebottom - played well all game, used it really well and kicked three goals.
1. Leigh Brown - Was the catalyst for the last quarter romp. 4 goals, including two rippers.
0.5. Krakouer - Was prominent in the first three quarters, exploded in the last.
0.25. Pendles - Along with Griffin and perhaps Ball, thought he was the best midfielder on the ground. Class stood out in the wet and is a smoky for a vote.

No way will Ablett get votes in a 139 point hiding.

I know how silly it sounds, but I was at the ground, and Reimers and Howlett were the only Dons who actually stood out. It was a really even team performance. Ablett on the other hand stood out like a sore thumb, has a proven polling history, and was excellent, regardless of the margin.

I wouldn't say it's a certainty, but to discount it is silly also.

Sorry but i'm totally discounting him getting near the votes.

He played a fantastic game but 139 points is just too great a margin. Umpires are just asking to get criticised if they give out votes in 20 goal plus drubbings.

Sorry but i'm totally discounting him getting near the votes.

He played a fantastic game but 139 points is just too great a margin. Umpires are just asking to get criticised if they give out votes in 20 goal plus drubbings.

chris-judd-brownlow-afl-footy-big-thumbnail.jpg

Their reputation is shot already (made me some nice coin though).

Ideally I like to bet later in the season but I couldn't help myself any longer I'm on Moloney at $2.65. I have Melbourne at:

Moloney 8.25 (9) 3 potential polling games
Sylvia 1.75 (1) 2 games
Jurrah 1.5 (2) 1 game
Trengove 2 (2) 1 game
Jamar 0.5 (0) 1 game

I have Moloney marked at about $1.45ish to win Melbourne so just took the $2.65. Thoughts? I'm a relatvie newbie to betting on the brownlow during the season, usually just wait until the end.

Well if melbourne continue to be as terrible as they were against west coast then they won't get any more votes :D so on that basis you're a good chance. I think it was 9 votes to win melbournes last year. So one more BOG and you would be very comfortable.
I wouldn't bet on it myself, purely because I think its too long to wait for a $2-$3 return but I think the value is there.

Ideally I like to bet later in the season but I couldn't help myself any longer I'm on Moloney at $2.65. I have Melbourne at:

Moloney 8.25 (9) 3 potential polling games
Sylvia 1.75 (1) 2 games
Jurrah 1.5 (2) 1 game
Trengove 2 (2) 1 game
Jamar 0.5 (0) 1 game

I have Moloney marked at about $1.45ish to win Melbourne so just took the $2.65. Thoughts? I'm a relatvie newbie to betting on the brownlow during the season, usually just wait until the end.

Absolutely agree. Got on this last week at the $2.65, it is very good overs. Should be on about 7-9 votes and no one else is close at the moment. I'd get on while the value is still there.

Well if melbourne continue to be as terrible as they were against west coast then they won't get any more votes :D so on that basis you're a good chance. I think it was 9 votes to win melbournes last year. So one more BOG and you would be very comfortable.
I wouldn't bet on it myself, purely because I think its too long to wait for a $2-$3 return but I think the value is there.

Sylvia and Davey tied on 10.

Hard to give votes for the Essendon game, but

3. Reimers - 8 goals, says it all.
2. Howlett - was the engine room for the Dons, right in front of the umpires' eyes, and had a lot of kicks rather than handballs as well.
1. Ablett - the only reason it wasn't 200 points.

Watson will probably get the three. Reimers will get 2 or 1, and Howlett is a good show for the other.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can we have some votes for North vs Port, I will post votes for any other game if someone wants to swap.

Mine were:
3 - Harvey
2 - Goldstein
1 - Hartlett (A bit unsure on this one. I'm interested to see what other people have)

Had a ring around last week.

TAB currently deciding wether or not they'll be allowing team vote multis. The other 10 or so main bookies have already decided they will not be allowing it again this year.

Anyone got votes for the adelaide saints game, as I'm struggling

Finally updated my count, well minus the adelaide saints game and I'm getting

11 (8-13) Watson
9 (5-12) Mundy
9 (8-9) Moloney
8 (6-9) Swan
7 (5-7) Pendlebury
7 (7-9) Cox
7 (5-10) Murphy
6 (3-9) Judd

Think Mundy is value at the moment at 101 (as low as 51 at other bookies) or 5.5 to win freo

(((((!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!]Had a ring around last week.

TAB currently deciding wether or not they'll be allowing team vote multis. The other 10 or so main bookies have already decided they will not be allowing it again this year)))))

WHY would you be bothering them in round 6.....infact dont bother them at all.

If i had someone asking me 18 weeks in advance about something I was thinking about cancelling...well...it wouldnt help ya case.

but no doubt 100 peanuts are gonna do it between now and seasons end

11 (8-13) Watson
9 (5-12) Mundy
9 (8-9) Moloney
8 (6-9) Swan
7 (5-7) Pendlebury
7 (7-9) Cox
7 (5-10) Murphy
6 (3-9) Judd

Think Mundy is value at the moment at 101 (as low as 51 at other bookies) or 5.5 to win freo

Glad someone else is on the Mundy train. Thought I was the only one who thought he was doing pretty well so far this year.

11 (8-13) Watson
9 (5-12) Mundy
9 (8-9) Moloney
8 (6-9) Swan
7 (5-7) Pendlebury
7 (7-9) Cox
7 (5-10) Murphy
6 (3-9) Judd

Adelaide St Kilda:
Thompson 2.75 (3)
Tippett 1.75 (2)
Dal Santo 0.75 (1)
Douglas 0.5
Jacobs 0.25

Can't say I agree about Mundy, I have him potentially polling in 4 games, but only 4.75 (5) votes overall: Mundy 0.25 (0) + 1.25 (1) + 0.75 (1) + 2.5 (3)

Not sure how you have him on 5-12, 4 best on grounds??

Adelaide St Kilda:
Thompson 2.75 (3)
Tippett 1.75 (2)
Dal Santo 0.75 (1)
Douglas 0.5
Jacobs 0.25

Can't say I agree about Mundy, I have him potentially polling in 4 games, but only 4.75 (5) votes overall: Mundy 0.25 (0) + 1.25 (1) + 0.75 (1) + 2.5 (3)

Not sure how you have him on 5-12, 4 best on grounds??

Thanks for the votes,
I will post where I have Mundy polling when I'm home from work. I am pretty unsure of how he will poll though, hence the large range.

Thanks for the votes,
I will post where I have Mundy polling when I'm home from work. I am pretty unsure of how he will poll though, hence the large range.

I currently have Mundy on 5.

Fyfe 6
Pav 5
Mundy 5
Sandi 3
Ballantyne 1

Judd is my leader on 11 with Murphy in second place on 9. Does anyone agree or have something similar? Just a little worried having 2 players from the same team leading the way, although it's not out of the question..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back