Brownlow Medal 2011 (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Syd vs Carl

3 Judd (first game clearly bog for Judd)
2 Mumford (took some nice grabs and fought til the end)
1 Betts (got the blues back in the game with a few crucial goals)

Thoughts??

3. Judd, nuff said. I hope danielnadjek comes in and gives him 3 votes for his game tonight.
2. Goodes, was always amongst it tonight, and the umps love him too.
1. Betts, I was wrong about him.

3. Judd
2. Goodes
1. Mumford/Betts

Judd was the stand out. Goodes gets the 2 as the umpires love him (his polling history says it all) and a lack of any other player really coming to mind. He was given the ball at every opportunity and was within the eye of the umpires alot because of this. Mummy may get the votes over Betts because of being in the umpires vision constantly as a ruckman but Betts did get Carlton back into the game. Flip of the coin.

Goodes had a shocker tonight, 13 posessions 0 goals dropped marks all night and he was frustarted and gave a few sprays to umps, Gibbs killed him. 0 chance of votes.

3. Judd (Clear BOG)
2/1 - raffle Mumford, Betts, Kennedy, McGlynn

Goodes had a shocker tonight, 13 posessions 0 goals dropped marks all night and he was frustarted and gave a few sprays to umps, Gibbs killed him. 0 chance of votes.

3. Judd (Clear BOG)
2/1 - raffle Mumford, Betts, Kennedy, McGlynn

With 2 people saying it, I'm pretty sure they are trolling.

Not sure about mumford getting 2 votes, only kicked his goals once the game was gone. Lots of hitouts but not many possessions. I guess 40+ hitouts helps though

Judd 3 - what else is there
betts 2 - really turned the game
mcglynn - 1 got the swans started

Very much so, mate. May I ask, from a non-biased, non-drunk perspective, is that the best game Juddy has played in a Blue jumper? Because I've made the call, and I'd like to think it's not a result of the state I'm in atm... 25+ contested possies is absolute class!

Very much so, mate. May I ask, from a non-biased, non-drunk perspective, is that the best game Juddy has played in a Blue jumper? Because I've made the call, and I'd like to think it's not a result of the state I'm in atm... 25+ contested possies is absolute class!

You're not wrong mate. I'm a harsh critic of Judd but that was probably the best game he has had with the Blues.

Was class tonight.

Ahh, relief! I rated McVeigh's game tonight too, though he might not have done enough to be amongst the votes.

EDIT: Sorry if anyone else thought I was trolling there. Although participation may have died down a bit this year if you compare to last year, I'm still keen to give back to the forum/thread that has provided me so much success in the past. :thumbsu:

Judd 3 (willed Carlton to victory. I think Judds season is just about to take off...)
Betts 2 (in all seriousness, his handling of the ball in wet conditions was pure class and he kicked some very skillful goals and took great marks under pressure in 1 on 1 situations)
Curnow 1 (He is an absolute ball magnet for the blues and was extremely solid all night IMO) - gibbs (not much of the ball but super influential in shutting down goodes) or mcglynn (swans best up forward) the other chances for the 1

S1bbald, I respect you as one of the most objectively thoughtful and honest posters on this board (since most of the other original respected brownlow posters have gone to the PF) but have to agree with the others on here already that you must be slightly inebriated atm (and rightly so after that win!:thumbsu: ) bc Goodesy had a shocker tonight. Very quiet after quarter time and Gibbsy absolutely shut him down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Forgot this thread was tucked away in the Stats board. Who looks like a jackass now for wondering why the Punting board hadn't started a thread yet? :D

Anyway, onto business;

3. Judd - no comments needed
2. Betts - turned the game in that third quarter
1. Mumford - dominant in the ruck, took some big marks, battled hard all night in front of the umpires' eyes.

hi ajs
just wanted to say thanks for all your help over the last few seasons BK, you and Goodestuff were always amazing posters with great accurate counts and knowledge. I didn't have the time to contribute or i would have. Just wondering do you still talk to BK and how much did he win last year? i understand why you guys left so few people show you guys respect for your hardwork. It would be so good if you stayed but i understand if you dont. You guys in this thread need to show some respect all he did was some constructive criticism and posters who probably havnt even heard of these guys jump down their throat? he explained thoroughly why he thinks the votes are off and copped abuse. i know whos advice i would be taking at the end of the season. Someone who got 15 or 16 out of 16 team leaders or some new people to the 2011 brownlow thread. These guys have won tens of thousands and used to always share their info without hesitation. You new posters have driven away nearly all of the quality posters we had well done..

Cheers mate, unsure if ill stick around atm.

Votes for tonight were straightforward:
3. Chris Judd
2. Eddie Betts
1. Ben Mclygnn

Would be surprised if anyone other than those guys featured in the votes although Mumford a chance to dislodge Mclygnn. Rated curnows game but he wont poll.

Nobody posted votes for WC Melbourne game! I only saw half of it... Cox, Priddis, Embley were good.

3- Priddis
2- Cox
1- Darling/Butler/Kerr/Embley

No idea who will get 1 could be a raffle. Cox and Priddis the 2 standout imo.

3- Judd
2- Curnow/Betts
1- Betts/Kennedy/mumford

Judd obviously get the 3 but 2 and 1 are harder to award. Leaning towards Curnow as it was a more consistent display but Betts did turn the game. Also liked Kennedy and Mummys game for the Swans.

3. Priddis
2. Cox
1. Embley

Always unsure when giving votes to Cox. He was great, though.

--

3. Judd
2. Betts
1. Curnow/Mumford

Easiest 3 vote decision you'll get all year. Others could go anywhere, JPK and McGlynn obvious chances.

I know Goodes had a shocker but he was involved in a lot of early play and has history.

No clear cut BOG but I've gone with:
Black 2.25 (3)
Martin 1.5 (2)
Nahas 1.25 (1)
Foley 0.75
King 0.25

WCE vs MELB

3. Priddis
2. Cox
1. Embley/Shuey

Watched the enitre game and Priddis was just getting it everywhere.
Cox might get the 2 but could go to Embley.
The 1 was a bit difficult i thought, it could go to Embley, Shuey or even Ebert but from my mind Shuey did stick out maybe could even sneak the 2.

Syd vs Carl

3. Judd
2. Betts/Curnow
1. Betts/Curnow/Mcglynn

No argueing with Judd
Betts with his 3rd quarter might just get the 2 but Curnow did stand out in the wet and Mcglynn was solid all night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back